Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! (3632 Views)

Quiz: Which Is Safer, 1988 Peugeot 505 GLX Or 1988 Toyota Corolla FX? / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Ikenna351(m): 7:30am On Feb 12, 2011
Hi,

First, I have noticed that the car still emits black smoke from the exhaust, under heavy acceleration only. I checked the spark plugs and they were all sooted with black carbons. What could be the cause of this problem? They told me they have replaced the Mass airflow sensor/meter before the car arrived. So, could it still be the MAF sensor or the fuel pressure regulator. Like i said, you only see the black smoke on the exhaust when you accelerate heavily or rev the engine a bit high. The engine dosnt idle roughly. Though it misfires and hesitates at first start everymorning, while the engine is cold.

The up and down idling speed is still there. When you start the engine for the first time in a day, it will run and dies off/stall after some seconds. It will do the same thing at second and third trial. Even when you try to acclelerate while idling, it will hesitate and stall. And before it stalls, the battery sign on the instrument cluster will lit before the engine goes off. The sound of the fuel pump will also be going up and down with engine sound while idling. sometimes, when the engine warms up, it stops stalling and up and down idling will stop too. But as soon as you traffigat or on the side indicator sign, the fuel pump sound will start going up and down. Whenever i accelerate and release the throttle, the engine will behave as if it wants to stall, the battery light will show on the instrument cluster and go off, and the engine will continue to idle.

I have cleaned IAC (Idle air control) valve with carb cleaner, yet the problem persisted. I intend to look for vacuum leak tomorow, incase it could be the cause of the idling problem and black smoke from the exhaust. I also will clean wire connectors in the engine bay tomorrow. I just need to do every thing in my power to fix it myself before taking it to mechanics who might worsent he matter for me.

I noticed that oil in the sump is overguaged. I dont know why or how that happened. Could it be they overguage it when they drained and refilled the engine oil before they brought the car to me? Because it was overguaged when i received the car from them the first day the car arrived. Or could it be that the excessive fuel mixture in combustion chamber is causing this? I checked the oil with hand and i still felt the viscosity, but wouldnt know if the oil has mixed with fuel that made it to overfil/overguage.

I bought 10 liters of coolant and intend to drain the water in the cooling system and refill with the coolant tomorrow. My concern is i wouldnt want after the refilling , and the problem of the rich fuel-air mix will be dianosed to be Temperature sensor, meaning, i will those coolant , which was expensive. But I dont want to continue using water in that radiator. Am afraid it could cause corrosion sooner than i expect. I have once removed and looked for the temperature sensor but couldnt find the exact type. So i put it back, hoping it wouldnt be the cause of the unstaedy idling and black smoke from the exhaust and spark plugs.

In fact, am scared of driving the car anymore because of these problems, especially the black smoke from the exhaust and the overguage oil which could ruin the engine crankcase. But, inspite of these, the car runs fine when it warms up. The problems ddont affect it speed or acceleration. It moves smoothly once its warm. Though, would stall as soon as i on A/C compressor,.ie accelerate the car and returns pedal while A/C is on.

What be the possible cause of the two problems mentioned above (Black smoke / up & down idling speed)? I need an idea before i start beating about the bush.

Ikenna
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Ikenna351(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2011
Missed me? grin

Two weeks ago, I pulled the engine bay harness (to Ignition & Injection ECUs) and explosed the wires and found what i was looking for: terrible connections on all engine sensors, disconnection of Injectors, fuel pumps, IAC & MAF relays and bypassing of the connections to battery. I reverted the wrong connections, reconnected the the relays,etc. I completed the job very late at night, around 8pm. I started the car and the engine started running sweetly, smoothly, no more hesitation, no more hard starting, no more surging, no more hunting,etc. All ignition problems gone.

But i still saw little black smoke when accelerated very hard. I checked again vacuum lines and blocked one of them and it just stopped. I floored the throttle and didnt see any smoke. In fact, for the first time since i have the car, it was bringing out steam from the exhaust.

Later on, i decided to try back the IAC the car came with which i replaced long time ago with one from 605 V6 (ZPJ). After putting it, the there was no smoke at idle, but would throw out little smoke from exhaust when accelerated hard. I removed & put back the 605 IAC and the black smoke was gone again.

I filed the fuel tank, add MOBIL fuel injection system cleaner in the tank, drained and refilled the engine oil and replaced the oil filter as well two days ago. Am observing it to see if fuel will dilute oil in the oil pan again (which i doubt). The car is now running great! cool

Now am happily hunting for 605 V6, which will be my daily driver, because the 505 V6 5sp manual is really a fun car to drive and will be used occassionaly and is my BABY!

Ikenna
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
ikenna do you remember this post cheesy
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Ikenna351(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
smartchoice: ikenna do you remember this post cheesy

Yes, I do.

My first thread in Nairaland, which was what brought me to Nairaland in the first place.

The moment you gather courage to deal with a challenge, a responsibility, thats the moment your success in life starts. The moment you decide to face your nightmares and deal with them, thats the moment a man is born. The moment you understand your car and starts taking care of it, thats the moment you deserve to own that car.

There are stories about me and this car, My Baby, this thread didnt capture. Stories that made me become so attached to that car, which i dont even know where to start. That car made me what Iam today in Auto world.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
hello,ikenna

After reading this post,i found out that exactly what you listed here is what am experiencing in my honda accord,i4 2.0 engine.
i need help badly.
i stay in Abuja.
thanks
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by yungboss(m): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
smartchoice: ikenna do you remember this post cheesy
smartchoice, you are a funny chap. I actually thought about this some months ago too...
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
Just going through cartalk section wink

yungboss:
smartchoice, you are a funny chap. I actually thought about this some months ago too...
wink
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Burger01(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2013
SO, Ikenna was once lost!!

smiley
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by JUO(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
I dey tell you
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Burger01(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
grin
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
Burger01: SO, Ikenna was once lost!!

smiley
So all we get hope!
Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by FestacGirl(f): 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wonderful so this mr ikenna351 was once lost,

Now he is Peugeot Expert, Flogging car talk men to their senses with his threads, even tho they are hatinggrin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by Ikenna351(m): 10:46am On Dec 12, 2015
FestacGirl:
Wonderful so this mr ikenna351 was once lost,

Now he is Peugeot Expert, Flogging car talk men to their senses with his threads, even tho they are hatinggrin grin

That's what happens to one that follows his path and remove every other person out of the equation. Because your path must lead you to greatness.

Human beings have developed this circle of programming others from birth to give up who they truly are, to doubt their inner being and seek for what we call "Solution" outside, when the answers/solutions are not truly needed, because there was never a need for that. When you ignore that impulse from within and sought for outside opinion whether to follow that impulse or follow another mans impulse, then you become confused, lost as you called it or disconnect yourself from your True self.

Your inner being will never mislead you if you can trust it enough to flow with that guidance from him or her through the impulse or urge you get to do something or buy that thing, because he or she knows your path to greatness, different from other peoples paths, which you will not see in the beginning. This was what happened to me on this thread, the journey and realization of untapped power locked up inside me the moment I decided and chose my impulses, my inner being guidance.

The point is, you don't need peoples opinion to live happily ever after. Not many people are AWARE of that.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 505 V6 5sp Stalls & Emits Black Smoke Under Heavy Acceleration. Help! by FestacGirl(f): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2015
Ikenna351:

That's what happens to one that follows his path and remove every other person out of the equation. Because your path must lead you to greatness.

Human beings have developed this circle of programming others from birth to give up who they truly are, to doubt their inner being and seek for what we call "Solution" outside, when the answers/solutions are not truly needed, because there was never a need for that. When you ignore that impulse from within and sought for outside opinion whether to follow that impulse or follow another mans impulse, then you become confused, lost as you called it or disconnect yourself from your True self.

Your inner being will never mislead you if you can trust it enough to flow with that guidance from him or her through the impulse or urge you get to do something or buy that thing, because he or she knows your path to greatness, different from other peoples paths, which you will not see in the beginning. This was what happened to me on this thread, the journey and realization of untapped power locked up inside me the moment I decided and chose my impulses, my inner being guidance.

The point is, you don't need peoples opinion to live happily ever after. Not many people are AWARE of that.

Ikenna, The Lion King.

Nice one
i respect you

(1) (Reply)

Winch Kin Car Be Dis? / Which Type Of Car Can I Get With 500k For Transport Business / The All Powerful Mercedes AMG GLE Coupe SUV (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.