Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Diddy To Executive Produce Burna Boy’s Next Album - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Diddy To Executive Produce Burna Boy’s Next Album (267 Views)

Former Bad Boy artiste,Mase Takes Label Boss P.Diddy To The Cleaners / P Diddy To Be Honoured With ‘industry Icon Awards’ – Grammy 2020 / Simi To Release Her Next Album On Her 31st Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diddy To Executive Produce Burna Boy’s Next Album by RandomAfrican1: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2020

Bad Boy Records boss, Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs is set to be the executive producer for Nigerian Afrobeats sensation Burna Boy‘s upcoming album titled ‘Twice as Tall.’

Source; https://africaatrandom.com/diddy-to-executive-produce-burna-boys-next-album/

Burna Boy spoke to the New York Times about the upcoming LP which is set to be released next week, the 13th of August, in a recent interview.

“I’ve never picked up a pen and paper and written down a song in my life,” he said. “It all just comes, like someone is standing there and telling me what to say. It’s all according to the spirits. Some of us are put on this earth to do what we do.”

Burna Boy added that his new EP aims to continue the “mission I started, which is building a bridge that leads every Black person in the world to come together, and to make you understand that without you having a home base, you can’t be as strong as you are.”

The musician reveals that majority of the songs on the album were recorded during the lockdown period as such he had to work with Diddy in long ‘distance mode’ despite the eight hour time difference between the both of them. He discloses that they did all the work via zoom calls and file transfers.

Diddy was able to create voice-over intros for some of the songs on the LP. There were also other inputs made by some artists like Anderson .Paak and Timbaland.

“I’m on record that I like hit records. If they’re not hit records, I don’t like them,” Diddy said. “A lot of times when an artist wants to be coached or pushed to maybe a greater level, that’s where I’ve come in.”

He added that, “He, as every artist, he wants his music to be heard by the world. He doesn’t care about crossing over. You know, he’s not trying to get hot. He’s not, like, ‘I want to be a big pop star’ — he’s already a star. He wants his music to be heard, his message, his people.”

Majority of the album was already done before Diddy came on board as an executive producer, but he borught that much needed “fresh ear” perspective.

The renowned producer says the LP is “a modern but pure, unapologetic African body of work.”

“The thing that I learned about him is the importance of what he’s doing for his nation and representing the people that aren’t really heard globally. Through this album, I think it’s important for Africa to be heard. And so it’s bigger than just an album. He’s not just on a musical artist trip. He’s a revolutionary. His conviction is serious,” Diddy said.

See video of Diddy and Burna Boy working together in a studio via tele-cast here; https://africaatrandom.com/diddy-to-executive-produce-burna-boys-next-album/

(1) (Reply)

Charity 'because' Of Home- Grandma Advises Women On Making Their Marriage Work / Bbnaija 2019 Star, Khafi Reveals How She Has Been Coping With Brothers Death / Erica Fights Wathony For Her Man Kidd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.