Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,514 members, 7,958,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Inefficiencies In UITH, Ilorin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Inefficiencies In UITH, Ilorin (337 Views)

Covid-19: No Fewer Than 18 Nurses Have Contacted The Virus In UITH / Emeka Offor Foundation Donates Medical Equipments To FMC Jalingo And UITH / Covid19 Patient Died In UITH Kwara State And Buried By Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inefficiencies In UITH, Ilorin by micellgevity: 9:47am On Aug 06, 2020
This is 9:22 AM on the 6th of August 2020. We are all standing waiting for the doctors and none of them has shown up. I don't know what to call this. But I believe this has shown the level of inefficiencies in the Nigeria's health system. Worst still, each clinic will only attend to five patients, they say they are reducing the numbers of patients they will attend to because of Covid-19, and this is 9:25 AM already, and the clinic will close by 12:PM. As I am typing this, a receptionist is returning some cards to their owners, telling them to come back next week. Pls, should all these sick people die because of the fear of Covid-19 by our inefficient hospital? A university teaching hospital for that matter. Most of us have been here since 5:30 or thereabouts just to make the list of those that will be attended to. I shake my head for this country. Our brothers from the East will say "Nigeria is a..." You know the rest now.
I weep for Nigeria my coun3.
I recorded a video of it, below is the link to the video. To watch it, just copy this link O8dXcbezc2o and paste to the YouTube address bar.

Re: Inefficiencies In UITH, Ilorin by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2020
If we had a serious government these things should'nt be happening, dont blame the hospital. Ideally the ratio of doctors to patients in our population should be about 1: 600, but in nigeria its about 1: 2800, and not all are even in practice and more are running abroad everyday. Infact there are more quacks than doctors in nigeria and our govt is not concerned.

1 Like

Re: Inefficiencies In UITH, Ilorin by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
micellgevity:
This is 9:22 AM on the 6th of August 2020. We are all standing waiting for the doctors and none of them has shown up. I don't know what to call this. But I believe this has shown the level of inefficiencies in the Nigeria's health system. Worst still, each clinic will only attend to five patients, they say they are reducing the numbers of patients they will attend to because of Covid-19, and this is 9:25 AM already, and the clinic will close by 12:PM. As I am typing this, a receptionist is returning some cards to their owners, telling them to come back next week. Pls, should all these sick people die because of the fear of Covid-19 by our inefficient hospital? A university teaching hospital for that matter. Most of us have been here since 5:30 or thereabouts just to make the list of those that will be attended to. I shake my head for this country. Our brothers from the East will say "Nigeria is a..." You know the rest now.
I weep for Nigeria my coun3.
I recorded a video of it, below is the link to the video. To watch it, just copy this link O8dXcbezc2o and paste to the YouTube address bar.

You guys need to know the difference between teaching hospitals and general hospitals, health centres, private hospitals, etc..
Teaching hospitals are training institutions for residency programs(postgraduate medical training) and research.
There are usually morning programs that run from 8am to about 9-9:30am every day.
During this period, only the emergency departments and few others function.
So, don't go to the clinics in a teaching hospital by 6am, and expect to see a doctor by 8am. The doctors will be in the conference hall for presentations by that time.
Patients with emergency conditions during this period should go to the emergency units, and not the clinics.
When you understand this little details, which most of you don't care about, some of these complaints won't be coming up.
The ministry of health fully knows about the programs, and those training programs are the basis for accrediting those hospitals.
This explains why you complaints won't go far, as you're the one whose fails to understand how such institutions function.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rockgarde For Libido / Five Simple Activities That Helps Me Relieve Stress / How Are You Fairing? Signs of PTSD after Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.