Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) (4150 Views)

Nations Championship: Nigeria 3 Vs Niger 1 (live) 84' / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by seriousguy: 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2007
i really did not see the impact of Berti Vougt or Beatrice Volks or whatever his name is on last Sunday's match. this guy is not ready to develop our football. we need to approach coaches like Stephen Keshi who will not tolerate indiscipline from small rats like Mikel who lacks respect for all Nigerians.

As for 'local' coaches, you need to pride yourselves and stop this idea of seeing yourselves as local coaches. You all implement same techniques, same ideas and same rules. God has given you wat can make you achieve watever a foreign coach can achieve. just beleive in yourselves, develop yourselves and apply your wisdom/modern techniques.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by amaikama(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2007
Ogbonge!! if u get dog and u no treat am right, u think say the dog go respect u?

cheers.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by amaikama(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2007
hmmm!! to day Mikel na baba tomorrow him be rat. make we take style know how to use words ooo!! especially wen e come to condemning.

After the likes of okocha, olise, babayaro, Amunike, the whole of usa 1994 and Atlanta 1996. una think say una get squad?
abeg make una think again.

cheers.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by djcruise: 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2007
all the same congrats 2 d eagles. kanu did exceptionally well.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by wale2oba(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2007
heyma, I also miss the USA 94 team. Presently, I dont know what to suggest to our coach. We seemingly have a crop of good players here and there, but when they come together, , Funny how we can be favorites to win a game and when you watch, we play like the under-dogs.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2007
I totally agree with @ amaikama. If you must know, its a thing of pride even for them to play for Nigeria and they know this. Also like sbdy wrote earlier, these guys, especially the ones in the UK need International matches to keep their place at their clubs, even their coaches are aware of this. So we should always look beyond the surface when issues come up. How does the NFA treat these guys too, nobody is talking abt that. I am not related to any of the parties in this issue.

Folks are all of a sudden upset with Mikel. What can he do when he is injured? Do you think they are happy when the country lose matches, I doubt! The NFA tells us what they want us to hear and go behind to make-up with these guys. We should allow 'reasons' to control what we say, Nigerians expect these guys to be there when things are fine and they trash them when things are not rossy for them. They have obviously learnt from their fore-runner and have gotten smart. The NFA should wake, thats the only solution.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by champredd(m): 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2007
Kudos to Kanu, he my favourite in the Eagles as well as Yobo. These two guys should be role models for the current eagles. They are patriotic, they are always there - win or lose(they have the winning spirit).
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by 9ja4eva: 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2007
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Idrizzle(m): 12:57am On Jun 19, 2007
we still need garba lawal a.k.a baba chindo in the team.
i think the team lacks an inspirational player.
i guess people like chidi odiah, ifeanyi udeze, babayaro, victor agali, aghahowa should not be forgotten.
berti vogts should please act right.
i wish him all the best.
fellow Nairaland users cheers!!!!!!!!!
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by enolase(m): 1:07am On Jun 19, 2007
There are players who are dying to play for their country. Yet we have a*s**l*s like Mikel "forming" for us.

God bless that young brat that I am not the coach of Super Eagles. I would have put him where he belongs. When I am through with him, he will come on bended knees, BEGGING. angry angry angry

As for me, I have stopped watching Super Eagles. I definitely have better things to do than watching a wobbling and fumbling team give people hypertension all the time.

Did I remember to tell you I had more patients in my clinic coming to check their BPs today? The reasons may not be too remote.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Jun 19, 2007
Onigbide what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would rather Kanu be player coach.
Nigeria footie is so irritating and boring

Garba Lawal, AGhahowa?? or was that a typing error? But truly Garba is better than a lot of these Eagles players.

Now if Eagles should beat the U-17 female team of Eritrea we should declare public holidays what a shame
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by elrufai2(m): 8:01am On Jun 19, 2007
@ DayoKanu

Thank you my brother. Some of these folks on nairaland are totally and sympathetically out of touch with reality. Imagine somebody still advocating for techincally bankrupt Onigbinde and lame-duck old Garba Lawal. The man (Lawal) might even be older than Vogts himself! I'm tired of reading some of these posts. God save Nigerian football!
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Kubed2klin(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2007
Niaja and its palavar. Any way, We have 12 points and are technically in to the Nations Cup untill Uganda play Lesotho.

I think we nee Ikechukwu Uche, to prove to Obafemi that he is not the only potenty striker we have.

If you don't konw, we are going to loose Ogunsoto very soon to either belgium or greece. maybe Vogts have not read that. Someone should please tell him.

Kudos to Onyekachi Okonkwo and Yak. may be if vogts invite Onyekachi Apam he might finally find a solution to finding a partner for Danny Shittu. Only then, can he play Yobo wherever he pleases.

Until then, lets continue to be patriotic
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by deb(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2007
@El-rufai
please lets learn to be objective and factual in the way we analyse issues. Adegboye Onigbinde is the worst Nigerian coach ever! Enuff said!

How can you say that? I think its unfair. Besides, you just contradicted yourself cause you are not being
objective and factual enough. Didn't Onigbinde beat Berti vogt's Scotland at their backyard?
He did the same thing to Ireland who hasn't lost a match at home since france 98 right at their backyard?

Please don't tell me they are friendly matches. na wah o
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by CrazyMan(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2007
The game was very tough and it's so good that after a long time Nigeria was able to mantain their supremacy in Africa
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Kubed2klin(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ Ogbonge

For your information, I live in Jos.

On Sunday a match was played in the igbo league here in jos, at the RwamPam Stadium. Do you know taht that fool of a Mikel was in one of the teams that played?

For God's sake is that patriotism?

If you are injured or sick, wahtever, show it that you really are.

Mourinho's spirit though good, but is afecting this toddler adversely. Please those who love this guy should put him together. He should ask Agali about his travails.

If people like the Eromoigbe brothers are begging to be called, and some other players would even show at camps uninvited, shouldn't this ginger this brat to get serious with his carreer?

Abi he doesn't know that subsequently, if he doesn't get a 75% playing time for his country it would affect him clubwise?
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by ojuvester: 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2007
Super Eagles ! With this match, they are not super yet, they need to work hard oh.A long way to go, but they can get there.NFA should please get them to play more matches.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by Echidime(m): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2007
Nigeria will be eliminated in the first rounds of ghana 2008. If you think otherwise watch and see.

Cameroun,Côte d'ivoire,Ghana will squarsh nigeria during 2008 cup of nations.Just pray that none of these three teams will be in our group for the first rounds.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dazangel11(f): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2007
O men I am still surprised we qualified to the final stage of Ghana2008.

You guys are blaming Vogts that guy has not done anything. It is the level to which Eguavoen, Onigbide, and Chukwu has reduced the super Dove sorry Eales to. More disgrace they come. Even country like Seychelles and somalia go soon dey beat us.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dinozzo(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2007
dazangel11:

O men I am still surprised we qualified to the final stage of Ghana2008.

You guys are blaming Vogts that guy has not done anything. It is the level to which Eguavoen, Onigbide, and Chukwu has reduced the super Dove sorry Eales to. More disgrace they come. Even country like Seychelles and somalia go soon dey beat us.
Niger was even eager to beat us. When we scored the penalty at Niger, the Nigeriens were eager to carry on with the game to get the equaliser as soon as possible, imagine that. No fear whatsoever for the so called super eagles. This just tells us the extent to which we've dropped.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by jejelolatu(f): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2007
Echidime:

Nigeria will be eliminated in the first rounds of ghana 2008. If you think otherwise watch and see.

Cameroun,Côte d'ivoire,Ghana will squarsh nigeria during 2008 cup of nations.Just pray that none of these three teams will be in our group for the first rounds.
haba!!!!!!!!!!it cnt be that bad. i think they would WOMBLE AND FUMBLE AS USUALL and manage to bring us our ' FAMOUS GOLDEN BRONZE"
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by deb(m): 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2007
We'll always get to the semis. what will happen after is what I cannot tell
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by radeniran(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2007
@ el-Rufai

As regard Onigbinde he has the reputation the pedigree as a football coach in Nigeria he was once tagged "Coach of Coaches" if you do not know i will tell u toaday that Onigbinde coached 3SC about 3 yrs ago he brought them back to premier league after about 2-3 yrs in relagation

Get your facts right Thank you
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by dinozzo(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2007
Onigbinde is a coach with a good record with 3sc and the national team in the eighties. Having said that I think he is a big mouth coach that destroyed any hopes we had in the 2002 world cup. He started the downfall of the super eagles, who no fit bring 3sc from division 2. Coach of coaches my foot.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by jaybanks(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2007
i might b a lone voice but i suggest vogts knows not much about african football and should b replaced by a more productive coach like cooreman the enyimba coach.he knows better and will b in nigeria to get local talents. wetin una think?
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by deb(m): 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2007
@dinozzo
Having said that I think he is a big mouth coach that destroyed any hopes we had in the 2002 world cup.

That hope that you are talking about was given to you by Onigbinde.
There was no hope prior to Japan/Korea word cup for Nigerians.

Onigbinde is still a member of FIFA technical department.
How many Nigerian coaches have made it to CAF level not to talk of almight FIFA?
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by warfarian(m): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2007
oooooooooopss that match like they said was kool, but we should b happy that we won, and we should also understand that the NIgerians as well are not woods, they want to win as well, and they need to fight strongly and not wait for us Nigerians to disgrace them in front of their fans, Yobo, Kanu are always patriotic, i love them, they answers whenever they are called upon.

As for Mikel, he is up for grab, we [nigerians] want to see him to england, thats if they needs him, because he is a useless ingrate, after what Keshi did for him, bringing him to limelight through the WYC, he was at the stadium in Abuja when the under 23 were swearting it out with Ghana under 23 but didnt show up for the match, WHY!, he is just tooo pompous, maybe he thinks Chelsea is the peak, we sha c what the end of him sha bring.

As for the mid field, i strongly we still need OKOCHA, there no point denying that, Okocha is still needed at the mid, and Chidi Odia, can some1 tell me whats up with that guy, likewise Vincent Enyeama, were is he?

I learnt that, that MAGA has made Ejide the No 1 Goal Keeper, what happened to Enyeama, please are we sure the MAGA was not sent to destroy the nigerian futball, why is he acting stupid and disorganised?

na wa ohh for GLO self, Awoooof dey porge belle, NFA no know concern Berti Vogts, GLo just go arrange am kom give them, they them self like awoof them just accept, [if na u unko], they dont know the agreement the MAGA entered with GLO, but they all with there big big belle accept and share the money that was supposed to hire a better nigerian coach to themselves, but i know Vogts will go very soon, if not, the nest match will fix in [b][/b]Liberation stadium, we know were that 1 is PH, so that the militant can hlpe us to Kidnapp him, then nobody will tell him to kawaaaaa, lol
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by warfarian(m): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2007
Vogts does not know anything about African futbal, yet NFA agree with GLO to bring our futbal to shame, God will put them to shame, lets use our well known and indutrious coaches, they r our and are good as well, they have played futball in those foreign countries they coaches koms from, so what the different, has Vogts played futball in africa, but ours has been there, they have played with them and know everything about their games, why shoould we always put round pegs in sqaure holes, WHY!!!
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by MP007(m): 6:33pm On Jun 19, 2007
why dont u go back to usa 94' if u love the team much so that u cant let go, bro plz
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by 9ja4eva: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2007
warfarian:

oooooooooopss that match like they said was kool, but we should b happy that we won, and we should also understand that the NIgerians as well are not woods, they want to win as well, and they need to fight strongly and not wait for us Nigerians to disgrace them in front of their fans, Yobo, Kanu are always patriotic, i love them, they answers whenever they are called upon.

As for Mikel, he is up for grab, we [nigerians] want to see him to england, thats if they needs him, because he is a useless ingrate, after what Keshi did for him, bringing him to limelight through the WYC, he was at the stadium in Abuja when the under 23 were swearting it out with Ghana under 23 but didnt show up for the match, WHY!, he is just tooo pompous, maybe he thinks Chelsea is the peak, we sha c what the end of him sha bring.

As for the mid field, i strongly we still need OKOCHA, there no point denying that, Okocha is still needed at the mid, and Chidi Odia, can someone tell me whats up with that guy, likewise Vincent Enyeama, were is he?

I learnt that, that MAGA has made Ejide the No 1 Goal Keeper, what happened to Enyeama, please are we sure the MAGA was not sent to destroy the nigerian futball, why is he acting stupid and disorganised?

na wa ohh for GLO self, Awoooof dey porge belle, NFA no know concern Berti Vogts, GLo just go arrange am kom give them, they them self like awoof them just accept, [if na u unko], they don't know the agreement the MAGA entered with GLO, but they all with there big big belle accept and share the money that was supposed to hire a better nigerian coach to themselves, but i know Vogts will go very soon, if not, the nest match will fix in [b][/b]Liberation stadium, we know were that 1 is PH, so that the militant can hlpe us to Kidnapp him, then nobody will tell him to kawaaaaa, lol

Ejide no bad
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by degubi(m): 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2007
Some people are so quick to blame berti for the misfortunes overwhelming nigerian football, but the truth is that our problem has degenerated into all aspects of our football, from players attitude to nfa's incompetence. unless drastic measures are taking to sanitise the whole structure then we will keep going down that infamous road. even if ferguson,ancherlloti or any world class coach takes over the super eagles,with the present structures they will never go far. the local coaches experienced it what makes the foreigners immune to it.
Re: Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3) by viee(f): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2007
at least we have qualified smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Booed At Kanu's Testimonial / Where Is Koboko Master Of Brila FM, Abuja? / Sure 2 Odds Win And Thank Me Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.