Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) (41952 Views)

Drama As Obaseki Pull Down Edo Assembly Roof Over Impeachment Scare (Video) / Edo: Obaseki Heaps Sand In Front Of Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (Photos) / Edo Assembly Relocates Sitting Over ‘Impeachment Scare’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by BleedingPen: 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
There was mild drama on Thursday at the Edo State House of Assembly, located at Ring Road axis of Benin City, as thugs were seen pulling down a dummy mace mounted at the roof of the Assembly.

Igbere TV reports the move comes following the foiled forceful takeover of the Assembly complex by 17 lawmakers of the APC and loyalists of the Party's Governorship candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

The order was reportedly issued by the state governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shaibu who have since decamped to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, from the APC.

Igbere TV had reported how security agencies, believed to be drafted from Abuja, on Thursday, stormed the Edo Assembly complex to provide security cover to the 17 APC lawmakers and Ize-Iyamu’s loyalists.

The move, which was to allow fresh inauguration of the APC loyalists, and the impeachment of the Speaker, Frank Okiye; the Governor and his deputy, Philip Shaibu, was however foiled when Obaseki, Shaibu and supporters stormed the complex.

Our correspondent later observed that thugs were immediately drafted to forcefully pull down the mace over fears that it may be used for the impeachment plans against Obaseki and his 5 loyalist-lawmakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSfTuss5zAk

The original mace is currently at Government House where sittings have been taking place for over a month by the pro-Obaseki lawmakers, claiming the Assembly complex was being fumigated over COVID-19 scare.

Earlier, heavy duty trucks from Government House were seen heaping sand and other construction materials at both the entrance and exit gates of the Assembly to prevent entry.

The roofs of the Edo Assembly complex were also forcefully removed on the alleged orders of Governor Obaseki, under the guise that they were old and needed to be replaced.

https://igberetvnews.com/1360578/drama-mace-edo-assembly-removed-impeachment-scare/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by dheilaw1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
Does he have the power to order the removal of mace?

54 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by dheilaw1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Does he have the power?

38 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Brandstudio01: 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
My brother abeg which kind Banana Republic be this sef.

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by IamWonderful: 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Abuse of office

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by MrALIVE: 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
And people are supporting this shameless man

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Runaway: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2020
The Governor is not using his power to me. He should act like Oshiomhomle.

24 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Paramount01(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lolz...part 2 of this film will be very sweet
I hope they introduce dino and pondi as cast

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by 143WaZoBia: 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Paramount01:
Lolz...part 2 of this film will be very sweet
I hope they introduce dino and pondi as cast
No room for fainters, every second counts.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by State001: 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lalasticlala how fa
Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by janedonez(m): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
This film sweet, I tell you

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by tammie24: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oshomole has really met his match no doubt!

For those asking if he has the power to do that

The building is not safe

DO you want the building to collapse on our precious lawmakers?

Talk about abuse of power

Is there any government that has abused office and power like this regime?

177 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Slawormir: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Obaseki my real niggarrr rrrrrrrrr

Iamgrey5:
About to spill hypocritical trash as usual
Obaseki is a real niggarr but Sorowe is a pussy harse niggarr in the eyes of a weed loving attention seeker.

He pain am...tell ambode to grow some balls

Okay....here it is ..... obaseki is a real niggarrr and ambode is a pussy asss niggarrr or rather a coward anyday anytime twice on Thursday

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by tammie24: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Obaseki my guy!!!

That's campaign right there

No be noise wey dem dey make for stadium

18 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Mo3891: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin

Fear who no fear short man Oshiomhole

Less than a month in Edo State Oshiomhole has wrecked this much havoc to small Obaseki's camp

Obaseki is so distracted by Oshiomhole's shadow that he might soon demolish the state assembly, so all campaign for him today has been cancelled.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by softset: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is getting ridiculous. How can a democratic governor do that.

Wike is not a good adviser

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Obaseki is ready to give them fire for fire. No be only them sabi craze.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by tammie24: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Renovation ongoing till 2023

Ko ni dafun APC

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by IgbalodeRaymond: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ambode should be joting down how to grow balls to fight a criminal drug dealing vagabond Tinubu.

Edo is not Eko

God bless Obaseki
he's fighting like a man

yeroba Muslims expected him to do the Ambode in order to add more feather to the head of the criminal drug lord Tinubu.

cc
Simplyleo

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
GboyegaD:
This guy is beginning to go crazy. Who told him he owns the state to think he can treat it like his personal property? I'm beginning to detest him although the opposition is as desperate as he is.

Cant you see the building is under construction, essential properties are meant to be kept safe.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by GboyegaD(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
This guy is beginning to go crazy. Who told him he owns the state to think he can treat it like his personal property? I'm beginning to detest him although the opposition is as desperate as he is.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Iamgrey5(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Obaseki my real niggarrr rrrrrrrrr
About to spill hypocritical trash as usual

Obaseki is a real niggarr but Sorowe is a pussy harse niggarr in the eyes of a weed loving attention seeker.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by mozes01(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Nigerian politician no dey surprise me again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Kobicove(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fire for fire! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by iHart(m): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
This battle is becoming something else.
Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Lewisalexander(m): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
143WaZoBia:

No room for fainters, every second counts.

Unlike ambode, Obaseki will never chicken out

13 Likes

Re: Obaseki Orders Removal Of Mace From Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (VIDEO) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
It is really funny I swear

Patronize our services

Install a car tracking device today and let your car feel safe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akin Ambode Releases His Resume To Silence His Critics In Politics / Victor Olabimtan Caught With 15 Ghana-must-go Bags In Ondo - Naij.com / Governor Uzodinma Appoints Cubana Chief Priest As SA Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.