Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo (760 Views)

Orji Kalu Seeks Amnesty For Detained IPOB Members / Orji Kalu Seeks Post-Conviction Bail, Cites Health Challenges / Okorocha Meets Ihedioha, Peter Obi & PDP Members At A Burial In Imo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by Metrix147: 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Former Governor of Imo state and Senator representing Imo West Senatorial zone , Senator Rochas Okorocha on Thursday met with Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu, the Senate Chief Whip in Abia.

The duo on Thursday met at the home of First Vice National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) South East, Dr Julius Anyim Nyerere where Okorocha declared that the political future of Ndigbo is in the hands of himself and Kalu, former Abia governor.

Sen. Okorocha whose meeting with Sen. Kalu was coincidental sought the unification of Ndigbo especially the elite, maintaining that he and Kalu will synergise to protect the political future of the South East.

According to the federal lawmaker, the leadership and responsibilities of Ndigbo has on him and his counterpart, Sen. Kalu.

"Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu is late , politicians like Jim Nwobodo, Arthur Nzeribe and many others are no longer active as they use to be .

"Many other great leaders are no more and that vacuum must be filled up .So the responsibilities have fallen on other people’s shoulders, and that shoulder is that of Dr Orji Uzor Kalu and myself.

"So it is important that we gather as brothers and discuss issues that will help the entire Igbo people. Because if a child knows what killed his father, he wouldn’t allow himself to die same way.”

He further added, ”I am using this opportunity to tell my brother, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu that the dance we are dancing now is not for ourselves but to entertain the public and know if they will be happy. If I dance for you to give me money , that means something is wrong . So the dance now is not for us but to see if there will be a better future for Igbo people. We have decided to work together. We are learning on the job on how to work together. We have to make a shift from the normalcy.

“The political ideology inherited from our predecessors and political fore fathers are not really the best . We were taught to maintain political enemies for the rest of your life. That is why the likes of Jim Nwobodo and Alex Ekwueme never agreed until death , Mbakwe and Arthur Nzeribe never agreed until death and so we must carve out a niche so we don’t transfer this to subsequent generation of “Ndigbo”, that is why people like Orji Uzor Kalu and myself must profess love amongst ourselves and not only within us but within our enclave.

Continuing he said, “We should never allow division among ourselves. We must distinguish ourselves in character and at the same time know when to extend our hands of fellowship to our brothers who are not on the same political stand with us . This will help us to know when political war will end and when brotherhood will start . Because in life you need to know when to start and when to stop. We need to come together to make sure that Igbo people are no longer used as political spare tyres . I saw a protest yesterday in Abuja and Lagos and that protest is a pointer . We need to dramatize our love and peace so that subsequent generations can key in to it .” Okorocha said.

In his response, Kalu said he wants peace to return to the APC political family in the South East .

He noted that what he needs in life at the moment are limited , adding that he will be very happy to see the current governor of Imo state, Hope Uzodimma and Rochas Okorocha on the same page.

Kalu’s words: ” I am happy because Owelle has spoken so well, I want peace to return to APC in the Southeast, I am the highest politically elected office holder the Southeast by virtue of my office as the Chief Whip.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/08/okorocha-meets-kalu-seeks-collaboration-for-future-of-ndigbo/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by YellowDay: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
undecided
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by hisgrace090: 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Time for Igbos to sit up is now.
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by crestedaguiyi: 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Nonsense meeting
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by Brandstudio01: 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
For the first time
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by athaboi(f): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
Igbos gonna rule nigeria come 2023...men are cooking something
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by athaboi(f): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
Nonsense meeting
zone B
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by cicero(m): 8:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
Two colossal failures. Ruled your states for 8 years and left it worst than you met it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by crestedaguiyi: 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
athaboi:
zone B

Ur fada
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by ThatFairGuy: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Fight will erupt once the duo are ask to present a conscessor candidate for PRESIDENCY.
They'll never step down for themselves.

It's trait

Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by FlordFlorez(m): 5:42am On Aug 07, 2020
You two are not fit to represent Ndi Igbo. We strongly reject you two! grin
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by Whazar(m): 7:22am On Aug 07, 2020
These are not reputable humans to lead a tribe
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 07, 2020
What a shame.
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by hajimosho(m): 8:28am On Aug 07, 2020
We must distinguish ourselves in character and at the same time know when to extend our hands of fellowship to our brothers who are not on the same political stand with us . This will help us to know when political war will end and when brotherhood will start.

Kudos to Sen. Okorocha for taking this move. Nothing solidifies ambition like teamwork and strong alliance. And the best way to give an ethnic agitation a national appeal is to have a unified house which gives sense of belonging to insiders with no emblem of threat to the outsiders.

Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by Commonsense99: 8:41am On Aug 07, 2020
grin
Two selfish very short sighted men who are blessed(cursed actually) with a wonderful lack of vision! ;Dwho ruled their states for 8 years with no legacy to show for it.
Its an insult to Ndi igbo to associate their political future with these failures...on Biafra we stand.
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by helinues: 8:42am On Aug 07, 2020
All the best to them
Re: Okorocha Meets Kalu, Seeks Collaboration For Future Of Ndigbo by BlackfireX: 10:11am On Aug 07, 2020
The way this SE is moving there games for presidency from APC calls for attention.

(1) (Reply)

Residents Of Ikota Estate Pray Against Demons Causing Their Transformer Failure / VIDEO: Otaru Of Auchi Turbaning Of Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu / Omlkri Petition On Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.