Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (53484 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / The Kainji Dam In Pictures / Port Harcourt Pleasure Park And The Legacy Of A “new” Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by UDUJ(m): 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2020
oglalasioux:

They told you this crap there or you made it up?

lmao grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Mekzyz(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]There has never been a popular belief that electricity comes directly from water. Stop trying to correct what was never wrong!
Contrary to popular belief it is not the water that directly produces Electricity.

Electricity is produced by a device called a turbine. Turbines contain metal coils surrounded by magnets. When the magnets spin over the metal coils, electricity is produced. Turbines are located inside dams. The falling water spins the magnets.

Thus, the water only spin the turbines which in turn generates electricity.

[/quote]
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by oglalasioux(m): 9:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
luminouz:

what's with you?? undecided

He clearly said water spins the turbines,which have magnets and coils. Once water spins the turbines, will the coils and magnets congeal or freeze to produce electricity ni? undecided

The way you people attack information baffles me

The information is wrong. It's not the falling water that spins the turbines. The falling water, as we are all familiar with pictures of dams, are gates to allow overfilled dams to flow away. The water that spins the turbines are deep down the dam.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by HoluGraze: 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Naijasurveys:

If you experienced loss of smell or taste or both between Jan & June this year and you live in Nigeria, kindly check on my signature
This happened to me last week but I'm recovering already
I checked your signature and it isn't clear to me
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Nicepoker(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:
Contrary to popular belief it is not the water that directly produces Electricity.

Electricity is produced by a device called a turbine. Turbines contain metal coils surrounded by magnets. When the magnets spin over the metal coils, electricity is produced. Turbines are located inside dams. The falling water spins the magnets.

May be na only you believed in that.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by luminouz(m): 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
oglalasioux:

The information is wrong. It's not the falling water that spins the turbines. The falling water, as we are all familiar with pictures of dams, are gates to allow overfilled dams to flow away. The water that spins the turbines are deep down the dam.

Water spins the turbines, not so?

Thats the message we all saw and heeded!!!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by stealmatic(m): 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
[quote author=Dpsychologist post=92539522] waiting 4 dat righteousnes89 abi na 99 to cm and preach to us how d peopl of isreal uses turbine engines during d time of jesus time,dnt cm and pollut dis wonderful thread o
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Bar1941(m): 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:
My Tour to Kainji Hydropower station
After i was done with the Kainji Lake National Park i decided to go on a tour to Kainji dam. As i was about to enter i was told i cannot enter until i was given a permit. I was directed to the administrative office which was a little bit far. After obtain permission i was allowed to enter.

Even at that i was given laid down rules including no snapping, but i manouver to snap some pics

Later you guys will be complaining your leaders are not credible, how can you describe the above highlighted character of yours? You took the pics just for the likes you stand to get on Nairaland unknown to to you that defying that simple order could cost many other prospective visitors the opportunity for visiting.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by RudyNerdy: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:

what if person jumps into the water, will he be electrocuted?
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by AbujaBlue: 9:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
Waiting for pictures of a National Park? So far it looks like a zoo?
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Dpsychologist: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bar1941:

Later you guys will be complaining your leaders are not credible, how can you describe the above highlighted character of yours? You took the pics just for the likes you stand to get on Nairaland unknown to to you that defying that simple order could cost many other prospective visitors the opportunity for visiting.

If you observe closely the pictures i snapped were outside pics. I had many pictures on my phonr but i didn't upload it.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Essence20(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:

You are right...
But I think they are electromagnets-
coils of wire wound round an iron core that produces magnetic effect when excited, not permanent magnets.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Dpsychologist: 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2020
RudyNerdy:
what if person jumps into the water, will he be electrocuted?
I don't think so.
The water turns the turbines which generate electricity. After which, the water is freed which goes to i think kainji Lake. If i am not mistaken, the water cannot shock you.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by lascos912(m): 9:47pm On Aug 27, 2020
kainji scam

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Dpsychologist: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Essence20:

You are right...
But I think they are electromagnets-
coils of wire wound round an iron core that produces magnetic effect when excited, not permanent magnets.

Thanks for this. Not that into physics. Most of what they were explaining i don't understand.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Dpsychologist: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
lascos912:
kainji scam
Lol
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Thryphosa(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:

The closest hotel to the park and dam is hydrohotel.

As of when i went there, i didn't Encounter any terrorist attack, or insurgency it is quite safe. I think they have more steady light than other places i have been to.

For irrigation yea there are alot of farm activities going on but the little problem is that when there is overflow of water it tends to flood the farms and other area within the locality. Although not always.

Aside Hydro Hotel, there are other ones, Lafia spot, NIFFR Guest house, and lots more. New Bussa is generally peaceful.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Thryphosa(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bar1941:

Maybe they just started the "no taking of pictures thing " I remember when I visited 3 years ago with my wife, I took so many pictures, I still have some on my laptop till now.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Essence20(m): 10:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Thanks for this. Not that into physics. Most of what they were explaining i don't understand.
It's same principle with the regular synchronous generators, just on a larger scale and a different prime mover(falling water).
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by shugabasbn: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Kalatium:

Guy you must be high or something.
Havr you gone there before.
Don't mind him.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by emirofcalabar(m): 10:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
SpaceX:
please nobody should take this idiot seriously, these are two different distance that can not be accomplished in a day.
The whole of Borgu empire could be accomplished in a day Sir. Start from Mokwa to Kainji, New Bussa, Wawa,gofanti, lumaa even Babana if you ve travelled that far before. So why call him idiot

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by chaberry(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:
My Tour to Kainji Hydropower station
After i was done with the Kainji Lake National Park i decided to go on a tour to Kainji dam. As i was about to enter i was told i cannot enter until i was given a permit. I was directed to the administrative office which was a little bit far. After obtain permission i was allowed to enter.

Even at that i was given laid down rules including no snapping, but i manouver to snap some pics

So you're in Kainji and didn't let me know
I'm kainji base
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by RudyNerdy: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:

I don't think so.
The water turns the turbines which generate electricity. After which, the water is freed which goes to i think kainji Lake. If i am not mistaken, the water cannot shock you.
Thank you very much
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by dydxdan: 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
oglalasioux:

They told you this crap there or you made it up?
lolz ...na wetin i dey reason too ooo....water spinning magnet..??...completely out of point...
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by DamiBlaise: 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
SpaceX:
man, the dam and park can not be covered in a day, they are two different distance apart. I mean very far apart. The dam was formerly owned by nepa and due to the dam, school and hospital were built for the workers, I had the privilege of attending the school. I literally lived my whole life there. Stop talking nonsense.

And you didn't mention about the parks having two different locations.

Don't play with me bro. Bloody liar

This guy get problem, real one!
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by babtoundey(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
They know how they have messed up the place and made it unpresentable to the whole world.. How would they permit you to take pictures.

They are being hunted by their guilty conscience.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Qtsnow(m): 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dpsychologist:
In Kainji Lake National Park some of the animals are allowed to roam about such as the Ostrich unlike some like the baboon

Was there on I.T forestry and wildlife students can relate.

That particular ostrich always eat our bar soap whenever we wash outside.

Went on a 14km with park rangers, sincerely it was awesome. Spent about a month there. It was really memorable.
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Coquinoqui: 11:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
What is this mtcheeeew
Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by armyofone(m): 11:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
I said to myself earlier this week, after COVID, i will be visiting Hoover Dam. Hope Nigeria will have Dams like the Hoover in the future.

Good one op!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam by Frezhkid10(m): 12:46am On Aug 28, 2020
JBiden:

Basic physics na. Those turbines are glorified rotors you find in toys and fans etc.

Surprised peopleactually didn't know this. Enlightenment sha.
..I swear..sounds too basic to me.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Seen Perching On The Bumper Of A Danfo Bus In Lagos. / Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri / Man Kneels Down To Thank God He Left Nigeria For The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.