Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Gamers Virtual Machine - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Gamers Virtual Machine (747 Views)

A Free Course On How To Build A Virtual Machine / The Java Virtual Machine Explained / Gamers Virtual Machine 1.5 Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gamers Virtual Machine by Ogim: 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2011
Gamers is a virtual machine program created by me, for game design. At first i wanted to make c or pascal Gamers programming language, but c and pascal has too many  functions and statement that will not be required and it would have taken me a long time to finish this virtual machine, so i decided to create my own programming language and make it Gamers programming language.
Gamers programming language is a simple language that any one can learn, though it will be a lot easier if you already have some experience in some other programming language, since Gamers programming language is a new programming language. I have remove bugs from the programming language,but creating a programming language doe not mean i know all the errors in the program, hopefully the more people use Gamers and alert me of the errors they encounter, i will be able to fix more error until they are no more errors in the program.
They are two part in Gamers (1) the virtual machine that interpret the codes and execute the games for users to play and (2) the compiler. The virtual machine,Gamers, is freeware and the current version is 1.5.
I have release two compilers for users, one is freeware (Gamers Compiler Free Edition), while the other (Gamers Compiler Pro), you must buy a key to use it.

The Difference between the two Compiler is

They will be no updates or any other version for the free edition.
The free version does not support threads.
Only one sound file is allowed in the free version.
Only one text file is allowed in the free version.
Only .bmp file can be use in Gamers Compiler free edition.

They will be updates and other versions for the pro version.
Pro version supports threads.
You can use any number of sound file in pro version.
You can use any number of text file in pro version.
Game designers can use .png,.jpg and .bmp image files in Gamers Compiler pro.

visit- www. gamersvm .co.cc  for more info and to download this software.
Re: Gamers Virtual Machine by Ogim: 7:43am On Feb 13, 2011
-
Re: Gamers Virtual Machine by Ogim: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
-
Re: Gamers Virtual Machine by Ogim: 10:45am On Feb 23, 2011
-
Re: Gamers Virtual Machine by worldbest(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
I see the great idea you've got, making game programming easy. But i would like to give you a little suggestion. It would be appropriate to show sample codes, screenshots and other 'most know' info like the graphics Engine the language works with. Is it 2D or 3D or text based. OpenGL/Directx. You cant put up a program/API/Language for download that is virtually unexplained and expect serious programmers to get interested. I personally think you trying to hide your codes since u also want to make money Off it(not against it though). It doesnt work that way, even pro/paid game engine have docs both online and in the download.
Re: Gamers Virtual Machine by Ogim: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
i thing some programmers here dont understand what a virtual machine is. Gamers is a virtual machine or maybe i should use a term you may be familiar with. Gamers is a runtime engine, i think every body here is familiar with java runtime engine (jre). Now lets say you design a game with java programming language and give to me when i dont have java on my system, how im i suppose to play the game. This is the same problem here, no metter the number of example i put here for people, it will be useless without first installing gamers virtual machine (runtime engine) on your system. You ask for examples and codes when all this things comes with the software, now ask your self if you hava try the software before you ask this things.
Gamers virtual machine is freeware, i dont see the point of all this question when you havent even install and try the software, because if you have, you would have seen that it comes with documentations and code examples. So this is what im going to say, download and install the software and then if you have any problem, let me know and i'll be able to give you direction.
Re: Gamers Virtual Machine by Ogim: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2011
I have place an online documentation of gamers programming language and its api's or functions on the website.

(1) (Reply)

Gamers Virtual Machine / Software Installation / Asp.net Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.