Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

What To Know About Eating Healthy For Quality Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Know About Eating Healthy For Quality Sleep (220 Views)

Here Is The Shocking Reason Why Indomie Is Not Healthy For Weightloss... / 3 Secrets To Prevent So Many Diseases: Eat Right, Exercise And Get Quality Sleep / Thing You Should Know About Eating Banana On Boiled Egg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Know About Eating Healthy For Quality Sleep by Y4all: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
Do you know that the food you consume can either tell positively or negatively on the quality of sleep you get? Also, are you aware that you can improve your sleep through your diet? Keep reading to find out the interplay between the food we eat and how they tell on our sleep quality.

An old saying goes thus, "An apple a day keeps you away from the doctor" of course, the idea is aimed at encouraging us to eat well and eat right so that we don't always fall sick. But then, we need to know that eating right doesn't only help to improve our wellbeing, it also helps the body to fight against free radicals especially when the right food is consumed. Quickly, let us hop into what we need to know about eating healthy as if affects sleep quality.

Eat right to sleep well
The emphasis here isn't on just eating but eating right. So, what do we mean when we say eat right? This simply preaches eating balanced meals in the right proportion and taking the necessary fruits the body needs to keep fit. To eat right, one has to understand that they should not always skip breakfast. It is important that the entire cooking and eventual eating process goes through the right format.

No doubt, late-night feeding isn't medically advisable as this will take time to digest, therefore, one is encouraged to eat at the right time. A healthy balanced diet has the right amount of each class of food in the right proportion. Medically, foods rich in fiber are often the recommended plates for all people that wish to reduce sugar and foods high in saturated fat. The point here is for us to eat healthy foods at the right time if we would maintain a healthy sleep cycle.

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are important for a healthy diet and they should be consumed every day. When fruits and vegetables are rightly infused in our meals, they help to reduce the risk of heart-related diseases, lower blood pressure, and even keep the appetite in check. This in turn helps the body relax and easily fall asleep when your brain knows your body is ready to rest for the day.

Lose weight to sleep well
People with heavy body weight sleep comfortably just as those with light bodyweight. Although people whose body weight is excessive tend to experience certain discomfort. Therefore, it is important to note that losing weight can help to improve sleep quality. The way to go about this is to start by eating well and eating right, once this is coupled with the right exercise, the individual can lose weight and enjoy quality sleep.
Source: https://www.wincofoam.com/what-to-know-about-eating-healthy-for-quality-sleep/

Re: What To Know About Eating Healthy For Quality Sleep by Navai23: 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
I improved my sleep by using milk at night. I read this at https://prorganiq.com/blogs/new/health-benefits-of-drinking-milk-at-night . Found the article by accident. I often had trouble sleeping, it seems to me due to stress. But I started drinking milk at night and my sleep improved. I recommend everyone to try

(1) (Reply)

Sex Therapist In The House. I Need Assistance / Gombe Molecular Lab Begins Testing For Covid-19 / 4 Tips To Control Your Premature Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.