Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham (577 Views)

Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' / 7 Reasons Islam Is The Fastest Growing Religion In The World / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by npuway: 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
We often hear the term, "the Abrahamic Faiths". By this, it is understood to be Judaism, Christianity and Islam. But, there is an ongoing debate on whether Islam is a continuation of Judaism and Christianity.

To further enrich the debate, I have added my voice to say that Islam is not a continuation of Judiasm and Christianity, neither is it the last revelation as it calls itself.

I am entitled to hold these opinions as my fundamental right of thought. I believe all concept/ideas can be discussed including religion. My position on whether Islam is a continuation of Judaism and Christianity or even the last revelation can be refuted or supported. It would be nice if citations/references are produced to back up assertions.

While there are thousands of reasons why Islam is not from the same God that reveal Himself to Abraham and manifested in Christ, here are five reasons I believe Islam is not from the God of Abraham.

5 Reasons Islam Is Not from the God of Abraham

Reason #1:
Muhammed could not perform a miracle as required by God.

(Deuteronomy 18:21,22, NAS95) 21 "You may say in your heart, 'How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?' 22 "When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

Qur'an 6:37-39, 36. And they said: "Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?" Say: "Allâh is certainly Able to send down a sign, but most of them know not." 38. There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered. 39. Those who reject Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) are deaf and dumb in darkness. Allâh sends astray whom He wills and He guides on the Straight Path whom He wills.

Reason #2:

There is contradiction in Muhammed's teachings on morality and history when compared to previous revelations.

Deuteronomy 13:1-4, 1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Reason #3:

Islam cannot be from God because Muhammed frequently changed his revelations to suit circumstances. The classic example is Muhammed's teaching on drinking. When he was just beginning to teach, before he gained a significant following he said that it was alright to drink.

Reason #4:

Islam cannot be from God because its appeal is to man's lower nature rather than his higher nature. The Qur'an makes a large portion of its appeal to the fleshly appetites and sensibilities of man. Compare the Biblical appeal of heaven to the Quranic appeal of heaven.

Christianity:
Mark 12:24-25, 24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Islam:
Qur'an 37: 40. But the sincere (and devoted) Servants of Allah, 41. For them is a Sustenance Determined, 42. Fruits (Delights) and they (Shall enjoy) honor and dignity, 43. In Gardens of Felicity, 44. Facing each other On Thrones (of dignity): 45. Round will be passed To them a Cup From a clear flowing fountain, 46. Crystal white, of a taste Delicious to those Who drink (thereof), 47. Free from headiness; Nor will they suffer Intoxication there from. 48. And beside them will be Chaste women, restraining Their glances, with big eyes (Of wonder and beauty) 49. As if they were (Delicate) eggs closely guarded.

Reason #5:

Islam cannot be from God because its morality is inferior to the morality taught by the New Testament. In examining the contradictions between the Bible and the Qur'an, we encountered Jesus' teaching that we were to love and pray for our enemies while the Qur'an says to fight and kill your enemies. There is a tremendous gap in the standard of morality between the two standards. Which is more likely to be from God, the high standard of morality, or the low standard of morality?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Nezero(m): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2020
Thanks

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by MightySparrow: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
OP, your observation is very correct. The mode of worship introduced by Mohammed is alien to both Judaism and Christianity that hardly can you trace anything to abraham. The doctrines have no link with the confirmed. initially, Muslims used to face Jerusalem for prayer, a 'revelation' came and the direction, history, and doctrine were changed when Jews and Christians would not listen to him. Later, Mohammed claimed that Christianity and Judaism are pagan religions that are his divine duty and his followers to destroy. Abraham was a syrian, Ishmael was never recorded to have visited Mecca until about 4000 years later that angel 'Jubril' visited an 'unlettered' and 'uninformed' merchant turn prophet who knew 'nothing' about Judaism and Christianity changed every and all things. Haba!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
MightySparrow:
OP, your observation is very correct. The mode of worship introduced by Mohammed is alien to both Judaism and Christianity that hardly can you trace anything to abraham. The doctrines have no link with the confirmed. initially, Muslims used to face Jerusalem for prayer, a 'revelation' came and the direction, history, and doctrine were changed when Jews and Christians would not listen to him. Later, Mohammed claimed that Christianity and Judaism are pagan religions that are his divine duty and his followers to destroy. Abraham was a syrian, Ishmael was never recorded to have visited Mecca until about 4000 years later that angel 'Jubril' visited an 'unlettered' and 'uninformed' merchant turn prophet who knew 'nothing' about Judaism and Christianity changed every and all things. Haba!

1. Abraham was not Syrian but Hebrew. It is the Bible.
2. Ishmael with his Mum were placed in Wilderness of Paran. Google Paran, it will tell you it current name and location.
3. Yes the Muslim used to face Jerusalem until they were told to stop.
4. Muhammad never said Judaism and Christianity were pagan. Please bring your references. What he taught was that the Christians are LOST while the Jews have Divine WRATH on them.
5. As for the Mode of worship, please find out how Jesus prayed in the garden of Gethamane, how Isaiah prayed and read Psalm 95.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by MightySparrow: 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
Lukuluku69:

2. Ishmael with his Mum were placed in Wilderness of Paran. Google Paran, it will tell you it current name and location.
3. Yes the Muslim used to face Jerusalem until they were told to stop.
4. Muhammad never said Judaism and Christianity were pagan. Please bring your references. What he taught was that the Christians are LOST while the Jews have Divine WRATH on them.
5. As for the Mode of worship, please find out how Jesus prayed in the garden of Gethamane, how Isaiah prayed and read Psalm 95.

Another lies from a self acclaimed Bible scholar.
1. Read through Genesis and Deuteronomy, you will discover that Abraham came from Syria.
2. Tell me with historical facts where Paran is, though that doesn’t matter because the was no record of God dealing with Arabs millennials until Mohammed.
3. I don’t believe in Mohammed”s revelations because they truths that can not be verified or challenged No pwithout the thread of death. Truth remains unchanged whoever challenges it.
4. Allah commanded Muslims to fight Jews and Christians wherever they find them, this commission them agent of his WRATH. In the eyes of Muslims it is like the entire State of Israel be wiped off.
4. No prophet of the Bible laid down any posture for praying. If your prophet gave you one, it is absolutely Islamic and has no connection with Christianity or Judaism. These are lies of Islam

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by CodeTemplar: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
A dormant god.
In Islam, god tasks men who are clearly imperfect to handle vengeanvce, while Christianity encourages adherents to seek a perfect God for wrath.
The bible say "vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord"

Islam leaves u to fate, while Christianity allows you to influence the battle.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by WaterTheMonk(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Abraham was from Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia is a historical region of Western Asia situated within the Tigris–Euphrates river system, in the northern part of the Fertile Crescent, in modern days roughly corresponding to most of Iraq, Kuwait, the eastern parts of Syria Southeastern Turkey, and regions along the Turkish–Syrian and Iran–Iraq borders.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by WaterTheMonk(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2020
MightySparrow:

1. Read through Genesis and Deuteronomy, you will discover that Abraham came from Syria
you are not exactly totally right. Abraham came from Mesopotamia. It comprises of a large expanse of area covering countries in this modern day
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
According to the Bible, Abraham hailed from the Ur of Chaldees in Mesopotamia....
Ur Kaśdim , commonly translated as Ur of the Chaldeans, is a city mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as the birthplace of the Israelite and Ismaelite patriarch Abraham. In 1862, Henry Rawlinson identified Ur Kaśdim with Tell el-Muqayyar, near Nasiriyah in southern Iraq.[1] In 1927, Leonard Woolley excavated the site and identified it as a Sumerian archaeological site where the Chaldeans were to settle around the 9th century BCE.[2] Recent archaeology work has continued to focus on the location in Nasiriyah, where the ancient Ziggurat of Ur is located.[3][4][5][6][7][8]
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by MightySparrow: 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=WaterTheMonk post=92565261] you are not exactly totally right. Abraham came from Mesopotamia. It comprises of a large expanse of area covering countries in this modern day[

/Dt 26:5 And thou shalt speak and say before the Lord thy God, A Syrian[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] ready to perish was my father, and he went down into h Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous: 6 And the Egyptians evil entreated us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage: 7 And when we cried unto the Lord God of our fathers, the Lord heard our voice, and looked on our affliction, and our labour, and our oppression:

Aram referred to as Syria & Mesopotamia. Aram, also known as Aramea, is the homeland of the Arameans and a region mentioned in the Bible in present-day Syria, including where the city of Aleppo now stands.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Aram
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by MightySparrow: 9:13am On Aug 08, 2020
Did Abraham or Ishmael ever lived in saudi arabia? Did they build ka'aba together? That seems not a fact of history.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 11:29am On Aug 08, 2020
WaterTheMonk:

Abraham was from Mesopotamia. Mesopotamia is a historical region of Western Asia situated within the Tigris–Euphrates river system, in the northern part of the Fertile Crescent, in modern days roughly corresponding to most of Iraq, Kuwait, the eastern parts of Syria Southeastern Turkey, and regions along the Turkish–Syrian and Iran–Iraq borders.

Thanks for the Geography Lesson but the Bible clearly call Abraham HEBREW. So, I guess the Holy Spirit did not get it right then or Men changed that part?

Abraham was from Ur in Chaldea which is in Mesopotamia. Any from accross the River Eber is referred to as Hebrew.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2020
MightySparrow:
Another lies from a self acclaimed Bible scholar.
1. Read through Genesis and Deuteronomy, you will discover that Abraham came from Syria.
2. Tell me with historical facts where Paran is, though that doesn’t matter because the was no record of God dealing with Arabs millennials until Mohammed.
3. I don’t believe in Mohammed”s revelations because they truths that can not be verified or challenged No pwithout the thread of death. Truth remains unchanged whoever challenges it.
4. Allah commanded Muslims to fight Jews and Christians wherever they find them, this commission them agent of his WRATH. In the eyes of Muslims it is like the entire State of Israel be wiped off.
4. No prophet of the Bible laid down any posture for praying. If your prophet gave you one, it is absolutely Islamic and has no connection with Christianity or Judaism. These are lies of Islam

I thought you agreed that we can reason it out. I am no Bible Scholar I only say the little I know of it.

It is okay if you don't believe in Islam what is wrong is to peddle lies around.

As for Paran, try Wiki and if God did not deal it the Arabs before Muhammad, that's God perogative not mine.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by MightySparrow: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2020
Lukuluku69:

I thought you agreed that we can reason it out. I am no Bible Scholar I only say the little I know of it.

It is okay if you don't believe in Islam what is wrong is to peddle lies around.

As for Paran, try Wiki and if God did not deal it the Arabs before Muhammad, that's God perogative not mine.
Just go through Genesis and see the detailed spread of nations and peoples, a reference in historical research and science. How can an incomplete, not detailed revelation condemn ( Qur'an has not really condemned) but adherents that shifting goal post. See my post above and wiki link.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Thanks for the Geography Lesson but the Bible clearly call Abraham HEBREW. So, I guess the Holy Spirit did not get it right then or Men changed that part?

Abraham was from Ur in Chaldea which is in Mesopotamia. Any from accross the River Eber is referred to as Hebrew.
The Bible called Him Hebrew?

He was the "father" of the Hebrews and yes, when He moved to HEBRon and settled there, He became one, but the Bible is clear as far as where Abraham came from. Abraham migrated originally from the land of Ur of the Chaldees
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by delkuf(m): 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Did the people of Hebrew exist before Abraham or Abraham exist before the people of hebrew
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
Did the people of Hebrew exist before Abraham or Abraham exist before the people of hebrew

Oga, anyone from accross River Eber is called Hebrew according to the usage of the time.

Please read Genesis 14:13. Abram(ham) was called Hebrew. Abi Holy Spirit no know Geography ni?
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by delkuf(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Oga, anyone from accross River Eber is called Hebrew according to the usage of the time.

Please read Genesis 14:13. Abram(ham) was called Hebrew. Abi Holy Spirit no know Geography ni?
Am not arguing that
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
Am not arguing that

Abraham named one of his son ISHMAELLAH which in Hebrew tongue means "GOD HEARD". Now, let me ask you, do Igbo name thier children Yoruba name because they reside in Yorubaland? You maintain your identity even in foreign land.
Hebrew Language and people became dominant in Israel because of what the Israelites did to the Cananites, the jebusites and others. That was why they became dominant.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Bible called Him Hebrew?

He was the "father" of the Hebrews and yes, when He moved to HEBRon and settled there, He became one, but the Bible is clear as far as where Abraham came from. Abraham migrated originally from the land of Ur of the Chaldees

Yes, the Bible call him Hebrew. Please read Genesis 14:13.

The same Bible call him a stranger in the Land he moved to from Ur.

That Hebrew became dominant(in Israel) was as a result of Israelite conquest.

According to the usage of the time, anyone from accross River Eber is Hebrew.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Yes, the Bible call him Hebrew. Please read Genesis 14:13.

The same Bible call him a stranger in the Land he moved to from Ur.

That Hebrew became dominant(in Israel) was as a result of Israelite conquest.

According to the usage of the time, anyone from accross River Eber is Hebrew.
If you read the chapter before 14, it would tell you that He indeed moved to the area of Hebron prior to genesis 14. But His homeland, the land where His journey started was Ur of Chaldees in Babylonia, Genesis 11.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Lukuluku69(m): 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
If you read the chapter before 14, it would tell you that He indeed moved to the area of Hebron prior to genesis 14. But His homeland, the land where His journey started was Ur of Chaldees in Babylonia, Genesis 11.

Sir, Genesis has some issues as regards chronology. He was called Hebrew in Genesis 14:13. If you are suggesting that Hebrew comes from Hebron, you are wrong Sir!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eber-Nari

Please find time to read thru that Wiki submission.
Re: 5 Reasons Islam Is Not From The God Of Abraham by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Hm..
Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Joel Osteen Sermon – When God Seems Too Late / Was JESUS Ok With Gluttony And Excess Drinking? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Announces Birth Of His Grandchild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.