Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Nigeria Is Missing. ( Personal Opinion ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigeria Is Missing. ( Personal Opinion ) (161 Views)

Obasanjo’s Wish On Obi Is Personal Opinion Not Of The Majority - PDP / Tinubu: It’s Your Personal Opinion, NWC Member Fires Back At Adamu / Father Mbaka Is Missing: Ohanaeze Raises Alarm, Gives FG 48 Hours To Produce Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Nigeria Is Missing. ( Personal Opinion ) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
Sorry in advance, it's a long read.

Are we our problems?

The government?

Who is the government?

The media?

The media, who are those people feeding us with craps just to distract us from social consciousness? The media?

Religion?

What divided us?
I believe my first identity is my humanity and from where I hail. Religion is secondary.

Seems that thing affecting Nigeria is in Nigerians blood. We shine more than peers outside too, but Fantastically corrupt inside.

Can we admit that.. Nigeria truly wants change but Nigerians are not ready to do the right thing.

I feel most Nigerians who gets opportunities to rule are easily intimidated. They turn to doing same bad thing the past did, if not better.
Is it because the people are not willing to give true change they ask for?

You must be rich to get elected in Nigeria. Media, Godfathers, opportunist communities demanding something before they do the right thing for the future The end of investment is endless. Who are those collecting.
Can a poor man build a foundation wey dey do giveaway? angry

Government positions are now business ventures, really think about it. It's not a bad idea to show love to your people, is it?

How do you convince a Nigerian business man to forgo all his investments, just for the love of his community. How?

Not that corruption isn't in other more advanced climes, but they are intelligently corrupt, we are Fantastically corrupt.

Imagine someone taking advantage of a position in a legal way. How will you fight such, he's legal.

It is legal to be awarded a contract, it is legal to be entitled to a government scholarship.
It is everyone's right to accept legal gifts. It is legal to make friends and accept gift from friends.

Nigeria is better integrated together, you will understand if you also envy the likes of USA, UK, China. Our quick growth relies on our integration.
See E get why plenty hands dey carry load for head faster.

My Personal Opinions
1. Our country is not SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS to move forward

2. We pay more attention to what doesn't matter than what does. Media is dictating the societal behaviors towards different consciousness.

Nigerians easily move on from national issues as soon as Media feeds another ephemeral.
Max things no dey boil pass 2weeks, immediately another pops everybody jumps away. Where is our societal social consciousness? undecided

Looking at the society itself, once some paparazzi starts, everybody rushes in.

Take for example business, if you grow something different, ideas or innovative.... apart for it been copied and bastardised. Even your own kinsmen will condemn it.

IT IS IN NIGERIANS BLOOD.

What happens call center business, see the skits, Facebook TV and likes as ridiculous it looks now.

It is still same side of coin that makes us Flourish away from home.

Na my personal opinion cool
Re: What Nigeria Is Missing. ( Personal Opinion ) by Minsk24: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2020
The media ish is very worrisome. Its as if we are controlled by remote.... One thing I'm sure is that we never reach tipping point yet. We need something to spark everyone into action.. Still waiting for that trigger that will plunge Nigerians into the streets to demand for change

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

‘Tread Carefully In Disbursing $114.28m Credit for Nigeria' - SERAP / When We Shall Rise And Become D Great Nigeria / Yahoo Boys Have Become Role Models Of Nigerian Youths Says Diezani Madueke -Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.