Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian (418 Views)

Yul Edochie Chilling With His Northern Nigerian Fans In Abuja (Video) / Picture Of Late. Fela Performing On Stage With Burna Boy's Mum / Nigerians Hail Late Fela Kuti As Emmanuel Macron Visits Afrika Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian by okrote4real: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
Lifted from the wall of Tahir Musawa ;

Late Fela's View on Northern Nigerian

INTERVIEWER: Fela, you are a southern Nigerian but you recently presented a special gift to specially thank Inspector General of Police M D Yesufu, who is a northern Nigerian prince. This raised eyebrows in some quarters especially due to the fact that many southern Nigerians avoid northern Nigerians. What's your take on this?

FELA: I don't care about any raised eyebrows, I care only about the person that saved my life and my career. During Gowon's regime, a certain policeman known as Sunday Adewusi made life unbearable for me. He promised me that I will never rest, and he made sure I never had rest because I was always arrested, beaten up, and charged to court almost on weekly basis on the orders of Sunday Adewusi. Now tell me, is Sunday Adewusi a northern Nigerian?

Let it be known that when Murtala came to power and made M D Yesufu the inspector general, my house was never raided, not even once. I have evidence of people going to meet M D Yesufu to raid my house and get me jailed but he always replied them that "...Fela is not a criminal..."Why do you think Obasanjo sent soldiers to burn down my house? It was because M D Yesufu refused to obey his orders to send policemen he controlled to do such an illegal thing. So is Obasanjo a northern Nigerian, and Murtala and M D Yesufu, are they southern Nigerians? Even when Abiola owed me money, and I occupied his Decca building to force him to pay me my money, it was the same M D Yesufu that settled the matter. Instead of paying me my money, Abiola went to court to get a court order mandating police to arrest me and detain me but M D Yesufu refused to obey court order to arrest me but instead spoke to me like a brother. So, tell me, was Abiola a northern Nigerian, or was M D Yesufu a southern Nigerian? Even when I sued Obasanjo to court for burning down my house, was Justice Dosunmu that threw out my case from court a northern Nigerian? Even Tunji Braithwaite that was my lawyer at that time, didn't he bungle my case from the beginning, using me to get popular in Lagos? Was Tunji Braithwaite a northern Nigerian? *I will never join anybody in believing that everything from southern Nigeria is good, and everything from northern Nigeria is bad. I've been helped by many southern Nigerians, and I've been victimised by so many southern Nigerians - Sunday Adewusi, Obasanjo, Abiola, Tunji Braithwaite, you name it. M D Yesufu was good to me, even though he is a northern Nigerian, so why won't I go to his official residence to present him the gift?

-Extracted from the book titled _Fela: This Bitch of a Life_ by Carlos Moore, PhD

#ArewaPeople

Re: Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian by Taich(m): 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2020
Not every black man is my brother, not every white man is my enemy.

1 Like

Re: Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian by dangermouse(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
Wisdom!. Nigerians are still suffering and smilling ever since u left this world. The difference is that the suffer has increased kpakparakpa!
Re: Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian by illicit(m): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
One man's food is another mans poison
Re: Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian by SAMBARRY: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
Smh

Everything Fela sang about and Said is what is repeating itself in our very eyes

Nigerians never changed.the previous generation presently in their late 50s,60s and 70s were as equally wicked if not more wicked than this new generation.the only difference is that media captures and exaggerates our own more

We kill,harass and victimise people saying the truth and demand better nigeria

If you want to die Early or be declared an enemy to the state, you just say the truth

This reminds me of sowore.i wonder how sowore is a threat to the peace of nigeria but herdsmen and bokoharam aren't
Re: Late Fela's View On Northern Nigerian by philiancoop(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
Felly Bobo

(1) (Reply)

Keke Riders Celebration Over Task Force Sack Ongoing In Port Harcourt / Bbnajia: Erica Mum Blasts Laycon's Fan Begging For Vote(audio) / Bbnaija: ‘erica May End Up With Kiddwaya’s Father’ – Filmmaker, Ayo Shonaiya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.