Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear (1288 Views)

Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race / Old Igbo Men And Black Half Shimi / How Many Of You Igbo Men Still Wear Wrapper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
please, is it ever permissible for a man from the part of Nigeria where men tie wrappers to wear a half-shimi underneath his wrapper that is not too decorative?l or is it too girlish
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
ewa26:
please, is it ever permissible for a man from the part of Nigeria where men tie wrappers to wear a half-shimi underneath his wrapper that is not too decorative?l or is it too girlish

Niger delta and Igbo are two different things...u go school so?

Igbo is an ethnic group...

Niger delta is a political creation having Igbo states also in it..

What's your educational qualification?

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 11:23am On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Niger delta and Igbo are two different things...u go school so?

Igbo is an ethnic group...

Niger delta is a political creation having Igbo states also in it..

What's your educational qualification?

I didn’t say they were the same, just pointing out what ethnic groups wear men’s wrappers and that Igbo and Niger delta men alike do it

so pls answer the question

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
ewa26:

I didn’t say they were the same, just pointing out what ethnic groups wear men’s wrappers and[b] that Igbo and Niger delta men alike do it[/b]

and he is still making same mistake?

are you okay?

I have always argued here all time that half education is highly dangerous to the society....and killing the country called Nigeria deeply

what do u mean by Niger delta men?

if you want to compare igbos as ethnic group then use another ethnic group to do so...that's how sound logic looks like..

Niger delta is a political creation of 9 states comprising of both igbos, ijaws, efiks, Ibibios etc many ethnicities saddled with the responsiblity of overseeing the affairs of these states.

pls adopt sound logic and your question will be answered soundly.
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
ewa26:

I didn’t say they were the same, just pointing out what ethnic groups wear men’s wrappers and that Igbo and Niger delta men alike do it

finally better to say that you noticed maybe igbo and your own ethnic group which I don't know....wears similar attire than using a political creation of 2000 to quantify igbos (ndigbo).
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

and he is still making same mistake?

are you okay?

I have always argued here all time that half education is highly dangerous to the society....and killing the country called Nigeria deeply

what do u mean by Niger delta men?

if you want to compare igbos as ethnic group then use another ethnic group to do so...that's how sound logic looks like..

Niger delta is a political creation of 9 states comprising of both igbos, ijaws, efiks, Ibibios etc many ethnicities saddled with the responsiblity of overseeing the affairs of these states.

pls adopt sound logic and your question will be answered soundly.

but the thing is men from all Niger Delta groups wear wrappers so it’s not the worst thing in the world to lump them in as one conglomerate mass

but for the sake of you I’ll rephrase as follows: is it okay for Ijaw, Ibibio, Urhobo, Itsekiri and Igbo men (and in fact any other ethnic group in Nigeria where the men tie wrappers) to wear a plain black or white half-shimi underneath?
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
ewa26:

but the thing is men from all Niger Delta groups wear wrappers so it’s not the worst thing in the world to lump them in as one conglomerate mass

but for the sake of you I’ll rephrase as follows: is it okay for Ijaw, Ibibio, Urhobo, Itsekiri and Igbo men (and in fact any other ethnic group in Nigeria where the men tie wrappers) to wear a plain black or white half-shimi underneath?

by half-shimi....u mean what?

or you mean wrapper tied around the waist because black up and white down is a bad combination unless suit..

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

by half-shimi....u mean what?

or you mean wrapper tied around the waist because black up and white down is a bad combination unless suit..

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
ewa26:

Lol
guy wrapper is far more better than this blouse...
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lol

guy wrapper is far more better than this blouse...

this is underwear
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
you wear it as underwear underneath the wrapper
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
ewa26:

this is underwear

if at that Igbos is more of wrapper tied round the waist..
I don't know for others....the undrwear having a knot makes it non feasible

not okay by me

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

if at that Igbos is more of wrapper tied round the waist..

I don't know for others....the undrwear having a knot makes it non feasible

not okay by me

not sure you know the meaning of underwear. This is something designed to be worn underneath the wrapper, not as outwear or as a substitute for the wrapper
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
ewa26:

not sure you know the meaning of underwear. This is something designed to be worn underneath the wrapper, not as outwear or as a substitute for the wrapper

if at that what u shown me isn't an underwear but blouse.

in that case, why should a man wear an underwear...it left left for women so ka fa si ebe ahu na ekulu ume ( so that they can be taking breeze from there)
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

if at that what u shown me isn't an underwear but blouse.

in that case, why should a man wear an underwear...it left left for women so ka fa si ebe ahu na ekulu ume ( so that they can be taking breeze from there)

it’s underwear not a blouse. it hangs from the waist
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by Probz(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
If the wrapper’s masculine then so’s the non-bifurcated underwear worn underneath it. It’s no big deal so long as you know how to tie a wrapper properly.
Re: Niger Delta/igbo Men And Wrapper Underwear by ewa26: 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2020
Probz:
If the wrapper’s masculine then so’s the non-bifurcated underwear worn underneath it. It’s no big deal so long as you know how to tie a wrapper properly.

ok oo

(1) (Reply)

Shin Wannan Gaskiya Ne Ko Yaya??? / Renovation Of Dilapidated Secondary School At Ilupeju / History Of The Ajikobi Stool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.