Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! (26859 Views)

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) / Solution For HP 620 Laptop Computer Suddenly Goes Off When It Charge 96% .... / 5 Reasons Why You Must Backup Your Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by RosyIsBlessed: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Thanks for the tips
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
yetunsbay:
Whenever I ON the system this is what it brings out followed by cursor hang.

What can be done pls ?

try formatting it, by changing the operating system, u can still keep ur old file
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by SoliBayNG: 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
chukzyfcbb:

that puts you in the group of people I addressed as "few"

Not few many people still use desktops. Especially companies, that's à factor why Lenovo is the largest distributor in the world.
According to Statista, 261.24 million pieces of desktop were sold in 2019. Fewer than notebooks, yes... But does that look small to you?
Besides, it's a public forum, might not meet your need, but even if it's meeting the need of one person, it's a win.

Besides, I see this being very informative and way better than a lot of posts I see on the homepage.
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
omoadeleye:
My own PC power button just stopped working now i can't switch it on again

go and see a computer technician they will help u out
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
RealEzee:
OP mine Sha is laptop tho, it's blank when u switch it on, it will show loading but it doesn't boot past that phase at all, any tips for that? It's a Dell Latitude 3580.

bro try and change ur ram with d compatible one
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Silentgroper(m): 4:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
it's strange why this topic is on front page.

Not everybody is tech savvy to open his desktop, besides very few people own desktops in their homes.

Moderator, if you must post tech tips post something everyone can relate to, like risk of using open wifi
.. Shut up. This is proposed to be basic knowledge. Just say you dont have computer at home and let us rest
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
ok
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Silentgroper(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Op i use an inspiron 15, dell product. First of, it started with it showing me is outdated that i should install a new one. I neglected and it got worse by some of the keyboard not responding, not all of it but mostly the f1 f2 keys, the capslock indicator doesnt on light, it lags and doesnt move away from the place am suppose to input my password.

what do i do about it please.

1 Like

Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
RealEzee:
OP mine Sha is laptop tho, it's blank when u switch it on, it will show loading but it doesn't boot past that phase at all, any tips for that? It's a Dell Latitude 3580.

bro try changing ur ram if d problem persist check ur hard drive it might av been shaking from d hard drive slot
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by RealEzee(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
YOUNGHAJJI:

bro try changing ur ram if d problem persist check ur hard drive it might av been shaking from d hard drive slot
ok I will try that, thanks a billion
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by enoch273: 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Wow! Thanks OP for sharing these DIY nuggets. Just like the solid nuggets shared by tunji in FCMBtop5in5 series. One important lesson I picked from it was: “If you master the art of delegation, then you have mastered the art of success”.

https://on.fcmb.com/Top5-7
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by yetunsbay(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
YOUNGHAJJI:

try formatting it, by changing the operating system, u can still keep ur old file
thks bro
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Deehsar(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
What if it a laptop?, because my laptop stop displaying
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
Silentgroper:
Op i use an inspiron 15, dell product. First of, it started with it showing me is outdated that i should install a new one. I neglected and it got worse by some of the keyboard not responding, not all of it but mostly the f1 f2 keys, the capslock indicator doesnt on light, it lags and doesnt move away from the place am suppose to input my password.

what do i do about it please.

is it d operating system that is outdated?
which O.S are u using?
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
Deehsar:

is it Amd or Intel processor?

Press the caps lock may b d indicator light display or not?
are u sure the flex cable from d screen that is connected to d motherboard slot is well attached ?

if u av a monitor try connecting u laptop to d monitor wit d use of VGA cable?

need ur feedback
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Silentgroper(m): 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
YOUNGHAJJI:

is it d operating system that is outdated?
which O.S are u using?
. It came with windows 8 .cousin had it switched into windows 7, cause he couldnt run his autocad bullshiit on the former.

so it has been on 7 till it became oudated and develop those fault
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Silentgroper:
. It came with windows 8 .cousin had it switched into windows 7, cause he couldnt run his autocad bullshiit on the former.

so it has been on 7 till it became oudated and develop those fault

try and update d windows and drive ur system because of some of ur keyboard that is not working again
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by femmyapson(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
josephfrancis505:
A friend of mine had a similar problem, anyway thanks for the tips.

If you want article of about 1k-2k words for your blog at cheaper rate kindly DM me. two days delivery
noted
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Silentgroper(m): 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
YOUNGHAJJI:

try and update d windows and drive ur system because of some of ur keyboard that is not working again
. The drive is the same as operating system right?
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by YOUNGHAJJI(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
Silentgroper:
. The drive is the same as operating system right?

no sir, they are different
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Victory2222: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
Danielfx:
Stop using Microsoft Office, use Microsoft kiosk, that way you will minimise your office expenditure
I doubt if u have sense
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
Thanks for the information. We often push the entrepreneur vs 9-5 narrative as though it has to be one OR the other, when it can be BOTH. FCMB Top 5-in-5 series shares tips on how to run a business, be it full time or as side hustle. http://fcmb.com/top5
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Silentgroper(m): 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
YOUNGHAJJI:

no sir, they are different
.if i update the o.s, would the drive update automatically?
If not, how do i update the drive?
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by earnit3: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
U gon froze your gpu if you try that strictly for engineers
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Benalfa(m): 12:14am On Aug 09, 2020
Baba pls I want to Know the disadvantages of driving,I Kno the benefits include more brighter and better display,
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by TheCork(m): 3:30am On Aug 09, 2020
Titugirl:

Why don't you create a topic on that?

I have 3 brand knew expensive computer & I drive BMW (only £35,000 cash). Please can I kiss u please? cheesy
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by Titugirl(f): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
TheCork:

I have 3 brand knew expensive computer & I drive BMW (only £35,000 cash). Please can I kiss u please? cheesy
TheCork or is it The Cock...plz keep your "knew"computers and your BMW...I'm not interested
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by TheCork(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
Titugirl:

TheCork or is it The Cock...plz keep your "knew"computers and your BMW...I'm not interested

angry
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by TheCork(m): 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
Titugirl:

Tutugirl I will buy u brand knew computer lab top I own 7 expensive ones. Darling no chick reject me, ever. Stop acting like u all dat. U ain't beyangsi, so chill out. Anyways I love u & am ready to now pay u 700 naira cash so u can be my girlfriends for 2 month. And guess wit, I drive brand knew bmw, green. What's your nomba please & do u have nyansh please? grin
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by smith2bj(m): 7:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Pls i need help on how to fix my HP 620 computer. the problem is it will suddenly goes off when battery charge up to 96% and when i boot the computer will goes off like 3 to 4 time before it filling turn on. The battery can last for one hour plus
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by RosyIsBlessed: 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
SendomC:
How To Fix Desktop Computer’s Display Problems!

This Tutorial was made after we got a query from a troubled computer user whose desktop computer suddenly stopped displaying information on the Monitor. Quoting The Troubled User, his query goes as thus; “Good Day Sendom Computers, please I’m seriously having an issue with my Desktop Computer, the monitor is not displaying anything and CPU is showing even showing a steady Orange Light… Please HELP ME!! Thanks.”

Queries Related To This Tutorial:
How can I fix my Desktop Computer’s Display?
How Can I Fix my Desktop Computer’s Display Problem
My Desktop Computer is On but Doesn’t Display Anything on the Monitor
Why is my Monitor Not Displaying anything?

A Computer in a good working condition is meant to be displaying a steady Green Light (or even Blue light, depending on the type of Computer in question) which is an indication that both the memory and all CPU components are Okay and good to go. In a situation whereby your Desktop Computer’s LED Indicator is displaying a Blinking Red-light and making a beeping sound, that means there’s a problem with one or more of your Computer’s Component which requires your (or your engineer’s) attention…. But our Goal at Sendom Computers is to train you to become your own computer Engineer and repair your computer by yourself, so, be attentive.

NOTE:[/b]Sometimes, your CPU may display a steady Green-light and the monitor might still not display nor pick up any information from the CPU which could be connected to Display issues. This depends on the type of Computer in question.

[b]Being Sure Of The Issue!

First, to determine if your computer is having a display issue, you have to press either the CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK, or the SCROLL LOCK and if any of the Tab displays a bright light on the Indicator that’s on the Tabs, then your computer display is okay and your issue might be related to either the VGA Cable being faulty or the Monitor itself might be having an issue. That means your computer doesn’t have a Display Problem. But, if the CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK AND SCROLL LOCK don’t display a bright light on the small indicator that’s on the three Tabs, then your computer is really having a Display Problem and Needs to be fixed…. Read The Fix Below.

RAM
Sometimes, the display issue is caused by a faulty/bad RAM, so changing the RAM and replacing it with a working compatible one can fix your Computer display issue and get your computer displaying correctly again.

Watch The Video Below To Learn How To Change Your RAM Yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KOB1nKTYS4

POWER-PACK

Oftentimes, a Damaged Power-Pack can cause a computer Display problem making your monitor unable to display information passed through the computer. So, replacing your Power-Pack can be a fix to the issue. Visit a Computer Repair office like ours and order for a Compatible Power-pack, which you’ll then replace your faulty Power-Pack with and get your Monitor displaying again.

Watch The Video Below To Learn How To Change Your Computer’s Power-pack[/b]Yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8QlZ3fJkM

[b]NOTE:
If your computer’s Power-pack is faulty, then the processor won’t heat or even heat enough to enable the computer to display information on the Monitor, depending on the type of Computer.

If your monitor doesn’t display information from the Computer on the screen even after Changing your Computer’s RAM and Power-Pack, then there might be other issues. Send in your Queries and Contact US to Help you Troubleshoot and Fix your Desktop Computer’s Display.

This Tutorial is a Copyright of Sendom Computers.

Source: https://www.sendomc.com/how-to-fix-desktop-computers-display-problems/

I had the black out on my laptop then sent it to an engineer and he said it's the power. What in the world does it mean?
Re: Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! by udy4real(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
Deehsar:
Please the same thing happened to my laptop,when you power it on,it just blinks the lights and don't power,Please what could be the cause?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / Identify Fake Profiles On Facebook Using Google Image Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.