Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) (49291 Views)

Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (week 7) / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (week 6) / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 5) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by tmcleo2k2(m): 10:09am On Aug 08, 2020
ok

3 Likes

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by ayenale1(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2020
With what i saw on 3rd mainland bridge, they have completely destroy that bridge...its a sorry case...only time will tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by droidview: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2020
That is maintenance culture.

Meanwhile, with just 3k, I can teach you how to design ecommerce website this August.This is a promo.You can start today.

Check my signature for whatsapp number.

https://www.nairaland.com/6039328/read-tell-me-what-think
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by neuralct(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2020
Speechless.
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by UDUJ(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2020
onegig:
No Safety boots. Wearing all stars ?

Working on a construction site with heavy equipment and no safety boot is a no no.

Also are they just fixing expansion joints alone

Glad you noticed that as well. No safety hand gloves, no safety boots etc - too many things wrong in this country. I just tire undecided

3 Likes

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by SaintLucia: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2020
I missed those plantain chips and galla hawkers grin

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by jericco1(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2020
Thank God I don leave lag. That place no be am angry
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Reference(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
You can see the briefcase construction company they gave such an important job to do

Borini Prono is not a briefcase construction company. They have been in Nigeria since the mid 70's and since the Abacha PTF era have been alloted Lagos state as their catchment area for Federal B Grade Works. They know that bridge and all the aporoaches, adjoining linkages all the way from Mile 2/Apapa/Oshodi like the back of their palms.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by GamalNasser: 10:14am On Aug 08, 2020
Cutealexio:
Instead of Chinese company?

Instead of Julius Berger

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Coder2Client(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2020
nairavsdollars:
They should be fast about it. Six months is damn too long

Do you ply that road everyday?
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by friday2011(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2020
Shellsploit:
... and i thought they want to rebuild the entire bridge from scratch

grin grin

Una no go wound person with laff for nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by salbis(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
You can see the briefcase construction company they gave such an important job to do
grin
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by humilitypays(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
Nigerian and black African leaders are all mad and wicked!

3rd Mainland Bridge is tired, weak and due for artificial collapse, what a honorable government ought to do is to construct alternative bridge and destroy this death trap of a bridge and erect an entirely new Bridge.

The life span of a bridge is 50 years on a normal usage, but this is Nigeria, don't wait till it is 50 years old before it swallows innocent people's lives and assets crossing the bridge.

Also, River Niger bridge between Asaba and Onitsha ought to have been collapsed by government so many years ago.

Until it collapses and kill people, devilish Nigerian government controlled by northern Muslim cultists won't bath an eyelid angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by CrazeMan69(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
I book space only to realize say nothing concern me...
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Shellsploit: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
friday2011:

grin grin

Una no go wound person with laff for nairaland.

grin
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by UDUJ(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
Reference:

Borini Prono is not a briefcase construction company. They have been in Nigeria since the mid 70's and since the Abacha PTF era have been alloted Lagos state as their catchment area for Federal B Grade Works. They know that bridge and all the aporoaches, adjoining linkages all the way from Mile 2/Apapa/Oshodi like the back of their palms.

Same company that had financial issues and was almost taken over by UBA. Just see the kind of workers they are using for such a serious job working without protective gears.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Saig: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
You people always looking down on your own. why are we having engineering students in this country??
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by friday2011(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:

Glad you noticed that as well. No safety hand gloves, no safety boots etc - too many things wrong in this country. I just tire undecided

You guys will always make my day grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by onegig(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:

We have zero safety standards.

Honestly these are basic things that are standard procedures and I don't know why we believe we can always cut corners around such.

You would see people climbing high rise building without harness. Maybe because there aren't claims or lawsuits for injuries at work.

Maybe if these companies have paid out Billions in fines for work place safety incidents they would take a 10k safety boot much more importantly.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by SouthWestBlood(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2020
Latidoh1:
Why not give maintenance to Julius Berger that constructed the bridge?

Because there wouldn't be kickbacks from inflation.

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by GamalNasser: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2020
Saig:

You people always looking down on your own. why are we having engineering students in this country??

Nonsense that company doesn't have the experience to carry out a good job trust me ..

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by GamalNasser: 10:24am On Aug 08, 2020
Reference:

Oh is that Borini Prono? How come they are using stickers on rented trucks...I heard Borini actually built part of the original bridge
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Abiflexy01(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2020
onegig:
No Safety boots. Wearing All Stars on a construction site ?

Working on a construction site with heavy equipment and no safety boot is a big no no no. Borino Popo is too big for this shit show.

Except they outsourced this part to external companies andthose aren't their employees.

Also are they just fixing expansion joints alone? And that would take six months? Like I thought they were fixing the Pillars themselves and reinforcing it.
The safety boot was actually my first observation you get eye
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by nizzyong(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2020
They should make it fast.

To get agro commodity price every week from the African largest international grain market in Kano, Business news, business promotion and advertisement, Traders connect etc

Send hi on WhatsApp to:
https:///message/BSQSR2KZ65BBB1
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Reference(m): 10:28am On Aug 08, 2020
tmcleo2k2:
Engrs, please educate me.
The last 2 or so closure of the 3rd mmb has been for repairs works on the expansion joints...please na so the joints de quick pafuka ni or there is big challenge somewhere they are not telling us about.

Yes sir, bridges are built in sections around a specific cluster of piers. It is not uncommon for some of these clusters to settle/subside unevenly over time leading to a misalignment of various sections.

The expansion joints are meant not only to bridge the gap between sections but to compensate for the misalignment to make for a smooth ride. Unfortunately this has elastic limits and after a while the joints fail. The faster the misalignment the sooner the joints will fail.

It is obvious the pile clusters buried deep into the lagoon are yielding bit by bit. Maintenance going forward is bound to be more frequent as the bridge ages viz increased traffic.

The bridge presently is like asking a 45 year old man to give you 60 pushups in a minute. He will need a few more breaks.

5 Likes

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by fidet1(m): 10:29am On Aug 08, 2020
Artiiclebeast:

Julius Berger Tinubu construction company of course.

They've been in the construction business since the inception of Nigeria.

Tinubu does not own JB and JB isn’t the firm working on this. That’s BP

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Faithful007: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2020
In developed countries, expansion joints are fixed at night. Even alongside traffic.

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Sososo(f): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2020
Sanwo olu is working
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by Originalsly: 10:37am On Aug 08, 2020
Hmmm.....was never good at math and estimation.... just curious.... if a construction company takes 6 months to replace 14 expansion joints on bridge ..... how long will it take to construct the bridge?

Looking at the pix.... forget safety... one air compressor machine.... I guess to power the jackhammer.... but the guy using the feed to clear debris. Now we know why it will take 6 months.... minimum.
Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by tfash96(m): 10:46am On Aug 08, 2020
dimexy247:
undecided

But e pain me as Juventus bowed out from champions league embarassed
Definitely because of Rapenaldo

I laugh in Davido

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by oluwasegun007(m): 10:48am On Aug 08, 2020
What if they wanna rebuild...

It will take 6 years.

1 Like

Re: Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures) by uuzba(m): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2020
GamalNasser:
You people think it's easy to form construction company?
You go and buy all the high tech tools and keep in your storage abi? And you staff will not steal the tools? in these hard times?
Just encourage them.
The fact that Westerners or Chinese can do a better job does not mean you will sell your country to them to do the better job.
They will kukuma kick you out of your own country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... / Udom Emmanuel Links Akwa Ibom With Abia Through Long Abandoned Road / Boat Accident At Okrika Kalio Rivers, 16 Persons Rescued Alive (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.