Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

What Really Is The Rapture? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Is The Rapture? (9889 Views)

After The Rapture : A Letter To Those Left Behind / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by MemoriesAndMe: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
I am still trying to comprehend the possibilities of a flesh and blood flying into heaven to live with spirits.
Same here, I still don't understand how one loud trumpet will alert everyone in every corner of the earth, when social media technologies like Twitter and Facebook spreads the message faster. I havent heard of any trumpet blown in China and can be heard in Mali when we all know sound travels slower than other means like light.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by chibjohn(m): 11:15am On Aug 09, 2020
dazzlingd:

All eyes to see a man coming from the sky is a flat earth theory..

It is morning here in nigeria, afternoon in some other parts and mid nights..

Please how do u expect all eyes to see a man coming from the sky when all eyes cant see the sun whose size is 100 times that of the whole of earth, at the same time..

You people should wake up! It is a shame to be this dumb
We are talking about religion here and not science. Religion and science do not agree in most cases. I have no reply for you. I clarified Christ coming as written in the Bible.
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Galactico4ever(m): 11:15am On Aug 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
I am still trying to comprehend the possibilities of a flesh and blood flying into heaven to live with spirits.
Wisdom shall never depart from you.
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by realmindz: 11:17am On Aug 09, 2020
TheOnlyUyai:

Our earthly flesh shall be dropped and we will adopt a new imperishable body. You cannot fathom this. The ways of God isn't like man.

You obviously have full understanding of this, please can you explain how we put on new impersihable body to fly into the sky.
Willing to learn
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by realmindz: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2020
OneKinGuy:
If you ever feel stupid, remember some people are waiting for this to happen grin

If this ever happens, believe me, aliens are here
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by paxonel(m): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

2Peter 3:3-4
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
if you had truly read the whole of your bible and draw a conclusion you will understand that this scripture is trying to point to you that Christ has been coming since the fathers of that time this scripture was documented fell sleep(meaning, they died at old age)

I have been telling you that anytime anyone dies Christ has come to judge that person, therefore Christ has been coming since 2000 years ago and he is still coming till today, everyday and forever.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

What you cannot think to understand you can't understand, that's why will continue to come to nairaland to spill your confusion grin

Calm Down! Humble yourself and Accept Jesus Christ.
your telling me i should accept Christ is the product of that your confusion which you can't understand simple scriptures because I have accepted Christ already.

If you Miss Heaven.... you Can't Miss Hell!
that was suppose to be told to Muslims, atheists, idolists, Buddhists, etc. Otherwise, there is a huge fault in the Christianity you practice, Christ is not divided.
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by dazzlingd(m): 11:22am On Aug 09, 2020
chibjohn:

We are talking about religion here and not science. Religion and science do not agree in most cases. I have no reply for you. I clarified Christ coming as written in the Bible.

Don't deceive yourself, anything that does not agree with science does not make sense.
Science is simply the way of doing things.
You use ur phone thru science, ur body is biological science, you existing are simply obeying every law of science from your biological processes, breathing, digestion, energy, transportation, communication.

If man will ever fly in the sky, it will.be through science, if man will ever grow back an amputated limb, then it will be achieved through science

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Jozzy4: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:
To a Believer and student of the Bible ,The Rapture is a Glorious event which God has Promised to the Church. The Promise is to return and Snatch up His church, living and dead to Heaven and deliver them from the time of Judgement and Tribulation that will come upon the earth when God's Wrath is poured out on a Rebellious and unbelieving world during the End times.

To the Unbeliver, The Rapture is a Preposterous, Convoluted fantasy that is right out there.

Sadly, Some churches , pastors, teachers, etc Refuse to believe and teach what is Clearly taught and Promised in the Bible.

1Thelsalonians 4:16-18
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1Corithians 15:51-53
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The Rapture is an Event in which the LORD JESUS CHRIST, descends from Heaven in the Clouds, and with the Sound of a Trumpet, Calls from the earth all those who have Chosen to put their Faith, Hope and Trust for Eternity and Salvation in Him.

The Rapture is the next event on Prophetic timetable. You Believe or you don't is irrelevant! It will Happen.
It will be in a twinkling of an eye. It will be just like every normal day. Many will not Even know. Many will be involved in their various affairs not knowing the Rapture has taken place and the Saints have been Snatched away.

Get Prepared Folks! For in such an hour that ye think not, The Master will Show up.

Salvation through JESUS Christ is all that is needed to be taken away. Flee from all form of Ungodliness, unrighteousness, Wickedness and so on.

Live Ready! Live Rapturable!
We Fly Soon..

See You in the Sky!

Rapture is false ... The Bible teach ressurection , not rapture.

1The 4:16 and 1Cor 15:53 refer to the First ressurection . Those who experience it will rule as Kings and priest with Christ.

That overturns any rapture ( no death ) teaching

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by paxonel(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

I know there is rapture... But the way he explain it.
he cannot possibly explain what is a huge contradiction to scriptures.
All those scriptures he quoted were all pointing at resurrection of the dead, not rapture.
There is nothing like rapture in the bible, God is not mocked, this earth we are living now is forever, eternity is now.
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by OtemAtum: 12:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Nuttella:
I've dreamt of rapture before and it was exactly the way Bible said it.
You're capable of dreaming about what you've heard before. It's scientific.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by gabe: 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
The rapture is a myth made up by US Pentecostals and spread here during the 80s Pentecostal wave ably assisted by American envangelical sponsors. They collected their money and swallowed hook line and sinker their doctrines as we always do. Read 1 Cor 15:52 again. It specifically mentions 'the last trump' ie, the last trumpet sound for the final judgement. These events will take place at the end of time.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Jonasbadoo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
chatinent:
The word 'rapture' does not occur in the bible. Please read Rev 21:1-4 and answer this question: does the promise found in the cited scripture refer to the heavens?
Just STFU
We are not discussing your twisted JW doctrines here but the word of God
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Jonasbadoo(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
Nuttella:
I've dreamt of rapture before and it was exactly the way Bible said it.
Can you share your experience? just a little bit?
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by seunmsg(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
Rapture ko, rupture ni. Ema tan rayin je.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
Just STFU
We are not discussing your twisted JW doctrines here but the word of God
They even argue among themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by jaeyking(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

Have you thought about the possibility of you serving the wrong god? grin
You're giving yourself comfort by saying you'll find out after you die, and if it exists, you'll be on the safe side.
Who told you you'd be on the safe side? grin
What if the Muslim god is actually the true god?
What if Zeus is?
What if you end up in the hell of another religion?
You see, you're just like atheists, you don't believe in other thousands of gods. stop lying to yourself that you have nothing to lose.
There are thousands of gods if you don't know. The only reason you believe in the Christian god is because you were brought up in a Christian home.

That's y I ended the saying with its a choice.
I choose to believe in who I chose.
its my choice bro.
so do what u feel like
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
obonujoker:

This is false righteousness89...

Jesus taught us great tribulation before rapture... Why are you saying something else??

Nope. He's said the truth of the scripture.

There were three prophetic coming of our Lord Jesus Christ before the Roman rule, which are;

1. His birth, baptism, punishment, death, and resurrection.

2. Rapture i.e visibly appears in the sky of the firmament only to His elected ones because firmament of the Earth is His footstool. The world & left behinds (unprepared Christians) can't see Him.

3. Armaggedon for millienium reign and restitution of the earth to those (heavenly saints) who will inherit it and reign with Christ, i.e His physical appearance of His glorious power which will shake the whole earth to quake, light to naked all secrets, consuming fire to melt all the elements of this world, and swords out of His mouth to defeat Satan, demons, and false prophets on the mount of Olives of our ancient black Hebrew fathers..

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
jaeyking:

That's y I ended the saying with its a choice.
I choose to believe in who I chose.
its my choice bro.
so do what u feel like
Ehn but when you people carry loud speaker and disturb us with repent repent, una no know say choice dey. When you call us fools and discriminate against us you forget choices but when we approach you with reason, o ba go electric.

4 Likes

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by franxalive(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Exmilitant:

1Corithians 15:51-53
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

SIR READ NOW �
IT'S CLEARLY STATED THAT THOSE REMNANTS WILL BE CHANGED SIR!

NO LONGER AS WEAKLINGS HUMANS ANYMORE!...BUT AS THE ANGELS OF THE LORD...

WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, WE SHALL LOOK LIKE HIM.

QED.

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by brainhgeek(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
God does not need your believe or disbelieve to be God and to bring His counsel to pass. Wether you belief in catching-up of the saints or not, it will and no human understanding or scheme can stop it.
It takes nothing away from you to simply confess accept Jesus and at least, die [b]believing a a risk-free lie than to risk the truth and be irredeemably shocked at the end.

Simply pray '
Lord Jesus, I believe you died for me to set me free from the damnation of sin and death.
I confess that Jesus I the son of God. That He died and God rose Him up on third day.
I believe in Him, therefore, I do no perish but have eternal life. Thank you Jesus for saving me. Amen
'[/b]
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by obonujoker(m): 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
Wolgrace:

Nope. He's said the truth of the scripture.

There were three prophetic coming of our Lord Jesus Christ before the Roman rule, which are;

1. His birth, baptism, punishment, death, and resurrection.

2. Rapture i.e visibly appears in the sky of the firmament only to His elected ones because firmament of the Earth is His footstool. The world & left behinds (unprepared Christians) can't see Him.

3. Armaggedon for millienium reign and restitution of the earth to those (heavenly saints) who will inherit it and reign with Christ, i.e His physical appearance of His glorious power which will shake the whole earth to quake, light to naked all secrets, consuming fire to melt all the elements of this world, and swords out of His mouth to defeat Satan, demons, and false prophets on the mount of Olives of our ancient black Hebrew fathers..

Jesus specifically said the tribulation will come before the Rapture, even the book of Daniel prophesied so....
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by obonujoker(m): 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
dazzlingd:

Don't deceive yourself, anything that does not agree with science does not make sense.
Science is simply the way of doing things.
You use ur phone thru science, ur body is biological science, you existing are simply obeying every law of science from your biological processes, breathing, digestion, energy, transportation, communication.

If man will ever fly in the sky, it will.be through science, if man will ever grow back an amputated limb, then it will be achieved through science

God is the author and finished of science, hence, He is above science
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by TruthinAction: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
A Deluded fellow spotted! Keep waiting to fly into heaven.

If Jesus was able to fly, we too will fly.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
obonujoker:

God is the author and finished of science, hence, He is above science
gringringrin
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Aveneoc0011: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
YorubaLord:
Rapture is what 98% of Daddy G.Os refuse to preach cuz they spend 98% of their time preaching abt tithes, offering and riches.

98% of Daddy G.Os would definitely miss out on it. cool
Pele o, speak for your self
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Aveneoc0011: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Rapture before the great tribulation or vice versa?
thank you for this question
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by femi4: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
1Cor 2:14

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
obonujoker:

Jesus specifically said the tribulation will come before the Rapture, even the book of Daniel prophesied so....

You misplaced the word. Tribulation is before His third coming. Third coming is commonly termed and used as His second coming because of His visible appearance after the first concluded coming, which is His birth to resurrection.

The real second coming is a silent, quiet, and unannouced one, like a parable of thief in the night. Reason, the bible scholars didn't state it as the second coming because of the invisible event of it.

BOTH FIRST (BODY) AND THIRD (SPIRIT GOD) COMING ARE THE VISIBLE APPEARANCE OF JESUS CHRIST, biblically called first and second coming of Him. Therefore, 7 years tribulation kicks immediately after unannouced invisible rapture (3yrs 6months of peace treaty and 3yrs 6months of great persecution of Christians and the black Hebrews), then follows the second coming of Jesus Christ physically.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Aveneoc0011: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2020
obonujoker:
Christians need to understand that tribulation comes before rapture.

Jesus specifically said this....

The reason for the Rapture is to take away the saints before the terrible day of God's judgement on the Antichrist and those who received the mark of the beast.

Jesus cannot lie. Left behind isn't in the Bible.

Prepare yourselves and hold on to God as this trying times come.

The reason for the Antichrist is to make war with the saints, and if the saints are gone before he comes, then the Bible has lied.
Amen
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by Juliusmomoh: 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
paxonel:
he cannot possibly explain what is a huge contradiction to scriptures.
All those scriptures he quoted were all pointing at resurrection of the dead, not rapture.
There is nothing like rapture in the bible, God is not mocked, this earth we are living now is forever, eternity is now.
U don start ur own abi
Re: What Really Is The Rapture? by jaeyking(m): 1:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
SegFault:

Ehn but when you people carry loud speaker and disturb us with repent repent, una no know say choice dey. When you call us fools and discriminate against us you forget choices but when we approach you with reason, o ba go electric.

U people doesn't refer to ME.
I do no such.
bro its ur choice, deal with it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Son Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? / Inspiring Story Of Akiane Kramarik That Converted Her Atheist Parents To Christ / Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.