Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,361 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Abia Community Finally Electricity After 2 Years Thanks To Hon. Ben Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Community Finally Electricity After 2 Years Thanks To Hon. Ben Kalu (182 Views)

Ore Residents Get Electricity After 20 Years Blackout / Magodo Residents Now Enjoy Stable Electricity After Signing An Agreement / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Community Finally Electricity After 2 Years Thanks To Hon. Ben Kalu by AseV(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2020
A great partnership between Rep. Benjamin Kalu (Member, Representing Bende Federal Constituency) and the business office of the Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) has brought to an end a two-year gross darkness over Bende and given way to light.

Drum Africa correspondents gathered that this mission was started by Rep. Kalu even before his 2019 election campaign when every effort was made to rectify the lack of electricity which was severely affecting small businesses in the area and contributing to the heavy migration of both the young and old to the capital city of Abia State among others.

The development has the people of Bende town ecstatic with positive commendation for the Representative from his constituents including the traditional rulers, town union leadership, women and youths.

When interviewed, Representative Benjamin Okezie Kalu who is the spokesperson of the House of Representatives, said “it is part of my representative function to discover the needs of my constituents and take steps to bridge the gap using my contacts and the platform offered to me by this position and my people.

“Now, students who are home can study without the difficulty of using kerosene lanterns; Food stuffs can now be stored or preserved to prevent wastage; The town and Government offices can now save money without wasting it on petrol and gas.

“I have asked EEDC to look into sending meters to all the compounds in Bende federal constituency, where the chief whip of the Senate, Dr Orji Kalu comes from.

“EEDC whose fear has been on how best to raise revenue from the area has been assured that we will use all our stakeholders platforms to ensure payments are made on time.”

“I wish to use this opportunity to inform the vandals always vandalising the electricity transformers, poles and wires to desist from doing so because it is disservice to our communities, an economic sabotage against the economy of the country and a crime . It will be treated as a crime and the vandals as criminals.”

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/08/bende-finally-enjoys-light-after-2-years-of-darkness-thanks-to-rep-ben-kalu/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

Re: Abia Community Finally Electricity After 2 Years Thanks To Hon. Ben Kalu by Temitopemo6e6(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2020
Nigeria go still better cool
Re: Abia Community Finally Electricity After 2 Years Thanks To Hon. Ben Kalu by Tomtomy98: 9:48am On Aug 09, 2020
Good development...keep it up
Re: Abia Community Finally Electricity After 2 Years Thanks To Hon. Ben Kalu by EagleNest(m): 10:12am On Aug 09, 2020
That's the kind of news that gladden my heart.

(1) (Reply)

Rt.hon Isa Ashiru Is Calling Federal & State Govt To Tackle Security Challenges / Redeploy The ‘old’ Youths Commissioner Now. Group Urges Ugwuanyi / VIDEO: Dino Melaye Showers Prayers On His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.