Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution (1318 Views)

Apostle Chinyere Forgives Happie Boys, Restores Their Scholarship Programs / Prophet Odumeje Finally Forgives Ada Jesus, Gifts Her N1 Million (Video) / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:10am On Feb 06, 2021
God is not interested in the death of a sinner but for the sinner to repent and be saved {1Timothy 2:4} but for his people to know what lies ahead in the future for sinners God commanded all those who knew of the evil to judge and kill the evildoer {Leviticus 20:10} to instill fear in the minds of all his people {Deuteronomy 31:12} but what about if the wrongdoer wasn't caught in the act?

Then God allows his trained conscience to work, he will have to pray silently to God and beg for forgiveness but for the priests to be aware that this man needs spiritual cleansing he must travel to Jerusalem to offer a sin offering {Leviticus 5:6} of course the officiating priest will know that this man has sinned but has repented of his sin so a special burning of incense will be done for a cleansing and as the sweet smell goes up JEHOVAH is pleased to have his child back in the family of Faith. Genesis 8:21
All these is just to return the sinner back to God for approval!

The new covenant is exactly the same as the old but the setting differs. HOW? A sinner doesn't need to travel all the way to Jerusalem {John 4:20-24} neither does he need the blood of bulls or goats for a cleansing but the sacrifice God's only begotten son offered once and for all time with his own blood {Hebrews 9:13-15} those who enter into the new covenant live in different parts of the world so what could be a punishable offence in one place might be legalized in other places so the sinner have no business with the outsiders except with God and God alone. So if he has sinned and wants to return to God he will have to approach the Christian elders in the congregation, he must not hide anything from them because Jesus never asked them to judge him so no matter his sin all they need to do is lay their hands on him and pray for their brother who has returned from his Spiritual slumber! James 5:14-20
So there is nothing like restitution in Christianity, you only need to present yourself to the judge of heaven and earth so as to get your sins blotted out, then you gained a good conscience before your God in the name of our reigning King Christ Jesus!
No matter the sin you've committed in the past is a bygone once you've repented and dedicated your life to God. 1Corinthians 6:9-11

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 06, 2021
Read response below.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God is not interested in the death of a sinner but for the sinner to repent and be saved {1Timothy 2:4} but for his people to know what lies ahead in the future for sinners God commanded all those who knew of the evil to judge and kill the evildoer {Leviticus 20:10} to instill fear in the minds of all his people {Deuteronomy 31:12} but what about if the wrongdoer wasn't caught in the act?

Then God allows his trained conscience to work, he will have to pray silently to God and beg for forgiveness but for the priests to be aware that this man needs spiritual cleansing he must travel to Jerusalem to offer a sin offering {Leviticus 5:6} of course the officiating priest will know that this man has sinned but has repented of his sin so a special burning of incense will be done for a cleansing and as the sweet smell goes up JEHOVAH is pleased to have his child back in the family of Faith. Genesis 8:21
All these is just to return the sinner back to God for approval!

The new covenant is exactly the same as the old but the setting differs. HOW? A sinner doesn't need to travel all the way to Jerusalem {John 4:20-24} neither does he need the blood of bulls or goats for a cleansing but the sacrifice God's only begotten son offered once and for all time with his own blood {Hebrews 9:13-15} those who enter into the new covenant live in different parts of the world so what could be a punishable offence in one place might be legalized in other places so the sinner have no business with the outsiders except with God and God alone. So if he has sinned and wants to return to God he will have to approach the Christian elders in the congregation, he must not hide anything from them because Jesus never asked them to judge him so no matter his sin all they need to do is lay their hands on him and pray for their brother who has returned from his Spiritual slumber! James 5:14-20
So there is nothing like restitution in Christianity, you only need to present yourself to the judge of heaven and earth so as to get your sins blotted out, then you gained a good conscience before your God in the name of our reigning King Christ Jesus!
No matter the sin you've committed in the past is a bygone once you've repented and dedicated your life to God. 1Corinthians 6:9-11

May you have PEACE! smiley
Ok. Here is your explanation which I appreciate, and I do not want to contest it. And really, you are on the same position with the OP. Well, I share the view too that restitution isn't a seal of our salvation.

Kindly look at the bolded phrase in the underlined sentenced above. Please note, my approach may not be to present oneself before elders, but the issue is that restitution is not necessary for our salvation. But that conscience is what I am after. You said the person will gain a good conscience after presenting himself or herself to the elders. But is this really the truth? Is it really true all the time? So, are you saying if there is guilty conscience after presenting himself to the elders, it is not genuine salvation, and there is need for repentance again, and again, till the conscience is made right? Is repentance the antidote to guilty conscience? Let's say the person meets you today you and say.." See, I have repented, but the issue is bothering me and I cannot sleep at night. I am running nuts. I'm depressed". Sir, what is your recommendation to this person?
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
Do you want to learn or to argue?
If you want to learn i'll oblige and present what the scriptures say concerning unwarranted guilt after one has genuinely repented.

PeaceLoveJoy:

Ok. Here is your explanation which I appreciate, and I do not want to contest it. And really, you are on the same position with the OP. Well, I share the view too that restitution isn't a seal of our salvation.

Kindly look at the bolded phrase in the underlined sentenced above. Please note, my approach may not be to present oneself before elders, but the issue is that restitution is not necessary for our salvation. But that conscience is what I am after. You said the person will gain a good conscience after presenting himself or herself to the elders. But is this really the truth? Is it really true all the time? So, are you saying if there is guilty conscience after presenting himself to the elders, it is not genuine salvation, and there is need for repentance again, and again, till the conscience is made right? Is repentance the antidote to guilty conscience? Let's say the person meets you today you and say.." See, I have repented, but the issue is bothering me and I cannot sleep at night. I am running nuts. I'm depressed". Sir, what is your recommendation to this person?
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Do you want to learn or to argue?
If you want to learn i'll oblige and present what the scriptures say concerning unwarranted guilt after one has genuinely repented.
Sir, we are both adults. There is no need to present yourself as our teacher. So, no need to ask me if I want to argue or learn. What we are doing is discussing. Do I sound like I am arguing with you? You want to explain to us, and we are ready to listen. So, go ahead.

Sir, you quite are right. I want to know your take on guilt. Really not sure if I should call it unwarranted because something caused this particular guilt. Anyway, ..... So, here is my suggestion,

1. kindly discuss guilt,
2. let us know what you mean by unwarranted guilt.
3. Then, relate it to this case. This man came to you and said that Sir, I am running nuts. I cannot sleep, my conscience is pounding.. "I have a deep guilt inside because I killed someone. Help me!" What is your recommendation.

I think I made myself very explicit clear with my question. Bro, please related whatever principles or teachings you have to this particular case. This is my concern.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by madegreatbygrace(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2021
Christ is our restitution!
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

Sir, we are both adults. There is no need to present yourself as our teacher. So, no need to ask me if I want to argue or learn. What we are doing is discussing. Do I sound like I am arguing with you? You want to explain to us, and we are ready to listen. So, go ahead.

Sir, you quite are right. I want to know your take on guilt. Really not sure if I should call it unwarranted because something caused this particular guilt. Anyway, ..... So, here is my suggestion,
I am a TEACHER of God's word {Matthew 28:20} so when i notice someone in need of what i know, i'll oblige to do my job {Matthew 7:7-8} but when i sense argumentative spirit i'll flee! 1Timothy 6:4, Titus 3:9

1. kindly discuss guilt,
2. let us know what you mean by unwarranted guilt.
3. Then, relate it to this case. This man came to you and said that Sir, I am running nuts. I cannot sleep, my conscience is pounding.. "I have a deep guilt inside because I killed someone. Help me!" What is your recommendation.

I think I made myself very explicit clear with my question. Bro, please related whatever principles or teachings you have to this particular case. This is my concern.

Guilt is what all sane humans experience at one time or another, it's a sign that our conscience is still active {2Samuel 12:13} when we continue in evil deeds our conscience continue to die slowly until it's rendered dead completely which gives birth to terrorism.

Unwarranted guilt is the excessive type that keeps popping up in our hearts even after we are already feeling bad about the act, if you truthfully felt bad about an act it's like the excrement that comes out of your anus, of course it becomes disgusting as if it had nothing to do with you whereas it was part of your body. So genuine repentance makes the sinner detests the act to the cure! Therefore such guilt is unwarranted that's why Apostle John assured us that God is greater than our heart that's feeling such "unwarranted" guilt! 1John 3:19-21

If anyone still feels guilty after repentance then it's time to remind such a person of God's servants in the past that committed gross sins but turned back to God and were approved by our loving heavenly father.
I'll relate just one example.
David was anointed as the second king of Israel, as a King he had all the laws that he copied with his own hand, he knew a soldier must not have sex when others are at the battle front. Yet during the time when other Kings were leading their armies to the battle field David stayed back home in Jerusalem, there on the top of his palace he saw the unclothedness of another man's wife, he commanded that the woman be brought to his palace, after knowing that the woman's husband (who is not an Israelite by birth) is at the battle front fighting for Israel (for David's City) David still went ahead to commit adultery with the woman, when the woman realized that she's pregnant David asked for the commander at the war front to send the husband home (with the plan that the wife will seduce her husband and give the pregnancy to the husband, when David saw that the man refused to go home despite getting him drunk David schemed his death and took over his wife.

My friend, David was guilty of many offences as a liar, deceiver, adulterer and murderer!

But after David had genuinely repented of his sin, listen to what God said about this same man named David many years later @ 1King 14:8

So let everyone know today that our heavenly father sees us all as a prodigal son only if we are ready to return to him with all our heart! Luke 15:11-32

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I am a TEACHER of God's word {Matthew 28:20} so when i notice someone in need of what i know, i'll oblige to do my job {Matthew 7:7-8} but when i sense argumentative spirit i'll flee! 1Timothy 6:4, Titus 3:9

Guilt is what all sane humans experience at one time or another, it's a sign that our conscience is still active {2Samuel 12:13} when we continue in evil deeds our conscience continue to die slowly until it's rendered dead completely which gives birth to terrorism.

Unwarranted guilt is the excessive type that keeps popping up in our hearts even after we are already feeling bad about the act, if you truthfully felt bad about an act it's like the excrement that comes out of your anus, of course it becomes disgusting as if it had nothing to do with you whereas it was part of your body. So genuine repentance makes the sinner detests the act to the cure! Therefore such guilt is unwarranted that's why Apostle John assured us that God is greater than our heart that's feeling such "unwarranted" guilt! 1John 3:19-21

If anyone still feels guilty after repentance then it's time to remind such a person of God's servants in the past that committed gross sins but turned back to God and were approved by our loving heavenly father.
I'll relate just one example.
David was anointed as the second king of Israel, as a King he had all the laws that he copied with his own hand, he knew a soldier must not have sex when others are at the battle front. Yet during the time when other Kings were leading their armies to the battle field David stayed back home in Jerusalem, there on the top of his palace he saw the unclothedness of another man's wife, he commanded that the woman be brought to his palace, after knowing that the woman's husband (who is not an Israelite by birth) is at the battle front fighting for Israel (for David's City) David still went ahead to commit adultery with the woman, when the woman realized that she's pregnant David asked for the commander at the war front to send the husband home (with the plan that the wife will seduce her husband and give the pregnancy to the husband, when David saw that the man refused to go home despite getting him drunk David schemed his death and took over his wife.

My friend, David was guilty of many offences as a liar, deceiver, adulterer and murderer!

But after David had genuinely repented of his sin, listen to what God said about this same man named David many years later @ 1King 14:8

So let everyone know today that our heavenly father sees us all as a prodigal son only if we are ready to return to him with all our heart! Luke 15:11-32

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Thank you for teaching us unwarranted guilt. God bless you. Now, it is time to apply it to this case sir. You actually forgot it. You only mentioned David. So bro, the person who is having this depression is still saying....

bro, honorary teacher, I am not David. This is me. You are the teacher, and you have said you want to teach. Rabbi, I want to listen to you as a teacher who knows so much. In my case, what is the solution? How will I remove this guilt that is there since I know I repented. I went to the elders like you told me. And I repented. So, how will this guilt leave me? How? Tell me. Please, I am not David. Kindly apply this principle of yours to my personal case. Please, let's leave David alone. He is gone and dead long time ago. Now, let's apply what you know to my case. Senior Rabbi, I am listening".

Please, sorry oooo. It is the victim who spoke up there, not me. Please attend to him sir. And God bless you as you help him.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
First of all before someone can't talk of repentance and elders in the congregation of God if he doesn't believe in the existence of God!

Believe connotes Trust, it's the trust that must first come in before you can talk of relying on the promises of the one you want to Trust (believe)
1f the person truly believe in God then he should know that God is the rewarder of all those who trust (believe) in him! Hebrews 11:6

PeaceLoveJoy:

Thank you for teaching us unwarranted guilt. God bless you. Now, it is time to apply it to this case sir. You actually forgot it. You only mentioned David. So bro, the person who is having this depression is still saying....

bro, honorary teacher, I am not David. This is me. You are the teacher, and you have said you want to teach. Rabbi, I want to listen to you as a teacher who knows so much. In my case, what is the solution? How will I remove this guilt that is there since I know I repented. I went to the elders like you told me. And I repented. So, how will this guilt leave me? How? Tell me. Please, I am not David. Kindly apply this principle of yours to my personal case. Please, let's leave David alone. He is gone and dead long time ago. Now, let's apply what you know to my case. Senior Rabbi, I am listening".

Please, sorry oooo. It is the victim who spoke up there, not me. Please attend to him sir. And God bless you as you help him.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
First of all before someone can't talk of repentance and elders in the congregation of God if he doesn't believe in the existence of God!

Believe connotes Trust, it's the trust that must first come in before you can talk of relying on the promises of the one you want to Trust (believe)
1f the person truly believe in God then he should know that God is the rewarder of all those who trust (believe) in him! Hebrews 11:6

Rabbi!

Ha ba!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave His ONLY begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not Perish, but have everlasting life. This is Salvation. This is repentance. The person say he has repented. He has met elders naooo. Ha ba! Are you saying someone who confessed John 3:16 does not believe in the existence of God?

Please, you need to go straight to recommendation. No need to go round and round, and avoid this question Rabbi. You know this thing Rabbi. And the person needs your help.

Alright ooo ooo. The person says Rabbi, I confessed John 3:16 and he rushed it out again on your presence. And he continues.

Rabbi, a wan talk am for Pigin make you hear me wella. See eh! Mi eye no dey touch sleep. A just dey roll roll roll for night ooo on bed. See Rabbi, my inside dey pepper mi with guilt. A dey tell you na. See ooo, life kon dey tire me small small, but e don kon put heavy tanga (depression) on my shoulder. Rabbi....a beg... you wey be great shisha (teacher), help me. See eh! You talk about David that time...a beg na small matter a dey ask you ooo. Wetin make a do na to commot this guilt? please sha (sir), apply that principle of David for my own tori (story).

Bro, go ahead now and give this recommendation. We are reading. Go straight to the point. Tell this man direct the steps he needs to take. Stop beating about the bush.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
If he doesn't believe in the God who forgives David, how can he believe in Jesus?
Are both not written in the same book? cheesy

PeaceLoveJoy:

Rabbi!

Ha ba!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave His ONLY begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him should not Perish, but have everlasting life. This is Salvation. This is repentance. The person say he has repented. He has met elders naooo. Ha ba! Are you saying someone who confessed John 3:16 does not believe in the existence of God?

Please, you need to go straight to recommendation. No need to go round and round, and avoid this question Rabbi. You know this thing Rabbi. And the person needs your help.

Alright ooo ooo. The person says Rabbi, I confessed John 3:16 and he rushed it out again on your presence. And he continues.

Rabbi, a wan talk am for Pigin make you hear me wella. See eh! Mi eye no dey touch sleep. A just dey roll roll roll for night ooo on bed. See Rabbi, my inside dey pepper mi with guilt. A dey tell you na. See ooo, life kon dey tire me small small, but e don kon put heavy tanga (depression) on my shoulder. Rabbi....a beg... you wey be great shisha (teacher), help me. See eh! You talk about David that time...a beg na small matter a dey ask you ooo. Wetin make a do na to commot this guilt? please sha (sir), apply that principle of David for my own tori (story).

Bro, go ahead now and give this recommendation. We are reading. Go straight to the point. Tell this man direct the steps he needs to take. Stop beating about the bush.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by chelsea04(m): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
brother max has defended well, peacejoy what do u want me to answer again, i am in search of those who believe in it, to prove why restitution shud be practiced
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If he doesn't believe in the God who forgives David, how can he believe in Jesus?
Are both not written in the same book? cheesy

Ok. Let's just assume you dont know. There nothing bad in saying you dont know. Teacher who knows it all cannot give straight forward answer when scrutinized.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 06, 2021
chelsea04:
brother max has defended well, peacejoy what do u want me to answer again, i am in search of those who believe in it, to prove why restitution shud be practiced
He has defended well to say that only believe in God will remove depression? Is this your position too?.

1 Like

Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by chelsea04(m): 7:19pm On Feb 06, 2021
peacejoy
question pls, what if it happens to be in the case of abortion what will the person do in restitution.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:48pm On Feb 06, 2021
When i ignored you from the onset people who don't know you will think i despised you, so what exactly has been your point if not just blind arguments? smiley

PeaceLoveJoy:

Ok. Let's just assume you dont know. There nothing bad in saying you dont know. Teacher who knows it all cannot give straight forward answer when scrutinized.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
chelsea04:
peacejoy
question pls, what if it happens to be in the case of abortion what will the person do in restitution.
You see, when you ask me questions, i will reply you if it relevant. Remember, you brought the extreme case of death yourself. So, I expect you to answer my questions. But since you cannot answer them and you have decided to change from death to abortion, I will tell you. At least, Rabbi has jakpa (ran away). Lol.. I'm sure Rabbi will be back when he finds a way to hide further.

My position is that restitution is not necessary for our salvation, but if the person is depressed, then, he needs to be attended to medically. Just believing in God will not cure depression. The root cause must be dealt with. Depression is a medical case which should not be handled by elders of any church because they arent qualified to treat it.

If a professional will handle the case, s(he) will try many strategies. Some people will over come by talking to spiritual people, while some people will heal by talking to the family of the dead. If the patient is ready to face the consequences of talking to the family, this his/her choice. Some people prefer going to the grave with such burden removed. It has nothing to do with salvation again. Sessions with psychiatrists are confidential.

If it is abortion, its same principle. The unborn baby has family members too. If it helps her to tell the father of the unborn child, the psychiatrist will recommend it. If the father is aware and does not show any remorse and does not help the lady, and she feels telling the family will help the psychiatric may recommend it. It depends on the situation. And if everything is done and she does not improve, the psychiatrist knows that it is purely medical situation and they move into doing more tests to get rid of it. Depression is purely medical case. It is not about believing in God or not. It is not about believing the name of God is Jehovah. It is a medical condition which must be treated accordingly.

In conclusion and in my opinion which are free to accept or reject, restitution is ONLY necessarily if it will help the victim to get healed from the guilt of the sin or crime.

You guys should always learn how to answer questions directly and not go round about. It is not good. When you dont know, you say you dont know. I even felt you wanted to ask us because you dont know. Not knowing you opened the thread to argue and debate. If I had known it is a debate you had in mind, I wouldn't have come here. I just came in to correct what someone wrote up here, and the person quickly made the correction. I support what the Eviana wrote. She has a deep knowledge of the subject.

Now I must leave. God bless you all!.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
When i ignored you from the onset people who don't know you will think i despised you, so what exactly has been your point if not just blind arguments? smiley

I really think you need to know how to answer questions. And you said you are a teacher. Whenever you are asked deeper questions and you dont have answers, always be ready to say you dont know. You just keep showing you dont really know much. Stop putting yourself as a teacher. You need to return to your church again and learn more. It is a suggestion for you. Most readers here see it. You obviously only cram the principles they teach you. Bro, you need to be able to apply them. Whenever I ask you questions, you always talk about principles you are taught. But to apply it , you always cannot. And that is when you start shouting one is arguing with you.

Rabbi, go back to school ooooo. No dey teach nonsense. I really dont think JW is like this. It is you who just don't know how to apply the principles. Another JW can do a better job.

I think i need to tell you. My reasoning is not on your levels and I will not respond to any of your post even you ask me questions again. No be say a dey boast. If you find it insulting, please no vex. I just need to tell you that we will not cross path again.Please, return to school. You are not a teacher oooo.

Stay blessed!

1 Like

Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
It's OK! cheesy

PeaceLoveJoy:

I really think you need to know how to answer questions. And you said you are a teacher. Whenever you are asked deeper questions and you dont have answers, always be ready to say you dont know. You just keep showing you dont really know much. Stop putting yourself as a teacher. You need to return to your church again and learn more. It is a suggestion for you. Most readers here see it. You obviously only cram the principles they teach you. Bro, you need to be able to apply them. Whenever I ask you questions, you always talk about principles you are taught. But to apply it , you always cannot. And that is when you start shouting one is arguing with you.

Rabbi, go back to school ooooo. No dey teach nonsense. I really dont think JW is like this. It is you who just don't know how to apply the principles. Another JW can do a better job.

I think i need to tell you. My reasoning is not on your levels and I will not respond to any of your post even you ask me questions again. No be say a dey boast. If you find it insulting, please no vex. I just need to tell you that we will not cross path again.Please, return to school. You are not a teacher oooo.

Stay blessed!
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by jamesid29(m): 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2021
Eviana:

Ok, I thought I was clear with my comment sir, but I will gladly & kindly clarify a few things.
Let me see if I can sum up what you're asking and stating.
I agree that I should change the word "absolutely" to "may".
Ultimately if the person belongs to Jesus, then he/she would ultimately pray for practical wisdom.
I cannot make a decision nor force anyone to do anything.
What I know is that to people "born-again", there is given a mighty important help in the form of the Holy Spirit which speaks to one's spirit through the Word of God.
I would think that this question has been on the mind of many people the world over in the exact same position.
Salvation to a born-again believer is not dependant upon offering restitution.
I hope folks didn't interpret that from my post.
Spiritually, as long as a person has confessed to God, is repentant and strives to leave a holy life pleasing to God, then his/her salvation is sealed. He/she has accepted the gift of salvation....
That was what I tried to convey.

In this earthly realm that we, humans, live our lives in come with free-will.
Meaning we make choices.
There are laws or at least should be that govern our lives.
If a crime is committed, and a person is found guilty (assuming that it's based on untampered, unbiased evidence etc.--which much could be said about that), then the laws says that restitution should be made...be it imprisonment, house arrest, community service or even the death penalty.
Having to deal with consequences of one's actions (if genuinely born-again) has "0" to do with the pardon, forgiveness and eternal life that God has bestowed to the person.
Even if crimes committed, happened before being born-again, there should be a desire to make restitution...even at the sacrifice of one's own comfort and security. Even at the risk of death...which although may mean a born- again is no longer alive, he/she has gained eternity.
Again I stress that anyone in this predicament would need to prayerfully go to the Lord for wisdom on what to "do" or "not" do.
Christianity should be a religion of relationship......relationship with God and relationship with fellow human beings.
Relationship that causes born-agains to have empathy, love, joy that is practically expressed.
There is a hope that we, Christians have through genuine faith in the Lord, that is worth risking our lives for others to experience it...even if death is the result.
I have a thread coming soon enough on that...which will address that.
I hope that cleared up a few things.
Really well put ma'am. God bless you

1 Like

Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by CodeTemplar: 10:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Restitution is part of genuine repentance towards God and man!
If you are an ex-cultist or witch that killed people whose grieving families are still in pains and u just say your prayer of salvation then boom you think you are now Born again ....! no sir... you're not
Until you confess to the victims families and get their approval or forgiveness before you can boldly say you are born again indeed

Guiltless Conscience town God and man backup with water baptism is what born again means
You can't be driving the Car you stole after killing the owner to Church or anywhere and you claim you are now in Christ Jesus..... No sir...

Are families owners of members?
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by TooMuchStuff: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2021
A
CodeTemplar:

Are families owners of members?

Yes....
Your Family owns you....
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Eviana(f): 1:28am On Feb 07, 2021
Jamesid29,
I thank God for His Word guided by the Holy Spirit. On this journey of allowing the Lord to teach me. May God bless you too.
Peacelovejoy,
When I first saw this thread, I didn't realize that it was an old thread. I didn't read through the comments at the time when I posted my (2) comments.
I finally read through them all and while some of the posters had factual info and the right concept, the post made by Acehart is exactly what I agree with 100 percent.
If I had to pick one that was beautifully and scripturally well done, it would be his.
He nailed it and wrote what I tried to say in a clearer way.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by CodeTemplar: 6:13am On Feb 07, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
A
Yes....
Your Family owns you....
No wonder ogboni money ritual with family members is widespread.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by shadeyinka2: 6:30am On Feb 07, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
Restitution is part of genuine repentance towards God and man!
If you are an ex-cultist or witch that killed people whose grieving families are still in pains and u just say your prayer of salvation then boom you think you are now Born again ....! no sir... you're not
Until you confess to the victims families and get their approval or forgiveness before you can boldly say you are born again indeed

Guiltless Conscience town God and man backup with water baptism is what born again means
You can't be driving the Car you stole after killing the owner to Church or anywhere and you claim you are now in Christ Jesus..... No sir...
You have just made the sacrifice of Christ useless if it ALSO depend on restitution for it to be effective.
Not everything can be restituted my brother.

John 8:36:

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed."

John 8:11:
"She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more."

I'm sure you would have added restitution to the burden of this woman caught in adultry!
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by shadeyinka2: 6:33am On Feb 07, 2021
Acehart:

Restitution is a biblical concept; it is to be a result of our salvation—it is not a requirement for salvation. There are passages in both Old and New Testaments that reveal the mind of God on this subject. In the Old Testament, the Israelites were under the Law, which specified restitution in a variety of circumstances: “If a man steals an ox or a sheep and slaughters it or sells it, he must pay back five head of cattle for the ox and four sheep for the sheep. . . . A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft. If the stolen animal is found alive in his possession—whether ox or donkey or sheep—he must pay back double. If a man grazes his livestock in a field or vineyard and lets them stray and they graze in another man’s field, he must make restitution from the best of his own field or vineyard. If a fire breaks out and spreads into thornbushes so that it burns shocks of grain or standing grain or the whole field, the one who started the fire must make restitution. . . If a man borrows an animal from his neighbor and it is injured or dies . . . he must make restitution” (Exodus 22:1, 3-6, 14).

Leviticus 6:2-5 covers other situations in which the stolen property is restored, plus one fifth of the value. Also of note in this passage, the restitution was made to the owner of the property (not to the government or any other third party), and the compensation was to be accompanied by a guilt offering to the Lord. The Mosaic Law, then, protected victims of theft, extortion, fraud, and negligence by requiring the offending parties to make restitution. The amount of remuneration varied anywhere from 100 to 500 percent of the loss. The restitution was to be made on the same day that the guilty one brought his sacrifice before the Lord, which implies that making amends with one’s neighbor is just as important as making peace with God.

In the New Testament, we have the wonderful example of Zacchaeus in Luke 19. Jesus is visiting Zacchaeus’s home, and the people who know the chief publican to be a wicked and oppressive man are beginning to murmur about His associating with a sinner (verse 7). “But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, ‘Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost’” (verses 8-10). From Zacchaeus’s words, we gather that:

1) he had been guilty of defrauding people,
2) he was remorseful over his past actions, and
3) he was committed to making restitution.

From Jesus’ words, we understand that:

1) Zacchaeus was saved that day and his sin was forgiven, and
2) the evidence of his salvation was both his public confession (see Romans 10:10) and his relinquishing of all ill-gotten gains.

Zacchaeus repented, and his sincerity was evident in his immediate desire to make restitution. Here was a man who was penitent and contrite, and the proof of his conversion to Christ was his resolve to atone, as much as possible, for past sins.

The same holds true for anyone who truly knows Christ today. Genuine repentance leads to a desire to redress wrongs. When someone becomes a Christian, he will have a desire born of deep conviction to do good, and that includes making restoration whenever possible. The idea of “whenever possible” is crucially important to remember. There are some crimes and sins for which there is no adequate restitution. In such instances, a Christian should make some form of restitution that demonstrates repentance, but at the same time, does not need to feel guilty about the inability to make full restitution. Restitution is to be a result of our salvation—it is not a requirement for salvation. If you have received forgiveness of sins through faith in Jesus Christ, all of your sins are forgiven, whether or not you have been able to make restitution for them.

https://www.gotquestions.org/restitution-Bible.html

2 Corinthians 5:19, 21: God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, .., He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Now that I am born again, How do I restitute for putting on trousers and painting my lips and fingernails?
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 07, 2021
Eviana:

Peacelovejoy,
When I first saw this thread, I didn't realize that it was an old thread. I didn't read through the comments at the time when I posted my (2) comments.
I finally read through them all and while some of the posters had factual info and the right concept, the post made by Aceh.art is exactly what I agree with 100 percent.
If I had to pick one that was beautifully and scripturally well done, it would be his.
He nailed it and wrote what I tried to say in a clearer way.
I agree with you. He is right on point. I share with him what he said. At times, we may not be able to say things well, but when we sit down and consider other factors, we see things clearly. Things are not the way they seem to be at first. There is nothing bad in saying "I made a mistake", "I did not consider this before I made my initial comment", "Ms X or Mr Y gave an answer better than my first answer". This I have noticed in your posts...you are sincere. But some people will continue arguing despite their error is clear. Such people, I always avoid. Keep it up.

Please, read my last message you got angry with. Relax, and look deeply into the points. You will surely see another view to the issues I raised. The tone may be harsh (I cannot remove it now), but look at the issues well.

Well, I have just forced myself to post this. I had received a terrible news which knocked me off very early this morning. angry I just need to mourn in order to heal. Taking a break and will not be posting for a while. Very sad day for me. A serious blow I got early this morning.

Take care!
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by madegreatbygrace(m): 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
quote author=PeaceLoveJoy post=98822923]
I agree with you. He is right on point.

Well, I have just forced myself to post this. I had received a terrible news which knocked me off very early this morning. angry I just need to mourn in order to heal. Taking a break and will not be posting for a while. Very sad day for me. A serious blow I got early this morning.

Take care!

Sorry about the bad news. May the Lord comfort you.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by madegreatbygrace(m): 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2021
author=chelsea04 post=92619181]If i happen to kill somebody and i become born again, is there any need of telling the family what i have done to their child. Pls ur suggestion can help

If the family didn’t know you did it, then it’s unnecessary for you to reach out for restitution.

Restitution shouldn’t be practiced as a law, but as a principle to establish peace. Hear James:

“Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
‭‭James‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

The confession and asking the neighbor for forgiveness is the resistution.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Eviana(f): 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
PeaceLoveJoy:

I agree with you. He is right on point. I share with him what he said. At times, we may not be able to say things well, but when we sit down and consider other factors, we see things clearly. Things are not the way they seem to be at first. There is nothing bad in saying "I made a mistake", "I did not consider this before I made my initial comment", "Ms X or Mr Y gave an answer better than my first answer". This I have noticed in your posts...you are sincere. But some people will continue arguing despite their error is clear. Such people, I always avoid. Keep it up.

Please, read my last message you got angry with. Relax, and look deeply into the points. You will surely see another view to the issues I raised. The tone may be harsh (I cannot remove it now), but look at the issues well.

Take care!

Not angry, moreso shocked, frustrated and saddened.
It's ok though....it really is.
Will reread it.
Oh, I'm not telling you to change what you wrote....that's how you felt and feel.
I just wanted an apology for the manner in which want felt you attacked me....which I've accepted that you do not want to give.

I am also sorry for your loss...
Prayers sent up for you.
One never forgets, but the pain of the loss lessens slowly but surely as time continues.
Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by Eviana(f): 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
shadeyinka2:

Now that I am born again, How do I restitute for putting on trousers and painting my lips and fingernails?

This wasn't addressed to me, but I think this comment is bordering on mockery here.
While God's people should be a peculiar people, dressed in a markedly different manner from the world as a result of being cleansed from inwardly to outwardly, the wearing of "pants", "lipstick" or "false fingernails" is not a sin.
Those that teach that those things mentioned above constitute sin, "may" mean well or be very sincere in trying to stress holiness, however the "10" commandments....reveal God's laws...to God first & our fellow man secondly.

2 Likes

Re: When A Man Repent N God Forgives Him Is There Need For Restitution by chelsea04(m): 12:54pm On Feb 08, 2021
Eviana.
Pls, are u in support of painting and fixing of eye lashes and etc, can u backup or explain why u said it is not sin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die / Odumejeje Is Seen Lifting The Catholic "Blessed Sacrament / Jesus Is Lord! I Proclaim His Powers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.