Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Website That Made A Million Dollars In 5 Months - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website That Made A Million Dollars In 5 Months (198 Views)

Please Recommend An Sms Website That Delivers To Active DND Airtel & Glo Lines / 6 Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog In 5 Days / I Need A Web Designer/ Developer Who Cn Design A Website That Wil Look Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Website That Made A Million Dollars In 5 Months by willzx: 6:03am On Aug 10, 2020
Website that made a million dollars in 5 months

Product Services
The Million Dollar Homepage made $1,000, 000 in few months.

21 years old Alex Tew said he was poor and broke. He was having problems paying school fees at the university when he came up with the idea that made him rich.

“I was living at home, and I was fed up with being broke. So, I asked myself a simple question: How can I make a million dollars?” he told inc.com.

The idea is simple: he wants one million pixels (bits of Images) to fill up a screen. So people will pay to get into pixels.

"The concept was extraordinarily simple: for a minimum of $100, an advertiser could buy a 100-pixel block (10 x 10 grid) and display an image or logo of their choosing, with a hyperlink."

That is a million divide by 100, times $100, which equals $1,000, 000!

Strategies
After setting up his website with $50, Tew gathered his friends, neigbours, and everybody around him: they bought 4000 pixels, and he used the money to pay a firm to publish a press release. BBC picked the story, and the rest is history.

Strategies to implememt:

1. Anything can be a product including pixels.

2. Sell to inner circle first, then use the money to advertise and do some prudent promotions.

Cost
"I only had to push the a bit in the first few days by sending out a press release which essentially acted as a catalyst. This interest coupled with traditional word-of-mouth created a real buzz about the homepage, which in turn created more interest," he told the Financial Times.

Profit
The total sales of the pixels was
$1,037,100.

“In 4 months, I went from living at home with my parents to being a millionaire," he said.

This is an extract from 20 Ways To Make A Million Dollars... download it at www.jobmarket.com.ng
Re: Website That Made A Million Dollars In 5 Months by dawnomike(m): 6:11am On Aug 10, 2020
Nice concept...

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Free PRL Ebooks / Get A Website From #25, 000 / Get A Business Website At A Cheap Price When You Call Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.