Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus (42952 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Recovers From Coronavirus / Callum Hudson-Odoi Recovers From Coronavirus Symptoms (Video) / Josie Harris: Floyd Mayweather's Babymama Found Dead In Her Car (2) (3) (4)

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by 4tomandchi: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
dalass:
So he was an American?

Played the typical local African giant wrestler to perfection grin
When you tell them wrestling is acted some will swear with their balls that it's real.

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by craftyserpent: 1:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
Kamala was one of those people who made watching wrestling a wonderful experience!
Those were the days when even our mamas and papas could even tell you the names of every wrestler shown on TV grin
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by robosky02(m): 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
4tomandchi:

When you tell them wrestling is acted some will swear with their balls that it's real.

James Harris (May 28, 1950 – August 9, 2020) was an American professional wrestler, better known by the ring name Kamala. Nicknamed "The Ugandan Giant", Kamala portrayed a fearsome and simpleminded Ugandan who wrestled barefoot in war paint and a loincloth, and approached the ring wearing an African mask and carrying a spear and shield. He is best known for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in the mid-1980s and early 1990s.

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
It is a big shame rest in peace.
I know your last days have not been easy since you became and protected by losing your two legs to diabetes. Now after that Corona has finally taking your life rest in peace
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by placeofallure(f): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Memories of childhood coming in a rush. I remember Tito Kamala, I remember he's black. Don't even know anything called Africa then. I sha know my house address in Lagos. Whether Lagos dey Ghana o or e dey Canada no be my concern. We were soooooo young and innocent. I miss those days of Skylolo, Mighty Igor, Mascara and Hulk Hogan.

Rest in peace man.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by manunitedbabes: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ndo
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by slam7000(m): 2:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mcreloaded:
How time flies.
From the days of mighty Igor. Tex Mc Kenzie etc fast track to ultimate warrior and Kamala.
Wrestling was beautiful then don't know about now

Respect sir if you knew Mighty Igor and Tex McKenzie.
These guys were way back before the likes of Hulk Hogan and Undertaker.

Their contemporaries were Argentina Apollo, Big Daddy, Ivan Puski that looks like a white version of Uwaezuoke, Jimmy Superfly. Mill Mascaras.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by Mryacks: 2:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
robosky02:
Wrestling Legend Kamala Dies After Complications From Coronavirus

https://www.completesports.com/wrestling-legend-kamala-dies-after-complications-from-coronavirus/

Ahh...RIP Kamala the "Ugandan giant"....I remember as kids how we were so scared of this guy.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by eedriss17(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
Rip buddy
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by RPG2020(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
crossfm:
Kamala.The guy that never visited Africa but was package for us to believe he was from Africa.
R.I.P legend.

Na yahoo yahoo them do us
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by dklex(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2020
shaaiii , this people real lie for us no be small.

StagethemTVee:
The way Kamala took to his heels when he saw Undertaker's casket and the look on his face in their Survivor Series Bout in 1992 remains a classic anyday. Kamala was not just a wrestler, he was a comedian too.

Before Black Panther's Tchalla, We had the Ugandan Warrior. Rest well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnzc455APjA
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by earnit3: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
really
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by chubinwa(m): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
I am one of the indomie generation. I made known to say that I don't know this man and have never met him WWE even as an ardent fan of wrestling. RIP legend. you have left a solid blue print that can never be erased.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by crossfm: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
RPG2020:

Na yahoo yahoo them do us
You are right. If you tell me say this guy wasn't from Africa when we small I for fight with you.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by HimName: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
T T Kamala
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by Mcreloaded(m): 4:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
slam7000:

Their contemporaries were Argentina Apollo, Big Daddy, Ivan Puski that looks like a white version of Uwaezuoke, Jimmy Superfly. Mill Mascaras.

Thanks for the respect and it was much fun back then with black and white television.

Mighty Igor always chewing on a chicken lap while Tex Mc Kenzie was real talk and would just swing his legs over the ropes. The referee was always on black and white stripes with black shorts lol. The stripes shirt or shorts might not have been black and white but back then it was black and white tv.
How time flies

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by judedwriter(m): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
He was an African American shocked

Never knew, thought he was some savage from the remote parts of Uganda.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by ajebuter(f): 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2020
robosky02:

Good old wrestling days �

Mighty lghor!

Such a funny wrestler... grin grin grin

Always laughing, dancing and friendly even towards his opponent...

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by gsegun43: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
RIP

paulolee:
most importantly i missed wrestling back then unlike this days of comedy scripts played perfectly by performance artist they called wrestlers..

It was also scripted back then.

robosky02:
'He played the role perfectly, but was also one of the nicest guys you could meet.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by SavageMaster: 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
robosky02:
Wrestling Legend Kamala Dies After Complications From Coronavirus

https://www.completesports.com/wrestling-legend-kamala-dies-after-complications-from-coronavirus/

Wow!
Memories
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by ikorodureporta: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Kai.... that guy wey dey slap him Belle cheesy
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by paulolee(m): 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
gsegun43:
RIP

It was also scripted back then.

yeah bt not glaring like this because i was fooled for long unlike now that even my 3 yr old cousin knows..
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by godwon01(m): 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Mcreloaded:
How time flies.
From the days of mighty Igor. Tex Mc Kenzie etc fast track to ultimate warrior and Kamala.
Wrestling was beautiful then don't know about now
You failed to mentioned Mill Mascara, Dino Bravo Dino Brito, Argentina Apollo, 123 group,

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by CanadaOrBust: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
KAMALA THE UGANDAN WARRIOR!!
Poor Kamala

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by edgecution(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Same way you all believed Yokozuna was from Japan.
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
DICKstractor:
RIP

When wrestlers were men not puppets we have now
Was fake then nd still fake now
Rip to d dead tho
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by saintade01(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2020
dalass:
So he was an American?

Played the typical local African giant wrestler to perfection grin
They really fooled us all grin

Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by Ahasco(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
i've always wondered where they all are. didn't expect to here this bad news of him. so sad RIP
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by DICKstractor: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
SweetDipBenny:
Was fake then nd still fake now Rip to d dead tho
We know about that but it was more entertaining than now
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by rabzy: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
slam7000:

O boy...superfly sandoka. There was one group we tagged the 3 brothers...dont even know their names again...i loved the ultimate warrior..there was a guy too called kabuki, that sprays stuff I to people's face and also Ariba. We used to sing oloro ni Igor ta lo ni kowa ja.....Igor is a pain dispenser, how dare you come and fight
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by dalass(f): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
saintade01:

They really fooled us all grin

Wrestling is really showbiz... Giving spectators what they'd love to watch.. wink
Re: COVID-19: James Harris 'Kamala' Dies After Complications From Coronavirus by gman55(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Someone mentioned the power of Branding. This indeed is power, how an American is branded as a savage from Uganda still baffles me. Never believed or will never have believed that Kamala was an American. Power of persuasion. I wonder the lies and theories that has been forced down our throat by these marketers.

Vanessa Bryant Pays Tribute At Kobe's And Gianna Memorial Service. / Obafemi Martins Celebrates Son, Ken On His Birthday / Uloma Nwogu, The Female Referee That Officiated (Kano Vs Nasarawa)