Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn (2818 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2011
^^^^

haha
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Elo ni becomrich fun e lati polongo fun migration to beni republic ?

Ife e. Abi o n jelos ife wa ni?
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2011
Jealous bi bawo ? Alfa n jona,o n bere irugbon.Emi ti lock up ni season valentine yi o. grin
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by houvest: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
Abagworo:

What most people have failed to understand is that APGA is an Anambra party not the entire Igbo.They have zero influence in any other SE state.
As for Rochas,he is definitely going to loose because he is from Orlu.Orlu has to wait for 12 years to produce another Governor.Any Governor for 2011 must be from Okigwe zone and 2015-2023 from Owerri zone.

Abagworo:

I personally would have loved to see Rochas there but we Igbos say "Uka akparakpa Isi ka eji ekwe ya".So the rotation agreement deserves to be honored for the good of us all.

If elected Ararume will out-perform Ohakim though.

At the bolded, why do folks come and make claims without any backups and expect everyone to accept them as gospel? Why not say that that was your belief or observation instead of writing it as fact.
Apga started as an Igbo party and was actually founded by Chekwas Okorie from Abia. In their first outing in 1999, they are believed to have won the five SE states except perhaps Abia. The longdrawn out fight bw Chekwas and Umeh sapped APGA so much that they could not sustain the fight through the courts and in 2003, they performed creditably in the SE but not as well as in 99. However, the infighting in Anambra PDP helped APGA to focus on the State and with the help of Ikemba and Obi went up to the Supreme court to recover the state from PDP's Ngige. PDP's rigging in Anambra was exposed by the perpetrator himself (Ubah) to showcase how PDP snatched the other SE states and beyond from other parties ( especially APGA in the SE and AD in the SW)

APGA is in a state of recovery with many respectable SE politicians finding their home there and with their deal with Jonathan for, among other things, a free and fair election in exchange for their presidential position, many SE states may go back to APGA in the Governorship elections if Jonathan holds up his own end of the bargain.

As for Imo state, many Okigwe sons are the ones rooting for Rochas. Each of the three senatorial zones have held the position so Okigwe is not being cheated. They have actually gone twice through Mbakwe( 4 years and 3 months) and Ohakim( 4) years. Owerri is the only zone that has gone only 2 years ( Evan Enwerem) and should be the ones crying zoning not Okigwe. Okigwe people prefer good governance to ordinary bragging rights of their son being the governor because of Ohakim's gangster style of governance and a similiar style expected of Ararume. I do not believe that Rochas will lose because he is from Orlu since people are going to vote for the best candidate and not on the grounds of zoning. There is a groundswell of support for him in Imo and several polls have put him ahead of the other contenders. I will post the polls when I get hold of the online version since I have only the Newspaper version.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2011
houvest:

And can you substantiate the bolded or have you fallen into the malady of many NLanders of making spurious claims?

undecided undecidedCan you show me that what I have up there is not the case? I mean it is easy to claim it is spurious but please prove me wrong, will you? coolShow me that this is not what the 'gang' continues to spew on here, year after year.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by houvest: 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

undecided undecidedCan you show me that what I have up there is not the case? I mean it is easy to claim it is spurious but please prove me wrong, will you? coolShow me that this is not what the 'gang' continues to spew on here, year after year.

STRANGE LOGIC. Granted that this is not a court of law,however, if you wish your posts to be taken seriously you should submit yourself to the law of evidence which clearly states that the burden of proof is on he that asserts not on him that denies, "semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit". This being just an internet discussion forum, you do not carry the burden of proof and so are free to make assumptions, but to be taken seriously, you must assume that burden before you make your assertions, else, anyone can come up and make any claims and ask others to prove him wrong instead of proving himself right. That of course will make such posters unserious posters and have the danger of making the forum an unserious one.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by AndreUweh(m): 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2011
alj harem:

^^^^

kobo, sometimes you can be annoying

sometimes you can be fun,.,. now i love the new kobo smiley
S/he has always been annoying.
Imagine the bloody Igbo hater claiming that endorsement comes from Massob etc. Very nonsensical.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^ I have never been an ibo hater. If anything, you are. I just post comments on Ibos as much as any other person. Just cause you do not like my views does not make me the ibo hater here. But then again, you would have to be wearing your brain the right way up to see that.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^^^

Yes you are an Ibo hater Kobo

You hate Ibos, Hausas and Yorubas

The only people you like are Whites. Thats is why you have refused to come back to Nigeria to help out. Instead all you do is criticize hard working and honest Yoruba.

Yes, You hate Ibo. and, God will not forgive you for that
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^ I have never been an ibo hater. If anything, you are. I just post comments on Ibos as much as any other person. Just cause you do not like my views does not make me the ibo hater here.  But then again, you would have to be wearing your brain the right way up to see that. grin
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by sbeezy8: 12:03am On Feb 15, 2011
yoruba ACN igbo APGA PPA or what ever, Hausa ANPP CPC or what.

no diluting of the parties
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by ekubear1: 1:55am On Feb 15, 2011
sbeezy8:

yoruba ACN igbo APGA PPA or what ever, Hausa ANPP CPC or what.

no diluting of the parties

Why? Let the best party win.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by asha2: 2:11am On Feb 15, 2011
houvest:

At the bolded, why do folks come and make claims without any backups and expect everyone to accept them as gospel? Why not say that that was your belief or observation instead of writing it as fact.
Apga started as an Igbo party and was actually founded by Chekwas Okorie from Abia. In their first outing in 1999, they are believed to have won the five SE states except perhaps Abia. The longdrawn out fight bw Chekwas and Umeh sapped APGA so much that they could not sustain the fight through the courts and in 2003, they performed creditably in the SE but not as well as in 99. However, the infighting in Anambra PDP helped APGA to focus on the State and with the help of Ikemba and Obi went up to the Supreme court to recover the state from PDP's Ngige. PDP's rigging in Anambra was exposed by the perpetrator himself (Ubah) to showcase how PDP snatched the other SE states and beyond from other parties ( especially APGA in the SE and AD in the SW)

APGA is in a state of recovery with many respectable SE politicians finding their home there and with their deal with Jonathan for, among other things, a free and fair election in exchange for their presidential position, many SE states may go back to APGA in the Governorship elections if Jonathan holds up his own end of the bargain.

As for Imo state, many Okigwe sons are the ones rooting for Rochas.
Each of the three senatorial zones have held the position so Okigwe is not being cheated. They have actually gone twice through Mbakwe( 4 years and 3 months) and Ohakim( 4) years. Owerri is the only zone that has gone only 2 years ( Evan Enwerem) and should be the ones crying zoning not Okigwe. Okigwe people prefer good governance to ordinary bragging rights of their son being the governor because of Ohakim's gangster style of governance and a similiar style expected of Ararume. I do not believe that Rochas will lose because he is from Orlu since people are going to vote for the best candidate and not on the grounds of zoning. There is a groundswell of support for him in Imo and several polls have put him ahead of the other contenders. I will post the polls when I get hold of the online version since I have only the Newspaper version.

as for the first bolded when did that happen?

at the second bolded which okigwe sons?

Abagworo:

I personally would have loved to see Rochas there but we Igbos say "Uka akparakpa Isi ka eji ekwe ya".So the rotation agreement deserves to be honored for the good of us all.

If elected Ararume will out-perform Ohakim though.

man imo is suffering and you are talking about good of us all.good in terms of clear fraudlent guy and another itching to take over all in the name of zoning?

yeah ararume will outperfom ohakim just the way in your dreams.i do not think you know ararume's reputation.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by seanet02: 3:30am On Feb 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

S/he has always been annoying.
Imagine the bloody Igbo hater claiming that endorsement comes from Massob etc. Very nonsensical.
of course she is correct. For publicly supporting GEJ, you ibos should forget about the Presidency till 2028 (GEJ will surely come for a second term and then the north takes over in 2019 till 2028) all this if Nigeria still exists
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Mobinga: 4:19am On Feb 15, 2011
seanet02:

of course she is correct. For publicly supporting GEJ, you ibos should forget about the Presidency till 2028 (GEJ will surely come for a second term and then the north takes over in 2019 till 2028) all this if Nigeria still exists

stfu you binch asss punk! you don't know what punctuations are you oversize vulva! shocked grin grin
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 7:02am On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I have never been an ibo hater. If anything, you are. I just post comments on Ibos as much as any other person. Just cause you do not like my views does not make me the ibo hater here.  But then again, you would have to be wearing your brain the right way up to see that. grin

Cant believe you actually replied. Best thing to do is ignore that one.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 7:22am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^

Olote, oju yin ti ja

PS: ME and madam Kobo are now besties. We made up!
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by spade: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
houvest:

STRANGE LOGIC. Granted that this is not a court of law,however, if you wish your posts to be taken seriously you should submit yourself to the law of evidence which clearly states that the burden of proof is on he that asserts not on him that denies, "semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit". This being just an internet discussion forum, you do not carry the burden of proof and so are free to make assumptions, but to be taken seriously, you must assume that burden before you make your assertions, else, anyone can come up and make any claims and ask others to prove him wrong instead of proving himself right. That of course will make such posters unserious posters and have the danger of making the forum an unserious one.
Beautifully crafted response! Good one, my brother.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Feb 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Cant believe you actually replied. Best thing to do is ignore that one.

lol . . . moment of weakness ??  . . .  It's just that I find it disturbing how these nonentities continue to paint Ibos in such vile, despicable, colors on here!
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by spade: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

lol . . . moment of weakness ??  . . .  It's just that I find it disturbing how these nonentities continue to paint Ibos in such vile, despicable, colors on here!

In a way, true. There are some people in here I find quite overzealous with the ethnocentric style of reasoning. But then, like many other Igbos in real life, they do not speak for me.
Sometimes, it gets quite exasperating, to be honest.

Ah well *shrugs* It's all for the laughs, I suppose.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Mobinga: 3:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
stfu. Binch
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^^

I agree with you

All those binches should STFU
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by AndreUweh(m): 8:25pm On Feb 15, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Olote, oju yin ti ja

PS: ME and madam Kobo are now besties. We made up!
With the wrong person. Anyway, I prefer your posts to hers. That's why I don't insult you and will not do so.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by houvest: 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
lol . . . moment of weakness ?? . . . It's just that I find it disturbing how these nonentities continue to paint Ibos in such vile, despicable, colors on here!
[/quote]

Another spurious claim. Making general statements and trying to use insults to intimidate folks who call you out to substantiate your claims will not just wash.
Few examples will suffice.

[quote author=spade link=topic=604536.msg7734846#msg7734846 date=1297779171]

In a way, true. There are some people in here I find quite overzealous with the ethnocentric style of reasoning. But then, like many other Igbos in real life, they do not speak for me.
Sometimes, it gets quite exasperating, to be honest.

Ah well *shrugs* It's all for the laughs, I suppose.

Supporting a spurious claim does not make you smarter than others bros. Granted there are some overzealous Igbo posters here as there are also those, if not more from other ethnics. In the same way there are also responsible folks on the forum. Nobody really knows whom the other is as it is an anonymous forum. However the poster in question has a tendency to bracket every poster that has pro Ohaneze views as a nonentity or brainless. It is very wrong to disrespect folks with contrary views. Even if your opponents insult you, going into the gutter with them, shows you also as unprincipled. If you feel someone is overzealous, try calling him to order humbly. If he does not accept, leave him alone nd continue discussing with others. Nobody speaks for any other person here. Speak for yourself bro. Anbody who comes here and says he is speaking for all Igbos, when he is not Ohaneze, and you take him serious, you have yourself to examine not the selfglorifying person. Even though Ohaneze attempts to speak for Ndigbo, yet it does not force anyone to follow her . She only tries to lead, which Ndigbo needs. We will follow them unless we see that they have lost the right to that followership. Yet there still will be dissidents in a republican society as Igboland.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by AndreUweh(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
houvest:

lol . . . moment of weakness ?? . . . It's just that I find it disturbing how these nonentities continue to paint Ibos in such vile, despicable, colors on here!
Supporting a spurious claim does not make you smarter than others bros. Granted there are some overzealous Igbo posters here as there are also those, if not more from other ethnics. In the same way there are also responsible folks on the forum. Nobody really knows whom the other is as it is an anonymous forum. However the poster in question has a tendency to bracket every poster that has pro Ohaneze views as a nonentity or brainless. It is very wrong to disrespect folks with contrary views. Even if your opponents insult you, going into the gutter with them, shows you also as unprincipled. If you feel someone is overzealous, try calling him to order humbly. If he does not accept, leave him alone nd continue discussing with others. Nobody speaks for any other person here. Speak for yourself bro. Anbody who comes here and says he is speaking for all Igbos, when he is not Ohaneze, and you take him serious, you have yourself to examine not the selfglorifying person. Even though Ohaneze attempts to speak for Ndigbo, yet it does not force anyone to follow her . She only tries to lead, which Ndigbo needs. We will follow them unless we see that they have lost the right to that followership. Yet there still will be dissidents in a republican society as Igboland.
Houvest, once again, thanks.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
houvest:

Supporting a spurious claim does not make you smarter than others  bros. Granted there are some overzealous Igbo posters here as there are also those, if not more from other ethnics. In the same way there are  also responsible folks on the forum. Nobody really knows whom the other is as it is an anonymous forum. However the poster in question has a tendency to bracket every poster that has pro Ohaneze views as a nonentity or brainless. It is very wrong to disrespect folks with contrary views. Even if your opponents insult you, going into the gutter with them, shows you also as unprincipled. If you feel someone is overzealous, try calling him to order humbly. If he does not accept, leave him alone nd continue discussing with others. Nobody speaks for any other person here. Speak for yourself bro. Anbody who comes here and says he is speaking for all Igbos, when he is not Ohaneze, and you take him serious, you have yourself to examine not the selfglorifying person. Even though Ohaneze attempts to speak for Ndigbo, yet it does not force anyone to follow her . She only tries to lead, which Ndigbo needs. We will follow them unless we see that they have lost the right to that followership. Yet there still will be dissidents in a republican society as Igboland.

^^^ Bia, did you just discover the word "SPURIOUS" or what? You keep applying it wrongly and I keep waiting for you to figure that out but it seems in vain  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Please consult your dictionary before someone else calls you out on it.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by AndreUweh(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Bia, did you just discover the word "SPURIOUS" or what? You keep applying it wrongly and I keep waiting for you to figure that out but it seems in vain undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Irrelevant.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
houvest:

Supporting a spurious claim does not make you smarter than others  bros. Granted there are some overzealous Igbo posters here as there are also those, if not more from other ethnics. In the same way there are  also responsible folks on the forum. Nobody really knows whom the other is as it is an anonymous forum. However the poster in question has a tendency to bracket every poster that has pro Ohaneze views as a nonentity or brainless. It is very wrong to disrespect folks with contrary views. Even if your opponents insult you, going into the gutter with them, shows you also as unprincipled. If you feel someone is overzealous, try calling him to order humbly. If he does not accept, leave him alone nd continue discussing with others. Nobody speaks for any other person here. Speak for yourself bro. Anbody who comes here and says he is speaking for all Igbos, when he is not Ohaneze, and you take him serious, you have yourself to examine not the selfglorifying person. Even though Ohaneze attempts to speak for Ndigbo, yet it does not force anyone to follow her . She only tries to lead, which Ndigbo needs. We will follow them unless we see that they have lost the right to that followership. Yet there still will be dissidents in a republican society as Igboland.

^^^ Bia, did you just discover the word "SPURIOUS" or what? You keep applying it wrongly and I keep waiting for you to figure that out but it seems in vain  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^

I do want to learn.

Could you be so kind as to tell us what is wrong with his use of the word "spurious"

Instead of criticizing, why dont you just be positive for once and teach us something we dont know.

Thanks Madam Kobo
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by houvest: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2011
The new tactic is quite predictable, leave the issue and seek to distract through semantics.  This also will not wash.

spu·ri·ous  (spyr-s)
adj.
1. Lacking authenticity or validity in essence or origin; not genuine; false.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spurious

spu·ri·ous
   /ˈspyʊəriəs/  Show Spelled
[spyoor-ee-uhs]  Show IPA

–adjective
not genuine, authentic, or true; not from the claimed, pretended, or proper source; counterfeit.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spurious
spu·ri·ous Adjective   /ˈspyo͝orēəs/
Synonyms:
adjective: false, sham, counterfeit, bogus, mock, phony, phoney, dummy, supposititious, fake, artificial
1.Not being what it purports to be; false or fake
■separating authentic and spurious claims
2.(of a line of reasoning) Apparently but not actually valid
■this spurious reasoning results in nonsense
3.(of offspring) Illegitimate
http://www.google.com.ng/dictionary?q=spurious&langpair=en|en&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TPpaTduDHMqs8Ab52Y2cDg&ved=0CCUQmwMoAA

Please teacher do not teach me nonsense.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^ First off, copying the meaning is not same as learning it. You actually have to READ IT, PROCESS IT's meaning, to understand why your rant has been a silly one. But then again, I DOUBT you actually READ cause it seems more like you REACT first and then you look around to count how many brownie points ndi otu gi are willing to dole out to you for your tirade (not sure if you even use your head later) . . .lol
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by houvest: 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ First off, copying the meaning is not same as learning it. You actually have to READ IT, PROCESS IT's meaning, to understand why your rant has been a silly one. But then again, I DOUBT you actually READ cause it seems more like you REACT first and then you look around to count how many brownie points ndi otu gi are willing to dole out to you for your tirade (not sure if you even use your head later) . . .lol

Insults will not wash. Next.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lamido Sanusi's N1 Billion Property In Abuja - Facts / Islamic Development Bank Berths In Nigeria / "Baba Ijebu" Owner Kessington Adebutu Throws Election Victory Party For Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.