Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service (32021 Views)

The #nairalife Of A POS Agent Forced To Plot New Business Moves / The Nairalife Of A Family Man Who’s Content At ₦1.3m/month / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by doctuw(m): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2020
Interesting! I like the interview format.

1 Like

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Explorers(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

Not in federal civil service.
Most of u just sit at home and daydream, the reality of govt workers is not what u think.

Not everyone just sit at home and day dream like you Think.

Im with Conpcass and Contediss.
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Anijay1212(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
frubben:
Everybody na sinner for 9ja even rightousness wey dey disturd us with preaching everytime

cheesy
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Gee64: 3:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
Some guys got all the luck.
I was taking care of my parents and 6 singling even at the age of 20. I didn't inherit any tangible thing from them when they died.
I just just a teacher then.
Please visit my sigy below and take advantage of the free opportunity offered by Pi Network to enable you mine crypto using your Smartphone for FREE.

1 Like

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by lichocho(m): 3:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Even newspapers of maybe 40k dis nigas will claim 120k every month..
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Athemisia: 3:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
Fidelismaria:

"everyone finds a way to justify it "

Imagine

this is why Nigeria will always be backward, everyone justifies corruption

the amount of people waiting in line to loot the country dry are more than those waiting to save it

this country matter weak me

My brother no be small, even me self ah won join the queue... the suffer when me eye don see don too much....

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Glaswegian: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
Entertaining.
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Glaswegian: 3:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
doctuw:
Interesting! I like the interview format.

Very interesting.
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Athemisia: 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

So how will they survive with that salary
how do others who earning less than that do survive
just here defending ur fellow criminals
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by goldmatrix(m): 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
...when you need undiluted truth ask adults from 25yr down in a freestyle format..
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by goldmatrix(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

revenue generating agencies are not civil servants, rather they are public servants. Theres a difference. Public servants get paid in line with whats obtainable in the industry and also the amount of money they generate. Civil servants are strictly at the mercy of government

wow I didn't know that..
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by eedimo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
I remember
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by frog12: 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
why dey no fit use the money to fix the country?

AMvanquish:
Interesting. Spilling the beans. There's 1001 ways bosses make extra bar in government. Some positions are more lucrative than others. You block a pipe, they find another opening.
Unfortunately , the system is rigged . You have to play ball or get axed fast.
Most times the DGs/CEOs have to play ball with the superving minister, Senators/members etc. You also have to play ball with your downlines or they sabotage you.
I once overhead a discussion of a senior staff in an agency telling someone, actually swearing that if the DGs position in his agency was up for sale he would buy it for #1 billion. That even if he doesn't have the funds , he would source it. Can you imagine.
There's money in Govt, corruption and accountability is the problem.
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by darfay: 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Please how much is level 10 salary?
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by DonroxyII: 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

Most of u just sit at home and daydream, the reality of govt workers is not what u think.
So those working in parastatals are public servants ? .... While Ministries are Civil Servants
Min

1 Like

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by DonroxyII: 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
Everything he says though grin ...

May God save this Nation ... Nigeria has too many carnivorous animals milking her dry from top to bottom .... the day she stops flowing with milk , alot of people will suffer and die ...

both Sinners, hailers and the innocents cool

2 Likes

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by James4489(m): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
okk interesting
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by UNUKHASO: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
ALL INSIDE ONE LIFE, AIYE TO NJEJU AIYE
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by earnit1: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
oh
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by omohayek: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
StPete:
Tbh, this writer actually gave the honest truth about what goes on in the civil service. Almost everyone in the civil service are thieves
Given how low the salaries are, this is hardly surprising - job security can only compensate for so much. The interesting question here isn't why government employees are driven to engage in petty corruption to get by, but why the government payroll is so bloated that it can't afford to pay its employees enough for most of them to stay honest.

The answer, of course, is that every Nigerian government - at every level from the smallest LGA to the FG in Abuja - treats the public payroll as a means of patronage rather than as a tool for delivering services to the general populace. It's all about "federal character", "our turn to chop" and "our kinsmen", so every new administration expands the number of meaningless positions so that fake "jobs" can be handed out like confetti to relatives, friends, political supporters and so forth. Any attempt to rectify this is met immediately with cries about a "witch hunt" and viewed through a "tribal" lens, which is sadly all-too-often justified given how many Nigerians seem to think only people of their own particular "tribe", "village" and religion can possibly be truly qualified to hold any given position.

If Nigeria were a less artificial country whose citizens truly believed in it as an entity, it would be easy to advocate radically reducing the size of the government at every level, which in turn would make it possible to pay the ones left behind properly. Unfortunately, Nigeria is no less a "mere geographical expression" today than it was when Awolowo said so in the 1950s, so the only possible solution is to deregulate the economy enough for private sector growth to make public-sector jobs unattractive even for the usual beneficiaries of "you chop I chop" government.

4 Likes

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by tolu99: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:
i believe this is state civil service, not federal

Federal ends at 17 not 16
And Level 8 in federal service is about 50k, not 90
it depends on the MDAs, every ministry has different consolidated salaries. My that is a research institute , we start our level from 7, which is conraiss 7 and end it as a DG in 15, and its a Federal Institute and that conraiss 7 receives about 100k as a net salary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Efna55: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2020
Oga your dad was corrupt and seems you're treading his path

2 Likes

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by tolu99: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2020
SamJed:
The truth with corruption in this country is that when you are outside the system you stand against it and deride it but when you enter the system, you find a way to justify it and just incorporate yourself in the flow....the best thing is not to join the system at all because if you join the system then you MUST join the flow
exactly
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by tolu99: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

you are very wrong, i work in a Federal Institute and an entry salary for a graduate is 100k
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Yankee101: 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2020
The closest you can get to integrity in naija is a private sector. Especially an international organization

Forget integrity in government. They can even kill you if you stand in the way

4 Likes

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Professorcplus(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2020
I just have to comment. Exactly my experience during my IT Siwes. I don't think practice like this will end soon.

When Nigerians benefit from this practice we call it CONNECTION but when we didn't benefit we call it CORRUPTION. I wept for people that are morally upright because you can't be mortally upright and still be in those parastatals. Anyway na where man dey work him they change chop is their motto.

4 Likes

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by akaahs(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:
i believe this is state civil service, not federal

Federal ends at 17 not 16
And Level 8 in federal service is about 50k, not 90
Don't say what U don't know. Verified first, a level 7 in federal collect more than that 50k depends on d ministry
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by ibawon(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
Good stuff to enlighten the soul about "Government Work"
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by Rexmy(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2020
And some of us think this country can become better someday? Chai... with such attitude, I'm sorry the country will continue to sink.
I could remember a similar exposure during my industrial training at a Federal Government Parastatal in year 2012. Civil service salary is nothing to write home about but corruption levels up things for them. It's frankly obvious that our structure does nothing but promotes corrupt practices, which outrightly hurts the system. We definitely can't fight corruption unless we overhaul the system completely.

Nice interview though...

1 Like

Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by tivta(m): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

Federal is 50k, pls dont argue.

Believe what you want
Re: The #nairalife Of A Finance Man In The Civil Service by poiunt: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
allthingsgood:

So how will they survive with that salary

Salary is enough.

Greed is their slogan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / How Journalists Around The World Risk Their Lives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.