Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

How Long Does It Takes To Become A Full Stack Web Devoloper - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Long Does It Takes To Become A Full Stack Web Devoloper (2640 Views)

How Long It Takes For Back Links To Reflect In Serps / Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? / Php/joomla/java Devoloper Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Takes To Become A Full Stack Web Devoloper by ekehopp2: 6:38pm On Mar 28
tensazangetsu20:
I will comment as someone who just started learning to code in February.

A full stack developer is someone who builds the front end and back end of web applications.

Front end normal consists of HTML, CSS, JavaScript and one JavaScript Framework(react, angular or Vue).

Back end is enormous. You can use JavaScript on the backend with nodejs but there are other languages like java, PHP, c#, python. The list is endless. You also need to know at least one database for the backend side.

I have been studying at least 10 hours a day since February. I can practically count the number of times I have left home and I just finished the front end track. I try to build as I learn so maybe that's a reason for me being slow. I presently just started the backend track and it should take me another 6 months at least with the language I am learning plus I have a really really big project I want to build. A full stack application with front end and back end.

As for Jobs, omho the work plenty o. I started applying to front end developer jobs and I have already sent out 60+ applications. I have like 6 code tests In my emails. Will use the weekend to tackle them. There's so many jobs out there for developers. There's like a gazillion jobs out there men it's so scary.

I studied marine engineering and my course practically has no jobs. I remember when I graduated like they were no jobs online at all. I had to be sending my CVS to company's emails and praying someone read it.

Op if you wanna learn it, just start.
February 2020 to March 2024. I love how Nairaland provides data to study programmers career growth for the inspiration.
Truly 4 years in Tech is enough for any serious individual to turn his/her life around.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Takes To Become A Full Stack Web Devoloper by zagorakis(m): 2:35am On Mar 31
I want to start learning from python, Hope good guys?
Re: How Long Does It Takes To Become A Full Stack Web Devoloper by zagorakis(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31
[quote author=mrEseosa12 post=129200661]
I would advise you to start with Javascript the community is begginer friendly bro
[/quote
Thank you bro, I will dive into it after this python, I appreciate your guide

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Php Framework Will You Recomend / ICT Practical Intensive Training And Coaching Program / Things I Wish I Knew Before Releasing My First App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.