Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,994 members, 7,845,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Yahoo Business! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Business! (228 Views)

Yahoo Business / The Yahoo Business And The Future Of Nigerian Youths / How Teenage Girl Was Killed By Ritualists To Boost Their Yahoo Business. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Business! by Naijaflashpoint: 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Yahoo is now a trending skill eventually every young adult wants to learn as they continuously interrelate with friends, go for hangouts, scout the social media, watch the luxury and extravagant life style displayed by their mates. A recent gist on Twitter and all over other social media platforms was the case of an SS 3 student who brought a Mercedes Benz to school and and asked his teacher to hire a labourer to do the normal school clean up ahead of their exit classes!

I'm not against anyone who makes enterprise out of whatever he or she does but I'm against the boomerang effect it is causing to each and everyone of us out here on the information superhighway!

I've been a rising freelance blogger from 2018 especially on tech oriented companies and projects with the Bitcointalk forum from my tutor; Chief. Oyeodini Ebenezer (credits to him). Although this interest aroused out of my appetite in writing poems and stories etc. let me leave that explanation for another day...

In my usual way of making new friends, not forgetting my old relations with people, I stumbled into Emmanuel Umoren; a wizard in blogging and I learnt a lot especially about Fiverr a freelance service place for bloggers and buyers. But the bitter truth here is that I'm still crawling to make $50 dollar out of my services.

This truth about the storyline here is; apart from Lindaikejiblog who early mined millions from blogging, we hardly find any of her equal in Nigeria. Why? Maybe bloggers and content creators like; Ephraim Emmanuel , Raj Daniel, Arugu Enaanoe, Nwokedi Daniel Okorie, or any other person with in the street could tell me.

I have soooooooo many people say " You can't make money online with a Nigerian IP or as a Nigerian" . And to be honest, my answer is NO and YES (Thanks BankyW) ..lol

Why I said No

* There are many lucrative websites that do not really care where you are from.
* As long as you have a SKILL, then the website does not matter
* It takes honesty and harwork to make money online.

Now why I said YES, You can't make money online with a Nigerian IP or as a Nigerian;

Unfortunately, the infamous YAHOO BOYS have, for too long, damaged our reputation as honest people online. They scammed ANYTHING "Scammable" . Their greed has resulted in so many negative effect, which include :

* Blacklisting Nigerians online
* Banning of Nigerian IPs by some REALLY LUCRATIVE SITES.
* Killing the Nigerian economy by destroying chances of positive FX . Imagine if we all make dollars, Euros online, apparently, there will be better living standard for us as online business men and women.

Lately, Diezani Alison-Madueke lend her voice via CableNews.ng as thus;

"Yahoo boys is a travesty of an unfolding reality for us".

Yes, we aren't bereaved of the news about her corruption charges from the EFCC but let us swallow the bitter pills from her.

The reputable image of the Nigerian society is gradually sliding into extinction as distrust, cunning life, gimmicks, is painted as smartness. We coach children on dubious act and claim to be orienting them on business.

I wouldn't say much, my only fear is; we're now moving from a structural society to a dysfunctional one!

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Family / 15 Persons Declared Wanted Over Ekiti Festival Crisis, Killings / JUST IN: Two Killed In Renewed Tiv/jukun Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.