Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, (243 Views)

Osinbajo: Nigeria’s Problem Is Not Restructuring / Top 10 Africa's Most Populous Ethnic Groups. Yoruba is number 3 / Nigeria Needs Struggle, Not Restructuring – Osoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by meavox: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
NIGERIA NEEDS NEGOTIATIONS AMONG ETHNIC GROUPS, NOT RESTRUCTURING –AKINTOYE
Olufemi Olaniyi
Punch
August 9, 2020

The President of Yoruba World Congress, Prof Banji Akintoye, has said restructuring is no longer capable of solving the problem facing the Yoruba race in Nigeria as well as other oppressed ethnic nationalities.

The professor of History said rather than agitating for restructuring, what Nigeria leaders needed to do now was a negotiation of how they wanted the country to be.

He said this in an interview with our correspondent on Saturday.

According to him, various ethnic groups need to come together and agree on their relationship with Nigeria.

Akintoye said restructuring would not stop the invasion of various ethnic groups and massive destruction of lives and properties that had been going on for some years.

He said, “I respect people who are asking for restructuring but I belong to the large number of Yoruba people who have come to the conclusion that restructuring is no longer capable of solving the problems of Nigerian people.

“I was one of the people fighting for restructuring before now and I have written more than 50 articles on restructuring but in the light of what has been happening in Nigeria, especially since 2015, it is obvious to me that restructuring is no longer capable of solving the problems.

“For instance, I ask people, “Are you saying mere restructuring will stop the invasion of our land by the Fulani? Are you saying the people who are threatening to conquer our land, exterminate us and bring their tribal men from countries in West Africa will stop by just restructuring?

“Are you saying restructuring will be the solution to the people who are bringing foreign terrorist organisations to conquer every tribe in Nigeria? Those who are asking for restructuring are free to go on.

“But restructuring is no longer the appropriate thing to be fighting for now if a particular ethnic group is bringing foreign terrorist organisations to kill you and take over your land. Why don’t you demand a negotiation – a thorough renegotiation of our relationship rather than talking of restructuring?”

SOURCE:
https://punchng.com/nigeria-needs-negotiations-among-ethnic-groups-not-restructuring-akintoye/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Wn3VL16UvB-BdKIAZfY_JRnTyPpjqzDA4NK1jMtcWltMKphziYlqGgS8#Echobox=1596971477

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by meavox: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
GREAT NEWS!

The honest ones of the South and Middle Belt are seeing that we need BORDERS CONTROL to keep these Fulani/Arewa Sharia-supremacists off our ancestral lands. The only way to have BORDERS CONTROL is to have your own country.

Dissolution is Nigeria's solution! grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by SLAP44: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
The negotiations will end in a heavy fight, and heads will be broken.

Negotiations didn't work in after Aburi

Negotiations didn't work after the war

Negotiations didn't work after Oputa panel

Abacha constitutional conference failed

Jonathans Confab was rejected

But, dissolution will work perfectly.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by IamWonderful: 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by viyon02: 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
It is Crystal clear that we cannot longer stay together as one nation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by backnbeta(f): 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
I agree that the problem has gone past what restructuring can solve. However, negotiating our terms of peaceful cohabitation is not going to work because we are still going to remain one Nigeria and the people invading our territories will always do so because we are 'one people, one nation' and we all know that they will always enjoy immunity. Why not just demand for a total break-up of this forced, painful marriage? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by SouthNigerian: 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
In other words, we should negotiate the disintegration of Nigeria not clamouring for restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by LordIsaac(m): 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
In plain English, ONE Nigeria is a scam. Let's go our separate ways. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by Dedetwo(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2020
meavox:

NIGERIA NEEDS NEGOTIATIONS AMONG ETHNIC GROUPS, NOT RESTRUCTURING –AKINTOYE
Olufemi Olaniyi
Punch
August 9, 2020

The President of Yoruba World Congress, Prof Banji Akintoye, has said restructuring is no longer capable of solving the problem facing the Yoruba race in Nigeria as well as other oppressed ethnic nationalities.

The professor of History said rather than agitating for restructuring, what Nigeria leaders needed to do now was a negotiation of how they wanted the country to be.

He said this in an interview with our correspondent on Saturday.

According to him, various ethnic groups need to come together and agree on their relationship with Nigeria.

Akintoye said restructuring would not stop the invasion of various ethnic groups and massive destruction of lives and properties that had been going on for some years.

He said, “I respect people who are asking for restructuring but I belong to the large number of Yoruba people who have come to the conclusion that restructuring is no longer capable of solving the problems of Nigerian people.

“I was one of the people fighting for restructuring before now and I have written more than 50 articles on restructuring but in the light of what has been happening in Nigeria, especially since 2015, it is obvious to me that restructuring is no longer capable of solving the problems.

“For instance, I ask people, “Are you saying mere restructuring will stop the invasion of our land by the Fulani? Are you saying the people who are threatening to conquer our land, exterminate us and bring their tribal men from countries in West Africa will stop by just restructuring?

“Are you saying restructuring will be the solution to the people who are bringing foreign terrorist organisations to conquer every tribe in Nigeria? Those who are asking for restructuring are free to go on.

“But restructuring is no longer the appropriate thing to be fighting for now if a particular ethnic group is bringing foreign terrorist organisations to kill you and take over your land. Why don’t you demand a negotiation – a thorough renegotiation of our relationship rather than talking of restructuring?”

SOURCE:
https://punchng.com/nigeria-needs-negotiations-among-ethnic-groups-not-restructuring-akintoye/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Wn3VL16UvB-BdKIAZfY_JRnTyPpjqzDA4NK1jMtcWltMKphziYlqGgS8#Echobox=1596971477

My happiness is sourced from the fact that shithole called Nigeria tends to grow dangerously everyday. There must be a Republic of Igbo Land. Anybody who wants war will get the severe form of war.
Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by meavox: 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
SouthNigerian:
In other words, we should negotiate the disintegration of Nigeria not clamouring for restructuring.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by meavox: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
backnbeta:
I agree that the problem has gone past what restructuring can solve. However, negotiating our terms of peaceful cohabitation is not going to work because we are still going to remain one Nigeria and the people invading our territories will always do so because we are 'one people, one nation' and we all know that they will always enjoy immunity. Why not just demand for a total break-up of this forced, painful marriage? undecided

THIS IS WHAT PROF AKINTOYE IS SAYING:
SouthNigerian:
Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by meavox: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
SLAP44:
The negotiations will end in a heavy fight, and heads will be broken.

Negotiations didn't work in after Aburi

Negotiations didn't work after the war

Negotiations didn't work after Oputa panel

Abacha constitutional conference failed

Jonathans Confab was rejected

But, dissolution will work perfectly.

THIS IS WHAT PROF AKINTOYE IS SAYING:
SouthNigerian:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by Guestlander: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7KdByGK9vk

I feel sad that these people are not allowed to enjoy their retirement by the Nigerian wahala.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2020
A Daniel has come to judgment! smiley
Re: Nigeria Needs Negotiations Among Ethnic Groups, Not Restructuring –akintoye, by clarocuzioo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 11, 2020
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Biden Picks Kamala Harris As VP Nominee / Fayose: “pa Bode George, Go Take A Rest Now, I Didn’t Say Obaseki Will Lose Edo / Tribunal: “no Vacancy In Bayelsa Govt House For Now,” Says Diri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.