Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President (499 Views)

Kamala Harris Calls Joe Biden To Congratulate Him / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Kamala Harris Becomes First Woman V.P In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
A former rival for the Democratic nomination, she will be the first woman of color to be nominated for national office by a major political party.

Senator Kamala Harris spent most of her career as a prosecutor and has been a reliable ally of the Democratic establishment.

Joseph R. Biden Jr. selected Senator Kamala Harris of California as his vice-presidential running mate on Tuesday, embracing a former rival who sharply criticized him in the Democratic primaries but emerged after ending her campaign as a vocal supporter of Mr. Biden and a prominent advocate of racial-justice legislation after the death of George Floyd in late May.

Ms. Harris, 55, is the first Black woman and the first person of Indian descent to be nominated for national office by a major party, and only the fourth woman in history to be chosen for one of their presidential tickets. She brings to the race a far more vigorous campaign style than Mr. Biden’s, including a gift for capturing moments of raw political electricity on the debate stage and elsewhere, and a personal identity and family story that many find inspiring.

Mr. Biden announced the selection over text message and in a follow-up email to supporters: “Joe Biden here. Big news: I’ve chosen Kamala Harris as my running mate. Together, with you, we’re going to beat Trump.” The two are expected to appear together in Wilmington, Del., on Wednesday.

After her own presidential bid disintegrated last year, many Democrats regarded Ms. Harris as all but certain to attempt another run for the White House in the future. By choosing her as his political partner, Mr. Biden may well be anointing her as the de facto leader of the party in four or eight years.

A pragmatic moderate who spent most of her career as a prosecutor, Ms. Harris was seen throughout the vice-presidential search as among the safest choices available to Mr. Biden. She has been a reliable ally of the Democratic establishment, with flexible policy priorities that largely mirror Mr. Biden’s, and her supporters argued that she could reinforce Mr. Biden’s appeal to Black voters and women without stirring particularly vehement opposition on the right or left.

While she endorsed a number of left-wing policy proposals during her presidential bid, Ms. Harris also showed a distinctly Biden-like impatience with what she characterized as the grand but impractical governing designs of some in her party.

“Policy has to be relevant,” Ms. Harris said last summer in an interview with The New York Times. “That’s my guiding principle: Is it relevant? Not, ‘Is it a beautiful sonnet?’”

In a Twitter post Tuesday, Ms. Harris said she was honored to join Mr. Biden on the ticket. “Joe Biden can unify the American people because he’s spent his life fighting for us,’’ she wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/11/us/politics/kamala-harris-vp-biden.html

Justwise, Mynd44, Dominique.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
Regardless of the probability that Harris had to win the ticket, many Black women saw Harris as one of them. Someone who naturally understood their concerns and took great strides to describe them in detail on public stage. A whip smart sister who dedicated her life to achieving greatness, and striving against what felt like the impossible. Harris would often wax poetically about the challenges that she faced in her career, how when you break ceilings, sometimes you get cut.

But it’s what you do after that, that matters. And now as the first Black and Indian woman on a Democratic ticket, Harris has broken one of the ultimate ceilings in this country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Greenvaiper: 12:10am On Aug 12, 2020
This gboro sef dey find front page grin

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 12, 2020
BBQ seller when did you transition to foreign politics. Has BMC stopped paying your salary

4 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Ahmed0336(m): 12:31am On Aug 12, 2020
post=92719106:
Regardless of the probability that Harris had to win the ticket, many Black women saw Harris as one of them. Someone who naturally understood their concerns and took great strides to describe them in detail on public stage. A whip smart sister who dedicated her life to achieving greatness, and striving against what felt like the impossible. Harris would often wax poetically about the challenges that she faced in her career, how when you break ceilings, sometimes you get cut.

But it’s what you do after that, that matters. And now as the first Black and Indian woman on a Democratic ticket, Harris has broken one of the ultimate ceilings in this country.

bros only you post, only you carry FTC fear God o.

Biden just made the right choice. US Women will rally round him as well as black eligible voters and he will still split white folks votes with Trump.

if I were Kanye I will step down from the race and focus on my biz.
as for Trump, he have a lot of work to do.

I wish them all the best...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by ACxxxMAN: 1:02am On Aug 12, 2020
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:09am On Aug 12, 2020
Her dad was prof emeritus economics and her mom PhD endocrinologist, wow family of intellectuals, this is how it is supposed to be done

Unlike nigerians that have a penchant for selecting and electing yeye individuals into leadership positions

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:28am On Aug 12, 2020
Kekereekun123:
BBQ seller when did you transition to foreign politics. Has BMC stopped paying your salary
But when will you Nairaland nuisances grow up?
Why not leave this thread about international politics to mature people of sound mind?
Why not shut up if you have nothing to contribute to the thread OR go find your mates to troll online.
We pray you kids don't waste your time away trying to get the attention of the people who do not know if you exist in life. Share this with your kid bro greenvaiper above!
Kontinu cool
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:29am On Aug 12, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Her dad was prof emeritus economics and her mom PhD endocrinologist, wow family of intellectuals, this is how it is supposed to be done

Unlike nigerians that have a penchant for selecting and electing yeye individuals into leadership positions

Slow and steady we will get to a better Nigeria.
Naija youths should wake up and stop the same mistake we've been Making since independence.

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:30am On Aug 12, 2020
Ahmed0336:

Biden just made the right choice. US Women will rally round him as well as black eligible voters and he will still split white folks votes with Trump.

@ the bolded, you are so so right with that.
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:32am On Aug 12, 2020
Ahmed0336:

[b]if I were Kanye I will step down from the race and focus on my biz.
as for Trump, he [/b]have a lot of work to do.

@the second bolded,
Don't mind Kanye, he is only joking,
(Atleast, that is the way we see it.)
his wife actually said he was having malaria when he came out to say he wanna contest! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by ednut1(m): 1:38am On Aug 12, 2020
Ahmed0336:

if you do not understand usa elections why put mouth. Electoral college determines who wins not popular votes. This is usa not Nigeria. Trump lost popular vote last time around

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 12, 2020
post=92720321:

But when will you Nairaland nuisances grow up?
Why not leave this thread about international politics to mature people of sound mind?
Why not shut up if you have nothing to contribute to the thread OR go find your mates to troll online.
We pray you kids don't waste your time away trying to get the attention of the people who do not know if you exist in life. Share this with your kid bro greenvaiper above!
Kontinu cool
i have left Nigeria for a better land and making progress. Unlike you who sold your conscience to support a failure like Buhari. Its clear they have discarded you now. Dead meat seller
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by dasparrow: 2:01am On Aug 12, 2020
Congrats to Senator Kamala. Now let's wait for November 3rd, shall we?

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 12, 2020
post=92720328:

Slow and steady we will get to a better Nigeria.
Naija youths should wake up and stop the same mistake we've been Making since independence.
Hahahaha grin
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:35am On Aug 12, 2020
listowell:

Hahahaha grin
Hohohoho grin
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 12, 2020
post=92720685:
Hohohoho grin
Yeah, that carton needs foundation negotiation. Ain't making any progress as it is now.
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by budaatum: 3:14am On Aug 12, 2020
Grew on two fences is my vote already.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris?wprov=sfla1

Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by salford1: 3:19am On Aug 12, 2020
Ahmed0336:

Asians would rally around her as well.

Well Indians, those ones love their own too and Kamala relates with them well too. There are over 1 million eligible Indian voters in the US not adding other south eastern Asians like Bangladeshi, SriLankan and Pakistanis.

The Chinese and far eastern Asians: Trump already disrespected those ones by calling Covid kung flu, china plague, China virus e.t.c. people were assaulting them after Trump pulled his usual race cards.

She has really played her cards well.
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Andrew13: 3:50am On Aug 12, 2020
Kekereekun123:
see who is quoting mod. You posted politics in travel sector. You should be banned too. Felix suya seller who sold his soul
lol the guy is always quoting mods
Re: Kamala Harris Is Biden’s Choice For Vice President by Mynd44: 4:54am On Aug 12, 2020

(1)

Trump Might End Up In Maximum Prison After His Tenure. / Politicians Can’t Seize Power In America –Biden / Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Vows To Keep On With Attacks Against Hamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.