Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money (585 Views)

Please Help, He Has Refused To Refund My Money / You Don't Chase Money, You Attract Money. How To Make The Most From The Online / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by SpeedyPuff: 4:05am On Aug 12, 2020
Hello Nairalanders
Please take your time to read through, and tell me what advice you'd offer this guy if you were in my shoes.

So there's this close friend of mine who recently confided in me with his plans of leaving school in pursuit of "quicker, bigger money".

We are both 100 level students of pharmacy at UNN. According to him, he's been learning about money during this lockdown period, and is ever determined to start making his paper as soon as possible.

This is not my first time hearing such talks from undergraduates, but I just wasn't expecting this change of heart from a brilliant student of pharmacy. In UNN, we pharmacy students pride ourselves as the bop daddies and hot cakes of the campus for so many reasons. The chief of them being the lucrativeness of the profession.

Even though I'm still a young blood in the department and still have a long way to go in learning the vocation, I am already acquainted with the fact that community pharmacies are robust cash cows for the licensed owners. And trust me when I say that WE ALL have our eyes going in that direction. Well, except my friend.

I was captivated by his confidence as he explained to me why schooling was going to contradict his wealth creation agenda.

My man worries that he has to devote at least 7 years of his life (D.Pharm) to cramming structures, doing labs, sitting for professional exams, and all manners of boring paper work in pursuit of a license. Only to go out there like the rest to set up a pharmacy store that will pump in 'mediocre' money.

I was even all the more amazed when he got into details of how he plans to make his money. He wants to become a digital marketer, and will invest his profits into other lucrative ventures as time goes on.

He seems, or claims to understand little by little, the science of getting rich. He didn't have to tell me that he has been reading books on the subject for me to know that something was different.

I have analyzed this guy and noticed that he considers speed a the most crucial factor when it comes to reaching his ideal net worth. But inasmuch as I'd like to be supportive of his novel ideas, I still believe that he should calm down and go through school first. But everytime I try talking him into schooling, he terms me an 'unbeliever'. I've tried several formats to drum into his head the idea that schooling is necessary and that a Pharmaceutical license will not be a waste of time, since healthcare persists as one of the world's largest, ever-booming industries.

So I've made this post, not to solicit for ways to discourage my friend from pursuing his dreams. Or to impose my life's blueprints on him, but to help him see how schooling can help him scale up his net worth faster than he expects.

Please drop your piece of wisdom on this matter �. I want to know how best to get through to him. This is a decision that will either make or mar him.
Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Righteousness89(m): 4:15am On Aug 12, 2020
Money Has Wings! When you Make it a Do or Die affair, it Flies! You may keep Chasing until you enter a Trap or your Grave..

Chase what is Important! Money will Chase you..

Life is Not by Struggle! It is a Gift From God..

Make God your Topmost Priority! In Heart and in Action..

4 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Twelfthman: 4:29am On Aug 12, 2020
Look man. Your friend has passion for his dreams. He can see it. It is so real to him. That is all that is needed to make him successful in the business. Sorry I lack words to discourage your friend. A lot of people with certificate are out there with no job. Some people even quit their job to start up their own businesses...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Huee(f): 4:33am On Aug 12, 2020
I hope this helps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Stephenomozzy(m): 6:45am On Aug 12, 2020
The best you can do for him is to help him see that "an ability to multitask" is also a great factor in achieving success.

The hustle is not a bed of roses, irrespective of tbe path you choose. Offer an advice for him to try his first test of multitasking by continuing his education in pharmacy as well as pursuing his new epiphany!

But he should know this, usually opportunities might come from even his digital marketing gigs that he might not be able to get just because of societal discrimination against drop outs in this part of the world.

The most you can do for him is wish him the best and he should make his decision with moderate expectations. Theory is way different from practice in the real world. Those monies he's reading in books as achievable are only "best case scenarios" - there's no guarantee that he'll make that same much in the same time as he read. But if that's what his heart wants.. He should go for it.

And like Erigga advice "E work for me nor mean say e go work for Uche"

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Cradle007: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2020
Twelfthman:
Look man. Your friend has passion for his dreams. He can see it. It is so real to him. That is all that is needed to make him successful in the business. Sorry I lack words to discourage your friend. A lot of people with certificate are out there with no job. Some people even quit their job to start up their own businesses...

Well said

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Unclesamo(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2020
How I wished I took his steps earlier when I was an undergraduate.

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by FunnyDude(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2020
Op, you're the person.

I don't usually comment on Nairaland. But your post struck me.

I graduated from the same UNN Nsukka campus in 2016. A friend of mine that graduated from Pharmacy department is earning 80k right now. See, no course is that special nowadays.

For most courses there is supply more than the demand.

For you to know, I am a Copywriter and Digital Marketing Strategist.

I learnt every of my skills after my graduation from UNN.

I finished from a department in Abuja Building.

I guess you know the Abuja building?

My advice is that he should go for both. Nothing stop him from running those two simultaneously.

Bro this is Nigeria.

Education is important at least for future sake.

Money is important too.

Mind him, he is yet to succeed in his new found love (hustle)

He should succeed first, before thinking of quitting. That's a smart move.

He should never put his egg in a basket.

Let me share a story,

There was a time my business was so down due to unforeseen issues, I dusted my certificate to get a new role in a company, my skills paved the way, till I was back to life.

Now I'm getting offers almost everyweek with better pay.

What if I don't have cert? I'd have go on to look for a security job. Lols

See, having both (cert + hustle) is good.

Show him this post if you can please.

God bless you for helping him.

Funnydude!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2020
@op, if you are the one, why not get your certificates first, you will need it in future, i know of many business men who are looking for that certificate for their pharmacy shops also if its possible why not do the business as a side hustle in school so that you wont loose on both sides.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by donjazet(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
Money Has Wings! When you Make it a Do or Die affair, it Flies! You may keep Chasing until you enter a Trap or your Grave..

Chase what is Important! Money will Chase you..

Life is Not by Struggle! It is a Gift From God..

Make God your Topmost Priority! In Heart and in Action..

Sometimes you are just being stupid for the sake of it. Someone is asking for a good solution to a problem and you just had to stupidly turn it into a religious issue. Are you okay at all? Is your head correct? I think it's high time you were banned from this forum. What sort of nonsense is this?

3 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by SpeedyPuff: 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Thanks
Twelfthman
Huee
Stephenomozzy for your inputs. I deeply appreciate your opinions on this matter and would give it more thought.

FunnyDude, I also appreciate your contribution and your sharpness to catch me grin. Yes, I am my friend, my friend is me.

Yunno, I have never thought about 'starting before quitting' as you put it up there. But you must know that pharmacy is not a moi-moi course where you are at liberty to multitask. The academic workload makes every other side hustle unfeasible.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by SpeedyPuff: 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Chimpretty:
@op, if you are the one, why not get your certificates first, you will need it in future, i know of many business men who are looking for that certificate for their pharmacy shops also if its possible why not do the business as a side hustle in school so that you wont loose on both sides.

Pharmacy is not a discipline that allows one enough spare time to pursue anything else on the side.
Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
SpeedyPuff:

Pharmacy is not a discipline that allows one enough spare time to pursue anything else on the side.
ok but the degree is worth it if he can continue with his education

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by FunnyDude(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
SpeedyPuff:
Thanks
Twelfthman
Huee
Stephenomozzy for your inputs. I deeply appreciate your opinions on this matter and would give it more thought.

FunnyDude, I also appreciate your contribution and your sharpness to catch me grin. Yes, I am my friend, my friend is me.

Yunno, I have never thought about 'starting before quitting' as you put it up there. But you must know that pharmacy is not a moi-moi course where you are at liberty to multitask. The academic workload makes every other side hustle unfeasible.

It's true, pharmacy in UNN serious like crazy. As in like madddddd.... When I was at Eni Njoku hostel, my pharmacy friends hardly have time to socialize like us that always frequent chitis for new evening catch.. grin
Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Millennialaku(m): 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
SpeedyPuff:
Hello Nairalanders

Make i pretend say you no be that your "friend" grin grin

I fvck with your friend and judging by how you described him, our beliefs resonate very well ........though i am supposed to graduate this year(computer science)...no thanks to corona sad

you can literally make MILLIONS monthly from digital marketing if you take your time to master whatever niche you choose to follow(this takes months or years of learning, even from failures along the way )

you have;

1, drop shipping e.g shopify, jumia, konga
2, affiliate marketing (accompanied with email marketing and writing copy) e.g woo commerce, click bank, amazon affiliate, warrior plus etc
3, content creation e.g youtube amazon kindle and the rest of them

American millennials and even generation z are ditching college because they are making millions from the internet as younglings and see no reason for college. digital marketing can make you millions while you sleep

Take your time, go through YouTube and research in-depth on the areas i listed out for you......... you will understand your friend better.

I saw a man in my street this morning hurrying to work with his heavy one hand on his shoulder. i have known him since i was a kid. i immediately remembered this quote

IF YOU DONT MAKE MONEY WHILE YOU SLEEP, YOU WILL WORK TLL YOU DIE- WARREN BUFFET

i have not made up to a million yet, but............I am a work in progress and i believe with my whole heart in the process cool

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Asadujames202(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2020
FunnyDude:
Op, you're the person.

I don't usually comment on Nairaland. But your post struck me.

I graduated from the same UNN Nsukka campus in 2016. A friend of mine that graduated from Pharmacy department is earning 80k right now. See, no course is that special nowadays.

For most courses there is supply more than the demand.

For you to know, I am a Copywriter and Digital Marketing Strategist.

I learnt every of my skills after my graduation from UNN.

I finished from a department in Abuja Building.

I guess you know the Abuja building?

My advice is that he should go for both. Nothing stop him from running those two simultaneously.

Bro this is Nigeria.

Education is important at least for future sake.

Money is important too.

Mind him, he is yet to succeed in his new found love (hustle)

He should succeed first, before thinking of quitting. That's a smart move.

He should never put his egg in a basket.

Let me share a story,

There was a time my business was so down due to unforeseen issues, I dusted my certificate to get a new role in a company, my skills paved the way, till I was back to life.

Now I'm getting offers almost everyweek with better pay.

What if I don't have cert? I'd have go on to look for a security job. Lols

See, having both (cert + hustle) is good.

Show him this post if you can please.

God bless you for helping him.

Funnydude!

Of the greatest lion

You must be one of those naughty boys for Franco taunting girls with the yelling "see tanker" "see tanker"
Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by Millennialaku(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
lalasticlala
Re: Help! He Wants To Drop Out And Chase Money by FunnyDude(m): 4:39am On Aug 13, 2020
Asadujames202:

Of the greatest lion

You must be one of those naughty boys for Franco taunting girls with the yelling "see tanker" "see tanker"

Tanker grin

What a sweet memory

(1) (Reply)

Your Ibadan Plug For Knotless Braids, Regular Braids, And All Female Hairstyles / Banks Not Doing Enough To Protect POS Users / Best USA Bitcoin Wallet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.