Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections (448 Views)

Man Seen Dumping Waste Lagos Gutter Arrested, Prosecuted (pictures) / Edo, Ondo Elections Party Primaries: INEC Fixes Date / Jimi Agbaje Exposes Bola Tinubu As Owner Of Alphabeta Used Siphoning Lagos Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by nairapark: 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lagos State Peoples Democratic Party, cautioned the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu against spending funds belonging to the state on the upcoming governorship elections in Ondo and Edo states.

In a press statement by the Lagos PDP’s spokesperson, Gani Taofik, titled ‘Resist wasting Lagos funds on Ondo” on Wednesday.

In the statement, the party raised an alarm that there would “most likely be a diversion of Lagos funds into the APC Ondo state governorship contest”.

It alleged that making Sanwo-Olu the Chairman of APC campaign council for the Ondo election was a way of asking him to finance the election.

The statement read, “The selection of Sanwoolu as Head of the APC Ondo State Governorship campaign council cannot be for his political experience but because the APC intends to use Lagos funds to run the Ondo elections.

“The party urge the Lagos State Commissioner for Finance and the Accountant General to prepare for accountability within this period of Edo and Ondo elections.

“We will invite EFCC and also support the legal protest against this selection targeted at diverting Lagos taxes in the face of colossal infrastructure inadequacies begging for attention in the state.

“Governor Sanwoolu should show empathy to Lagosians by rejecting the Greek gift selection as head of the APC campaign council, so as to concentrate on his much-touted quest to improve the state development.

“For the PDP, the state will be further plunged into avoidable debts and infrastructure deficits if the governor delves into such party assignments obviously distractive and prodigal at this time.”

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1597231540/pdp-sanwo-olu-don-waste-lagos-funds

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by Amotolongbo(f): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
Why don’t PDP tell Wike this also?

7 Likes

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by seunmsg(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
But Wike can waste Rivers money on Edo, right?

6 Likes

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by Iamgrey5(m): 1:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Why waste Lagos fund on Edo elections for God sake?

I will rather he dump the money in Lagoon, Edo state is not worth the effort.

It's not the most important State when it comes to Natural resources, Security, Economy, Population or Landmass in the country.

3 Likes

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by softeeg: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
lol! Polictics of money instead of well being
Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by helinues: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Make Pdp campaign with their election promises, no they won't but will prefer to attack personalities.

Pdp, the most useless political party in Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by GamalNasser: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
That's not Sanwo Olus call but Tinubus call to make ..PDP don't like they don't know who calls all the shots in Lagos
Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by helinues: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Why waste Lagos fund on Edo elections for God sake?

I will rather he dump the money in Lagoon, Edo state is not worth it.

Don't tell me you are believing Pdp's usual wailing
Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by Iamgrey5(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
helinues:

Don't tell me you are believing Pdp's usual wailing
I don't even believe them

I just wanted to point out how useless Edo state is to anyone in the Southwest.

At no point has APC won Edo state in a national election. So what exactly is the usefulness of Edo to Tinubu even if he has a presidential ambition.
Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by helinues: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I don't even believe them

I just wanted to point out how useless Edo state is to anyone in the Southwest.

At no point has APC won Edo state in a national election. So what exactly is the usefulness of Edo to Tinubu even if he has a presidential ambition.

Abi now, Pdp and their miscreants have been reasoning from there anus these days

1 Like

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by yemmight(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
Do we still have PDP in Lagos?
Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by Karlifate: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
So, rejecting the position of campaign chairman of his party mean empathy

This Gani Taofik sef.

Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by muykem: 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
PDP is actually campaign for APC unknowingly. Many people will support POI think big money will be coming from Lagos.
Re: PDP To Sanwo-olu: Don't Waste Lagos Funds On Edo, Ondo Elections by explorer250(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
lol

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Inspects Usugbenu Maize Farm, Edo Central Senatorial District. / NDDC Probe: Akpabio Dares National Assembly (unbelievable) / "Incumbents Run On Achievements, Obaseki Running On Excuses, Blackmail" – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.