Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG (21979 Views)

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko / Yul Edochie Begs FG: Release Kanu And Igboho; Follow Line Of Peace, Dialogue / FRSC To Carry Guns – House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by optimus106(m): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2020
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by gift2xl: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2020
I think that's not possible.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, AM PLUS 1 TODAY.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by hucienda: 7:26am On Aug 13, 2020
The second amendment! - naija version cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Deborah98(f): 7:26am On Aug 13, 2020
Yes ooooh, Same way these small small boys carry gun to kill people,fg should consider it biko
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Royalfurnitures: 7:28am On Aug 13, 2020
Done of the irresponsible guys,herdsmen,kidnappers carrying those guns have the backing of some powerful people in govt,hence govt can't stop them

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by onward4life(m): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2020
Oh mi gold

Shiit just turned grey!!!

Wen I see hismamaGrillz, salarki, hisanus, etc

Infinite Ammo

The luckiest gets headshot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by colestephan86: 7:30am On Aug 13, 2020
Le124:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/breaking-let-responsible-citizens-carry-guns-others-ortom-begs-fg/
The only good and harmless Nigerian is the dead one.
Waiting for your comments.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by lexy2014: 7:31am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The problem is that we will misuse the gun.

That is when you see father killing children, wife killing husband and siblings killing themselves with these guns.

The best solution is to prevent guns entering the country and the herdsmen maurauding our society.

Don’t let us introduce a disaster to curb menace

Who will implement or carry out this "best solution"?

1 Like

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by michoim(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2020
Nonsense. Responsible citizens, indirectly means politicians, looters etc
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by anonimi: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2020
iyofason:
Ortom said this in response to the 'new norm', which is that 'harmlesspeople' are being killed. People are already being killed, so arming Nigerians will curb such; like they say, attackis the best form of defense. The only difference here is that it would be a virtual attack, so to say. After all there are many common weapons that can kill yet we live with them without your so called disaster occuring.

So on point.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10121845_yb6_jpeg6efc819abc556837c135f3de7c88daa1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10961262_10391177fulaniherdsmen1jpeg0467f0eb2573f09856ce2de6211dc65b_jpeg_jpegeaf5dd8afa762babf4474e648cfa2fdf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10991306_unnamed_jpegeb81ef0de119b1bcb59ef5b3f061480c

1 Like

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by UjuJoan2: 7:32am On Aug 13, 2020
That's what the westerners said. . . . Now those "responsible Citizens" are shooting up schools.

We need to avoid going down that road here in Nigeria. It will be the beginning of the end!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Tumbulum: 7:34am On Aug 13, 2020
See all them saying noo and asking useless questions. This is the only sensible thing to do at this moment. This will restore order and respect for human life in this country. Tell me if Fulani militia would have operated with impunity of all the villages could match them with the same amount of fire power.
The killing will continue because those who kill are invincible and those who are killed are powerless.
I support guns for every responsible Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by fredwill1357(m): 7:34am On Aug 13, 2020
This is a very good idea, I don't support AK47 though, pistols and shotguns are okay, arming the vigilantes and securing agencies with AK47 is also very welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by frankmoney(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2020
slivertongue:

u are a southerner I guess. ortom only said the obvious. u can't survive marauders if u ain't armed to the teeth. waiting on the state is suicide.
even the USA that's a sane country has so many gun related problems and you want them to be introduced in Nigeria ... How do you even determine if they are responsible ? Does Nigeria have any database for background check and previous criminal activities ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by SaintAkon(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2020
Pls they allow it for self defense
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Bambambiglo: 7:37am On Aug 13, 2020
slivertongue:
allow ‘responsible citizens’ to carry guns such as AK47 to prevent criminals from attacking harmless Nigerians.

So why are you repeating the statement, are you alright at all?
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by jaxxy(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Who is a responsible citizen?? Lol. Plsss

B4 people can carry guns the government needs to collect data and have all necessary information about such people, their history, health, association and many other info. Nobody is responsible just like dat without proof and necessary strict checks and monitoring.

It wud be better to form vigilante groups instead and provide them arms lawfully to support the security systems. That wud be more responsible and easier to monitor and control.

1 Like

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by batstan(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Your sentimental opinion and incompetence stinks.

Why don't you buy for the people as an empowerment achievement, since you got nothing to show.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Efejustoocute(m): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Valid, for self defense.

1 Like

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by MrAkata: 7:38am On Aug 13, 2020
It's weird seeing people argue against this in the post.

Mental slavery is a disease

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Brushstrokes20: 7:39am On Aug 13, 2020
Spot on! Enough of nonsense...
No terrorists or herdsmen has monopoly to violence and killing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Carter4luv(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2020
Responsible citizens to carry Gun, u should know that all our leaders are not save, cause the youths we kill Dem all. Oga governor dis ur idea is unacceptable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by batstan(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2020
onward4life:
Oh mi gold

Shiit just turned grey!!!

Wen I see hismamaGrillz, salarki, hisanus, etc

Infinite Ammo

The luckiest gets headshot

grin
You are a junkies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by InvertedHammer: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2020
/
Nigerians are their own worst enemies. An irresponsible government asked the citizens to turn over their weapons years ago and some morons sheepishly did that. If I live in Nigeria, I will be damned if I turn over any weapons to them. Now the citizens are helpless while Buhari boys roam around with AK-47s.

/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Wasky101: 7:41am On Aug 13, 2020
slivertongue:
point blank
In a country where our mantra is "do you know who I am"
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by BigBashiru: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
And what is the real definition of responsible citizens?

Majority of Nigerian citizens have been rendered irresponsible by the actions and activities of our leaders. I’m afraid to say sanity has almost eluded us in Nigeria.

Let us use our police as case study, aren’t they responsible enough before joining the force and handed guns?
After being handed guns, can you see hpow responsible they are now?

Stop blaming leaders.... such a lame excuse.... blame urselves..
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Jayslyder: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2020
Why do I feel indifferent about this??

Cause Nigerians being the animals that we are will surely abuse this.. Headlines like "Student shoots SARS official over extortion " ,wife shoots husband's lover in cold blood ","NUTRW official shoots driver over a paltry sum ", "student shoots lecturer over his final year project "!

Nonetheless though we need to find a way to protect ourselves!!but let it not be with arms!!

2 Likes

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by karkel(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2020
To examined the BokoHaram violenceinnorthernNigeriausingtheanalyticallensof
statefailurethroughstate-levelanalysis.Italsostressedthatthesocioeconomicandpoliticalgrievances
intheNorth-EasternregionofNigeriadonotonlycontributetotheoperationalsuccessofBokoHaram
butalsotothecontinuinginabilityoftheNigerianstatetodealwiththechallengetoensurenational
prosperityeffectively.Havingestablishedthatthecurrent“sectarian”conflictinNigeriaisafactorof
Nigeriastatefailurethegovernmentthereforeneedstoactivelyrespondtotheplightofitspeople.
Increasingratesofpovertyandunemploymentshouldbeseriouslyaddressedandmoreattentionneeds
tobeaccordedtosecurityissuesinthecountry.Thegovernmentalsoneedstoensureadequate
protectionofdomesticculturesandeconomiesintheageofneo-liberalglobalisation.
GJHSS-FClassification:FORCode:040608
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by igenebai(m): 7:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Because most you are not been affected that is why some of you will not agree...let your family members be killed in a brutal way then you will see a need to defend yourself when the govt can..

2 Likes

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by InfinityFabric: 7:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
And what is the real definition of responsible citizens?

Majority of Nigerian citizens have been rendered irresponsible by the actions and activities of our leaders. I’m afraid to say sanity has almost eluded us in Nigeria.

Let us use our police as case study, aren’t they responsible enough before joining the force and handed guns?
After being handed guns, can you see how responsible they are now?
Stop using "us", how many people have you met out of the 150 Million+ we have ?
If you're mad, speak for yourself. Ahah!

2 Likes

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Exmilitant(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2020
I got a guns already.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by IamOrei(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2020
Dis man doesn’t know what he’s saying. The USA is trying to stop dis, he’s asking d FG to start it.
How can we describe a responsible citizen?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamu Seeks Waiver For Islamic Board: CAN, Labour, Rights Activist Kick / The Arrestors Of Today Would Be Arrested Tomorrow - Fayose Reacts / 2023: Change Shettima, Lalong Before Sept 20, Northern Stakeholders Tell APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.