Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,722 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Help! Someone Scammed My In-law... I Have His Mobile Number - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! Someone Scammed My In-law... I Have His Mobile Number (516 Views)

Man Kills Girlfriend With A Machete For Destroying His Mobile Phone (Pictures) / Ann: Nigerian Man Scammed My Heart, My Soul, My Money - American Woman / Photo Of Auchi Poly Student Who Commits Suicide, 'Wills His Mobile Phone" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Someone Scammed My In-law... I Have His Mobile Number by nnadychuks(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone... I got a call from my in-law Today, he’s a building materials dealer; he was scammed when someone who was supposed to pay the sum of 192k showed him fake alert.
At the instance, the scammer showed my in-laws name through his mobile app (fidelity as he said) but he wasn’t sure if the transaction was approved. Afterwards, the scammer brought out his Other smaller phone to reveal the Fake debit Alert he received and claimed the reason my in-law hasn’t received his alert is because of poor network. This convinced my in-law to load the goods into the vehicle.

I’d say my in-law wasn’t smart, but he was only clever enough To try checking his account balance via mobile app only after the goods had been loaded.

In the process, haven being distracted by other customers the scammer sneaked into his vehicle and zoomed off.

After some while, my in-law called the scammer through the mobile number on the receipt. The scammer guy said he’s coming to transfer again today but after that call, the line has been switched off...

What’s the possibility of getting hold of him if:
1. The mobile number (0810 403 9590) is not on WhatsApp
2. The scammer is just a random guy, the name on the receipt is Hon. Ibiri (Might be false??)

3. We don’t even have his address but we might describe the vehicle used.
4. He doesn’t remember the Plate number on the vehicle so the only clue we have is the mobile number and the name
Re: Help! Someone Scammed My In-law... I Have His Mobile Number by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
go report the case to the police as NL high court of justice cant help you on this one.
Re: Help! Someone Scammed My In-law... I Have His Mobile Number by Thomthom(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2020
Nigerians are not wise that is why yahoo boys and scammers always cash out on a daily basis.. Sorry for the loss.. tell your uncle that he should never let his customer leave his shop without getting alert on his phone.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Someone Scammed My In-law... I Have His Mobile Number by TheEnlightenedO(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
ONGOING na him be this matter

(1) (Reply)

Transporter Arrested With 375 Rounds Of Ammunition In Niger State (photo) / Man Lays At Busy Road Waiting For DJ Cuppy's Ferrari To 'jam' Him (video) / Residents Seize Helicopter That Mistakenly Landed At Oluku, Edo State(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.