Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) (5974 Views)

Differences Between Demonic Initiation And Christian Spiritual Awakening / Learn How The 16 Odu Ifa Warn You For Free Without Consulting Babalawo / US Rapper; 21savage Practices Ifa Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
IFA & ORISA INITIATION

There are several steps that may be taken on the road to Ifa Initiation.

ISEFA : This is when you receive your one hand of Ifa and protection Ide for your wrist. This is a preliminary step to initiation for those who want to receive the shrine of Ifa but are not ready to gain full initiation. This give a person access to Ifa for weekly prayer request, communication, to be able to give offerings to Ifa, etc.

ITEFA : Itefa is full initiation to Ifa. When Initiating to Ifa you will usually prepare ahead of time for travel to Nigeria with your spiritual family, Babalawo and Iyanifa who will come together with other members of the community in Nigeria who will take you through the process to receive the rituals, rites, ceremonies to consecrate your spirit with the spirit of Ifa.

ORISA INITIATION : Orisa Initiation crowns you to the Ase of the Orisa and their spiritual characteristics by placing their power into your spirit via your Ori. Prior to Orisa initiation and after, an Orisa devotee is dedicated to connecting with their shrines and learning and growing in the wisdom of the Orisa. A reading is usually done early on to see which Orisa governs your Ori (inner spirit/head) or it may be revealed through general divination. This gives insight to the Orisa that is very important for you to connect to spiritually. Many times one may receive the shrine of their Orisa prior to Initiation to begin the process of communicating with their Orisa and developing a more personal relationship. The Initiation ceremony to any Orisa is an act of being reborn into a new role/life that brings about necessary and positive changes in your life leading you to the path of achieving your most positive destiny. Initiation to Orisa will be done under the guidance of your Babalorisa and/or Iyalorisa. You will travel with them to Nigeria for at least a week to embark on your journey to Initiation.

ORISA INITIATION IS OFFERED FOR THE FOLLOWING ORISA

Sango
Osun
Oya
Esu
Egbe
Ogun
Obatala
Olokun
Iyemonja, etc.

Whichever deity you believe matches your aura.

If you belong to other tribes, consult your elders about your tribes traditional religion and get yourself initiated in your respective native societies.

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by illicit(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ifa my ass

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
illicit:
Ifa my ass

Jesus my shy.t and muhammad my di.ck.

6 Likes

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by illicit(m): 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

Jesus my shy.t and muhammad my di.ck.
lol I don't have a religion anymore

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:40am On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:

Good for you

3 Likes

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 3:28am On Aug 13, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
IFA & ORISA INITIATION

There are several steps that may be taken on the road to Ifa Initiation.

ISEFA : This is when you receive your one hand of Ifa and protection Ide for your wrist. This is a preliminary step to initiation for those who want to receive the shrine of Ifa but are not ready to gain full initiation. This give a person access to Ifa for weekly prayer request, communication, to be able to give offerings to Ifa, etc.

ITEFA : Itefa is full initiation to Ifa. When Initiating to Ifa you will usually prepare ahead of time for travel to Nigeria with your spiritual family, Babalawo and Iyanifa who will come together with other members of the community in Nigeria who will take you through the process to receive the rituals, rites, ceremonies to consecrate your spirit with the spirit of Ifa.

ORISA INITIATION : Orisa Initiation crowns you to the Ase of the Orisa and their spiritual characteristics by placing their power into your spirit via your Ori. Prior to Orisa initiation and after, an Orisa devotee is dedicated to connecting with their shrines and learning and growing in the wisdom of the Orisa. A reading is usually done early on to see which Orisa governs your Ori (inner spirit/head) or it may be revealed through general divination. This gives insight to the Orisa that is very important for you to connect to spiritually. Many times one may receive the shrine of their Orisa prior to Initiation to begin the process of communicating with their Orisa and developing a more personal relationship. The Initiation ceremony to any Orisa is an act of being reborn into a new role/life that brings about necessary and positive changes in your life leading you to the path of achieving your most positive destiny. Initiation to Orisa will be done under the guidance of your Babalorisa and/or Iyalorisa. You will travel with them to Nigeria for at least a week to embark on your journey to Initiation.

ORISA INITIATION IS OFFERED FOR THE FOLLOWING ORISA

Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, etc.

Whichever deity you believe matches your aura.

If you belong to other tribes, consult your elders about your tribes traditional religion and get yourself initiated in your respective native societies.
There is no need to travel anywhere, there is no need of hocus-pocus, hence no need of babalawo or iyanifa, there is no need of blindfolding, there is no need for face and/or body paints, there is no need of ritualising, there is no of initiation ceremony(ies), there is no need for Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, Saponna et cetera deities to match your aura, because you just come to God, the Lord God, who is One, simply just the way, you are, just stay put wherever you are, without any need of travelling anywhere and the beauty, is that, you also have no need of any gods/deities before Him

Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, Saponna et cetera deities dont promise anyone salvation of their souls (i.e. "ori" in Yoruba mythology is soul), they dont and havent promised to, forever, fix and resolve the scourge of sin, death, sickness, sorrow, affliction, hurt, pain et cetera finally or once and for all
Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 3:42am On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:
You actually and really need to have religion. You need to have pure and undefiled religion, the sort of religion, that God finds no fault in.

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:34am On Aug 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
There is no need to travel anywhere, there is no need of hocus-pocus, hence no need of babalawo or iyanifa, there is no need of blindfolding, there is no need for face and/or body paints, there is no need of ritualising, there is no of initiation ceremony(ies), there is no need for Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, Saponna et cetera deities to match your aura, because you just come to God, the Lord God, who is One, simply just the way, you are, just stay put wherever you are, without any need of travelling anywhere and the beauty, is that, you also have no need of any gods/deities before Him

Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, Saponna et cetera deities dont promise anyone salvation of their souls (i.e. "ori" in Yoruba mythology is soul), they dont and havent promised to, forever, fix and resolve the scourge of sin, death, sickness, sorrow, affliction, hurt, pain et cetera finally or once and for all

Shut up. You want us to worship a dead jewish man or what?

A powerless self-proclaimed deity who couldn't even save himself. He had to cry and beg God to save him.

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by illicit(m): 5:52am On Aug 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You actually and really need to have religion. You need to have pure and undefiled religion, the sort of religion, that God finds no fault in.

ur audacity is what baffles me

u are a human being like me, yet u want to force ur very own malady on me.

What makes u think u need a religion

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 6:58am On Aug 13, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Shut up.
Excuse me. Would you please mind your choice of words, language and start typing like a matured mind that I perceive that you are

PAGAN9JA:
You want us to worship a dead jewish man or what?
Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja deities are dead, but God forever, is alive and lives

PAGAN9JA:
A powerless self-proclaimed deity who couldn't even save himself. He had to cry and beg God to save him.
Please bring forward your proof of Yahshua Ha Mashiach, crying and begging God to save Him.

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:
ur audacity is what baffles me
The boldness is down to not being given the spirit of timidity or fear but given that of love, power and a sound mind to make right/good judgment(s)

illicit:
u are a human being like me, yet u want to force ur very own malady on me.
You're absolutely right that, I am human just as you are, but thhe last thing you'll ever find me do is force, so you are wrong in reasoning that I am forcing anything on you.

illicit:
What makes u think u need a religion
Religion, that's pure and undefiled, makes the world go round, it makes the engine of the world run smoothly, it alleviates suffering, problems, pains, social ills, injustice et cetera

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by illicit(m): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
It is down to not being blessed with the spirit if timidity or fear but given that of love, power and a sound mind

You're absolutely right that, I am human just as you are, but thhe last thing you'll ever find me do is force, so you are wrong in reasoning that I am forcing anything on you.

Religion, that's pure and undefiled, makes the world go round, it makes the engine of the world run smoothly, it alleviates suffering, problems, pains, social ills, injustice et cetera

let Boko Haram catch u, that's when u will know u ain't get any power

2 Likes

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by Exmilitant(m): 7:10am On Aug 13, 2020
Sad to see Africans maligning their own in favour of a foriegn one that don't care about them.. I am happy to know that the Yoruba has an organized religion. The Igbos and those of us from the Niger Delta have lost it! And i belief they are the ones poking fun at the OP.

4 Likes

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 7:17am On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:
let Boko Haram catch u, that's when u will know u ain't get any power
"7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you
8Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place
10No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling
;
11For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways
12In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

13You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
16With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”
"
- Psalm 97:7-16

Notwithstanding, "whatever can happen, will happen," I stand by and on the entirety of the Psalm 97:7-16 words explicitly stated with assurance, as seen above.

Exmilitant:
Sad to see Africans maligning their own in favour of a foriegn one that don't care about them.. I am happy to know that the Yoruba has an organized religion. The Igbos and those of us from the Niger Delta have lost it! And i belief they are the ones poking fun at the OP.
I dont have jazz, dont have juju, dont have need of Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, Saponna et cetera deities, it is the, one and true universal God that is my reliance, confidence and faith is on.

Aside that made by illicit, I am struggling to find any other comment made on this thread, that's poked fun at OP or anyone's belief system, for that matter

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by illicit(m): 7:25am On Aug 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand; But it shall not come near you
8Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place
10No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling
;
11For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways
12In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

13You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
16With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”
"
- Psalm 97:7-16

Notwithstanding, "whatever can happen, will happen," I stand by and on the entirety of the Psalm 97:7-16 words explicitly stated with assurance, as seen above.

I dont have jazz, dont have juju, dont have need of Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja, Saponna et cetera deities, it is the one and true universal God that my reliance, confidence and faith is on

u don't need a religion to believe in God.

I believe in God but not religion

That CAN chairman knows these verses u shared too, don't u think so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 7:31am On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:
u don't need a religion to believe in God.
God explicitly inform the kind of religion He approves

illicit:
I believe in God but not religion
I didnt, not even for a nanosecond, doubt that you dont believe in God

illicit:
That CAN chairman knows these verses u shared too, don't u think so?
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I would expect he knows those verses and more, so the point you are trying to make with this remark is then what?
Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by illicit(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
God explicitly inform the kind of religion He approves

I didnt, not even for a nanosecond, doubt that you dont believe in God

[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I would expect he knows those verses and more, so the point you are trying to make with this remark is then what?
it didn't help him
Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 7:34am On Aug 13, 2020
illicit:
it didn't help him
[img]https://media./images/14cd04951335766288c672c30e186f98/tenor.gif[/img]
It didn't help him how? It didn't help him in what?
Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Excuse me. Would you please mind your choice of words, language and start typing like a matured mind that I perceive that you are

Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja deities are dead, but God forever, is alive and lives

Please bring forward your proof of Yahshua Ha Mashiach, crying and begging God to save Him.

You dont deserve civilized words. Actually people like you dont deserve to live in civilization because you have no resprct for others beliefs. You are the pathetic arseholes of the society who brought Nigeria to its current state of ruin today.

Your jesus is dead and he was a bastard son of a prostitute dont forget that as well. He can never be a god.

He claimed to save us but he and his dirty religion has turned the world into a bigger mess spreading strife and religious discord.

As for proof go read your bible dont ask me silly questions.

jesus is dead while our Spirits are forever present in the spiritual realm. The Gods can never die or be alive. That is.only for humans like jesus.

1 Like

Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2020
Exmilitant:

Correct! you are absolutely 100% right!

You hit the exact point. These people have nothing to return back to. They have destroyed their forefathers faith in the entirety.

Impressive observation.
Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by MuttleyLaff: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
You dont deserve civilized words.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10799974_images_jpeg6_jpegd773813b37aa32df9b6e92f9ec8c41d7
As much as I am more than capable of giving as good as I get, I restrain myself from jumping into the muddy mire and give you the pleasure, you so desperately want to savour

PAGAN9JA:
Actually people like you dont deserve to live in civilization because you have no resprct for others beliefs.
Is it because I typed that certain things mandatory in If a aren't necessary is why computed that I have no respect for others' beliefs, hmm?

PAGAN9JA:
You are the pathetic arseholes of the society who brought Nigeria to its current state of ruin today.
I can see you're a super ultra pathetic jerk with your head stuck right up your stinking and putrefying arsehole angry angry angry

PAGAN9JA:
Your jesus is dead and he was a bastard son of a prostitute dont forget that as well. He can never be a god.
Lies, blasphemy and slander wouldn't gain you anything

PAGAN9JA:
He claimed to save us but he and his dirty religion has turned the world into a bigger mess spreading strife and religious discord.
Man has himself to blame for the state and condition of the world, man finds himself in

PAGAN9JA:
As for proof go read your bible dont ask me silly questions.
You have no proof, that could be placed under close scrutiny and scholarly examination, this is why you dont dare providing proof to back up your ignorant statement

PAGAN9JA:
jesus is dead while our Spirits are forever present in the spiritual realm. The Gods can never die or be alive. That is only for humans like jesus.
Yahshua Ha Mashiach, aka Jesus Christ, is very much alive, when you draw your last breath, your spirit (i.e your ''ẹmi'') goes back to God, your body (i.e your ''ara'') goes back to being the dust of the ground, but your soul (i.e your ''ori'') goes to a place awaiting the day of judgment, when you'll give account of reckless word, thought, action, deeds et cetera, you did or did not do

Sango, Osun, Oya, Esu, Egbe, Ogun, Obatala, Olokun, Iyemonja et cetera as well, will face God in the day of judgment too
Re: IFA Religion Initiation Steps (Yorubas Only) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
I have little value for intermediaries, prophets and proto-beings it is my take that such entities and forces we worship are also looking for their way and exploring the greater divide called mystery.

unfortunately i don't have the luxury of age/time to inspect every interesting religion, i just need to find the shortest cut to Nirvana

(1) (Reply)

Do You Pay Tithe On Borrowed Money / Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? / God Will Fight Against Those Who Fight Against You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.