Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja (39383 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Traditional Rulers In Imo / Governor Obiano Gifts Innoson Ikenga Jeeps To All Traditional Rulers In Anambra / 'APC Caught Sharing Money To Yoruba Traditional Rulers In Aso Rock' - May Ubeku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by leicestercamper: 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
achierosion:
IT PAINED ME DEEPLY IN MY HEART

hahahaha ndo oo, but you are still a 2nd class igbo
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by achierosion(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
leicestercamper:

you win
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Smartwave: 12:52am On Aug 14, 2020
Tkester:
Very good! Arthur Eze should know that we are not like the Afonjazees were one man will be playing king. Our people are thorough bred republicans.

Go Obiano, go!
i am still wondering where you supposed parent bought you from?? Baby factory Or stolen from Kano? Or from Cameroon
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Smartwave: 12:53am On Aug 14, 2020
leicestercamper:

the real Igbo are second citizens
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by catherine1998: 2:58am On Aug 14, 2020
leicestercamper:

The osus are always quick to talk about identity bcus they are very in-secured, I pity them
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by catherine1998: 3:07am On Aug 14, 2020
leicestercamper:
Your Useless frustrated vagabond Umahi is a dwarf. Ebonyi people are not even igbos, the reason igbos treat ebonyi people like shit. Hahahaha

[s][/s]
Shut up you Idiot you cant compare Umahi & that Igala Man you call Governor in any standard, in any case he (Obiano)can only Govern a Lawless & Longer throat state like anambra where ppl can even Bleep their mother just for money
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by PropertyBuying(f): 4:39am On Aug 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
WHERE IS CHIEF AUSTIN NDIGWE, EZE UZU OF AWKA
Not on the list.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by EagleNest(m): 5:57am On Aug 14, 2020
megama:
Always Remember that king Ship, That is traditional institution have been existing before the advent of you white man Governorship. Black Man. Haa always continue reasoning like goats. Always embodied by over selfishness. One day. The prime minister of England will detrone the Queen.
Loll Block minds
Historic stories. It is okay to be idealistic but the reality is the law of today gave so much power to the governor and president. As a people if you don't like how it has turned, you go and seek legislative corrections. It is how you make your bed so will you lie on it. Until that law is fine tuned , you don't flaunt it.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by EagleNest(m): 6:07am On Aug 14, 2020
DelphiOracle:
Governor has power to dictates who becomes igwe? Is igwe not hereditary again?

The way some political rulers deals with some traditional rulers is not fair at all. The worst part is that the community people will just fold their hands an watch a stranger drag their king in the mud.

Until the Igwe receives the staff of authority from government, by law he is not legitimate. Unless there is legislative corrections in future, it still remains what it is. Think about the powerful Emir of Kano Sanusi Lamido, how he was queried by Kano govt and latter dethroned.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by DelphiOracle(m): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2020
EagleNest:

Until the Igwe receives the staff of authority from government, by law he is not legitimate. Unless there is legislative corrections in future, it still remains what it is. Think about the powerful Emir of Kano Sanusi Lamido, how he was queried by Kano govt and latter dethroned.
I felt pity for him. A whole Emir just removed like that. So bad
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Dansuqi: 7:14am On Aug 14, 2020
Stanweezy:
Ihembosi my town no even get Igwe after his disappearance 9 years ago, please my town need a king and not Town president. Obiano take note, Chairman Ekwusigo LGA Anambra State pass the information as well.

Hmmm.so up till now they haven't found igwe j.c okolie? Ogwodogwo is acting like the king,let him be crowned...I miss ihembosi
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Dansuqi: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

What happened? How come an Igwe disappear without trace for good 9 years

Or he was abducted and later killed by rivals?

He was reportedly abducted by a kidnapper from oraifite
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by leicestercamper: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2020
Hahahaha

You had to woke up at 2am to post in tears. Ebonyi people are barbaric people that sleep with their mothers, children etc.

Ebonyi people are cursed 3rd class igbos.

Igbos does not regard Ebonyi people as Igbos

Igbos treat ebonyi people are 3rd class inferior miscreants

These are all facts

[s]
catherine1998:
Shut up you Idiot you cant compare Umahi & that Igala Man you call Governor in any standard, in any case he (Obiano)can only Govern a Lawless & Longer throat state like anambra where ppl can even Bleep their mother just for money
[/s]

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Stanweezy(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Dansuqi:

Hmmm.so up till now they haven't found igwe j.c okolie? Ogwodogwo is acting like the king,let him be crowned...I miss ihembosi

Baba ibu nwafor, the matter tire me
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Kfed4ril(m): 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Ategberoson:

so Nnamdi KANU that told you clowns not to vote and later tell you to vote is what?

just look at Abia State, I don't expect you people to be bragging on foolishness

Look at Lagos

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by oneeast3: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Ebonyi people are cursed people. Ebonyi people are slaves to Anambra people. All the armed robbers that were chased out Anambra were ebonyi people, they hawk gala in the day and enter armed robbery at night. Ebonyi people are not igbos.

Ebonyi = almajiri-igbos

[s]
catherine1998:
So you are crying like a baby, jst bcuz of my little post, if you like go up, come down, go & thief in south africa, go & thief in Malaysia, even if you like go & kidnap QUEEN of England & demand for billions of pound ransom you will still remain an osu, BASTARD
[/s]
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Lsofdk(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Certificate of authority that became relevant as from when?

That institution has been there before the arrival of British government.

If any should sanction them, it is the people, council of elders and the town they rule and not Obiano govt arrogating the monopoly of wisdom to himself.

The real disgrace here is the state governor playing petty politics..

The monarchs doesn't need obianos' validation to collect money from anyone.
Times have changed. You should stick to the present.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Lsofdk(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Sanchez01:

You were making sense until you ruined it with your last paragraph.

There are classes of Obas or Kings. The Igwe title in Igboland will pass as Baálè or some third class king title in the West and South. Why? Most of the first class king titles had long been in existence before the formation of Nigeria and long before the system of government we adopted came into being. It is why most first class stools are revered and greatly feared.

NO GOVERNOR IN THE WEST WILL TALK RECKLESSLY AT THE OONIRSA, let alone Oyetola of Osun State as a sitting governor. And none will dare the Aláàfin of Ọ̀yọ́, except a fellow first class king in a scuffle with him as is the case between the late Ooni and the current Aláàfin. The same applies to the Ọba of Benin. As crazy and destructive as Obaseki is, he wouldn't dare talk in a condescending manner at the Ọba, let alone ever dream of suspending the Ọba, just because he is the "state government".

Does that mean he can't? Heck, no. He can but he wouldn't dream of it. All he can do, at best is cook a cold War and that's it.

As for the Emir, the status has been abused greatly. Unfortunately for Sanusi, he was rewarded with the position and it was wrestled out of his grip same way.

I don't understand the story of the Sultans and won't dabble into that with my limited knowledge in that aspect, but I sure as hell believe the Sultan is not under the control of the Local government.

Unlike the first class Kings of the South South and South West, the Emir, today, is more of a manager while the formers are regarded as custodians, reincarnated gods and divine beings.

First class Kings wield an unbelievable amount of power over vast areas, including multiple local governments. That of the Ooni transcends beyond Ifẹ̀ and even Osun State and that of the Aláàfin runs across the entire Ọ̀yọ́ State. The Ọba of Benin, I'm sure you know.

Please get it today, the kingship of first class Kings IS NOT UNDER THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITY. They are answerable to their State government who doesn't have any outright control over them. There is more to this than what applies with Igboland.
Why make an exclusion of the Emir in all your explanations? They are all on the same level, let these said first class rulers as you called them try step beyond their boundaries or go rebel, then we'll see what happens next. In modern day settings, Traditional rulers be it first class or third class are nothing, the State government will do whatever it wishes with them. I like the fact that you acknowledged a State governor can unseat/suspend a traditional ruler with reasons of course and yes if they have reasons they won't just dream of it, they will execute it. What happened to Sanusi will play out anywhere with any of these first class rulers you mentioned.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by AreaFada2: 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
I do not know how they are manufacturing so many kings in some parts of 9ja.

When to many monarchs are not rooted in tradition, custom and history, they can be manipulated by politicians and rich men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soludo Debunks Claims That Peter Obi’s $20M Investment in Anambra Is Worth $100M / Zahra Buhari Reveals Her Son Looks Like Her Husband / Obasanjo Commissions School Of Nursing & Midwifery In Makurdi, Benue State (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.