Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Flu In Pregnancy: How Dangerous? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Flu In Pregnancy: How Dangerous? (190 Views)

Outbreak Of Bird Flu In 7 States In Nigeria - NCDC Confirms Cases / China Reports Outbreak Of H5N1 Bird Flu / My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flu In Pregnancy: How Dangerous? by ajasay3030(m): 6:37am On Aug 13, 2020
Influenza, commonly known as flu, is common to everyone, but more common to pregnant women and new moms. If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant during the flu season, you must go for a flu shot. This will reduce your risk of getting the flu.

However, we have written this article to provide you with the necessary information you need to know about the flu while pregnant.

Is the flu harmful during pregnancy?
The symptoms of flu include sore throat, runny nose, and cough. But during pregnancy, these symptoms are more severe and might lead to complications. This is because pregnancy changes your immune system and some organs, such as your lungs and hearts. This makes you more vulnerable to complications while pregnant.

For instance, your chance of bronchitis increases if you get flu during pregnancy. Bronchitis in pregnancy may lead to pneumonia.

While they are not common, other serious complication that pregnancy flu might lead to include: ....

https://healthdoconline.com/flu-in-pregnancy-is-it-dangerous/

(1) (Reply)

India Turns To Prayers As Coronavirus Numbers Surge / How I Outsmarted Hormonal Imbalance And Conceived Within 3months / What's Your Say On This Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.