Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians (725 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by digitalman2811(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2020
Before I will tell you why Jehovah's Witnesses are the only true followers of Jesus Christ here on earth, it is also good for you to know first; who are Jehovah's Witnesses?

Jehovah's Witnesses come from hundreds of ethnic group and language backgrounds, yet they are united by common goals. Above all, they want to honour Jehovah, the God of the Bible and the creator of all things. They do their best to imitate Jesus Christ and they are proud to be called Christians.

Now that you briefly know who they are. Let us now see the reasons why they are the only true followers of Jesus Christ currently here on earth.

1. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only Christians religion in the whole world that preaches that God is not going to destroy the globe of this earth, rather God is going to transform it into paradise earth where righteous ones will dwell on it forever.

Their reasons based on these following Bible chapters and verses:

"I did not create [the earth] simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited," says Isaiah 45:18.

"A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever", says Ecclesiastes 1:4.

Psalm 37:29 says, " The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it".

" with that, I heard a loud voice from the throne says: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away", says Revelation 21:3, 4.

They believe in these promises by God because God's decisions will stand forever and God cannot lie. Read Genesis 1:28. Isaiah 46:9-11 and Isaiah 55:11.

2. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only Christians organization here on earth that do not believe in Trinity. They believed that Jesus Christ is not God but the son of God. Therefore, Jesus is not part of the Trinity.

Their belief is based on the following Bible points stated here below.

John 3:16. " For God so loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life".

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ", says John 17:3.

Colossians 1:15 called Jesus the firstborn of all creation".
1timothy 2:5! For there is one God and one mediator between God and men,a man,christ Jesus
Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former,things of long ago,that iam God and there is no other,iam God,and there is no one like me

In Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter identified Jesus as the Christ, " the son of the living God".

The Bible says that this is what happened "After being baptised, Jesus immediately came up from the water; and look! the heavens were opened up, and he saw God's spirit descending like a dove and coming upon him. Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: " This is my son, the beloved, whom I have approved. - Matthew 3:16, 17.

The Bible says Jehovah alone is Almighty and has no equal (Genesis 17:1. I Corinthians 11:3 Psalms 90:1).

Jesus himself called God his father and acknowledged the fact that he is not God and shows that God is greater than him in John 14:28.

3. Jehovah's witnesses are the only Christians religion here on earth that do not use to celebrate a birthday, Christmas, New Year, and do not use to observe any religious holidays due to their firm believed in the Bible and in imitation of first-century Christians and Jesus himself.

Their belief is based on the facts that all these celebrations are not biblical and also their origins are rooted in paganism. Which the true followers of Jesus Christ should be avoided.

Jehovah's Witnesses strictly acknowledged to what the Bible says in 2Corinthians 6:17 "Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves, says Jehovah, and quit touching the unclean thing", and I will take you in".

The book Sacred Origins of Profound Things states: " For two centuries after Christ's birth, no one knows, and few people cared, exactly when Jesus was born".

Even if Jesus' disciples had known the exact date of his birth, they would not have celebrated it because, as the World Book Encyclopedia says, the early Christians "considered the celebration of anyone's birth to be a pagan custom".

The only birthday observances mentioned in the Bible are those of two rulers who did not worship Jehovah. Read from Genesis 40:20, and Marks 6:21.

Birthday celebrations were also held in honour of pagan deities. For example, on May 24 the Romans celebrated the birthday of the goddess Diana. On the following day, they observed the birthday of their sun god, Apollo.

Hence, birthday celebrations were associated with paganism, not with Christianity. No Christians religion teaches that except Jehovah's witnesses because they chose to follow or imitate Jesus footstep.

More so, another thing to note is that many Greeks and Romans of ancient times believed that a spirit attended the birth of each human and protected that one throughout life. " This spirit had a mystic relation with the god on whose birthday the individual was born", says the book The Lore of Birthdays. This is not in harmony with the Bible teaching, therefore, Jehovah's witnesses as true followers of Jesus Christ choose to abstain from these celebrations.

4. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only Christian denominations in the whole world that do not use cross and images like that of Jesus in their worship to God. They believed that God does not want humans to use the image in worshipping him.

Exodus 20:4, 5 says, "You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, for I Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation of those who hate me".

5. They are the only Christians religion that does not take blood transfusions because is against their Christian faith, in accordance with the Bible.

Check the Bible reference that helps Jehovah's Witnesses to refuse blood transfusions.

Genesis 9:3, 4 says " Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as I gave them all to you. Only flesh with its life -its blood - you must not eat.

"Therefore, my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood", - Acts 15:19, 20.

God also forbade consuming blood. Leviticus 17:10, 11, "If any man of the house of Israel or any foreigner who is residing in your midst eats any sort of blood, I will certainly set my face against the one who is eating the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have given it on the altar for you to make atonement for yourselves because it is the blood that makes atonement by means of the life in it".

They obey the clear direction to completely abstain from blood.

6. Jehovah's witnesses are the only Christians organization here on earth that use to preach the gospel of God from house to house in imitation of Jesus Christ.

They are the only Christians that follow the command given by Jesus Christ in Matthew chapter 28 verses 19.

Matthew 28: 19, 20, " Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things".

They obey these commands from Jesus by following his footsteps very closely and preach to people anywhere they find people.

They use to preach from house to house, village to village, and even in market places and from door to door just like Jesus.

Read Matthew 6:56.

No wonder everyone in the community always recognizes Jehovah's Witnesses anywhere they are found with their unique bags and umbrellas and always moving in twos just like Jesus who sent his first set of disciples and they were in twos - Luke 10:1.

With these six points stated hereinabove, you will also agree with my opinion that Jehovah's witnesses are the only true followers of Jesus Christ presently here on earth.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by jibovico(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2020
Well done Op but you forgot to add: For more information please visit jw.org.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by MightySparrow: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2020
If there is another denominoation that believe all these doctrines as JW, will they be true Christians or JW is the only 'approved' of God?
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Blabbermouth: 9:25am On Aug 13, 2020
I am strongly with 5 out of 6 from all your points, does that make me A Jehovah's witness or does it make me a true Christian?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 13, 2020
MightySparrow:
If there is another denominoation that believe all these doctrines as JW, will they be true Christians or JW is the only 'approved' of God?
There's nothing like "denomination" in God's kingdom, it's just two ways the broad and the narrow. Matthew 7:13-14
So instead of thinking of forming another group, the best thing to do is join the one doing what you know is correct after all they're everywhere! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2 smiley
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by MightySparrow: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

There's nothing like "denomination" in God's kingdom, it's just two ways the broad and the narrow. Matthew 7:13-14
So instead of thinking of forming another group, the best thing to do is join the one doing what you know is correct after all they're everywhere! Romans 15:5-6, 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2 smiley
Jesus said to gather all manners of people in his parable of net and fishes, now you present your organization as better farmer than Jesus.
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2020
More like "six reasons Jehovah Witnesses are the true Jehovah Witnesses."

Christians are supposed to be Witnesses of Christ but Jehovah Witnesses are anything but that.

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be WITNESSES UNTO ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Righteousness89(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2020
You Can know the Lord JESUS, but Does He know you? That's what is Important!

The Lord Knows those that His! Let Everyone that Calls the Name of the LORD, Depart from Iniquity..

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2020
MightySparrow:
Jesus said to gather all manners of people in his parable of net and fishes, now you present your organization as better farmer than Jesus.

There is misconception here but i'll address it soon, please business time! wink
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Matheusmartin: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
U wouldn't say any of these u said above if u have lived with them..
True Christians my foot..
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by digitalman2811(m): 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
Matheusmartin:
U wouldn't say any of these u said above if u have lived with them..
True Christians my foot.. I have lived with them all from my secondary school days,now iam 35 years old,these guys are trying to imitate what the Bible teaches,dont forget individual differences and imperfections inherent in humans,some may not live up to your expectations,but it is only God that will judge,in terms of there Bible believes they stand out,OPINION.
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
MightySparrow:

Jesus formed a group in the first century and told them that Satan will later plant bad seeds in their midst, but later there is going to be a separation of his true seeds from Satan's weed. Matthew 13:24-30
Today Jehovah's Witnesses stand out as a separate group from all other religions, they're up and doing in the preaching work, they've made all their members globally vowed never to take up weapons against their fellowman, they're no part of Politics and everyone know them in the neighbourhood as peace loving worshipers.
Surely Jesus' group has been separated from the world empire of false religion and their name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by MightySparrow: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus formed a group in the first century and told them that Satan will later plant bad seeds in their midst, but later there is going to be a separation of his true seeds from Satan's weed. Matthew 13:24-30
Today Jehovah's Witnesses stand out as a separate group from all other religions, they're up and doing in the preaching work, they've made all their members globally vowed never to take up weapons against their fellowman, they're no part of Politics and everyone know them in the neighbourhood as peace loving worshipers.
Surely Jesus' group has been separated from the world empire of false religion and their name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley
So Jesus should forget about the separation since JW. org has replaced Him?
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
MightySparrow:
So Jesus should forget about the separation since JW. org has replaced Him?
Hmmmmmmmm well he is here in spirit, that's why JWs keeps making improvement ever since Jesus began directing them.
Those who aren't his sheep are finding the group too hot while his lost sheep in false religions are trooping into the fold!
It's a gradual process Sir! smiley
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by MightySparrow: 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmm well he is here in spirit, that's why JWs keeps making improvement ever since Jesus began directing them.
Those who aren't his sheep are finding the group too hot while his lost sheep in false religions are trooping into the fold!
It's a gradual process Sir! smiley
Self delusion
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
MightySparrow:
Self delusion

JW for life! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
So, JW Are D True Christians While Others Are Of Satan? I Hear U.
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Truvel:
So, JW Are D True Christians While Others Are Of Satan? I Hear U.
There can only be one religion representing Christ, since there are over 41,000 different religious groups all claiming Christians, a sincere and honest hearted person needs to IDENTIFY the one belonging to Jesus amongst them. Matthew 7:13-14
All of them can't be for the same Christ! smiley
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by StrikeBack(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
StrikeBack:

The numbers of people that will be selected from the earth and taken to heaven to rule with Jesus, they are otherwise known as the Born Again Christians! smiley
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maximus69:

There can only be one religion representing Christ, since there are over 41,000 different religious groups all claiming Christians, a sincere and honest hearted person needs to IDENTIFY the one belonging to Jesus amongst them. Matthew 7:13-14
All of them can't be for the same Christ! smiley
So What U Mean Is Dat JW Are D Ones? So There Are No Hypocrites Or Sinners Among Dem?
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 14, 2020
Truvel:
So What U Mean Is Dat JW Are D Ones? So There Are No Hypocrites Or Sinners Among Dem?
There were hypocrites and evil people amongst the Israelites when God said "Israelites are my special possession"
So don't be deceived, if things are to go by the way you're thinking then all religions will be acceptable to God because you'll see both good and evil people in all religions. But what makes a religion acceptable is not the attitude of the person involved rather it's knowing the true religion, and after knowing it, try to live up to the standard. There is no amount of good behaviour a person can have, if he fails to do the things Jesus commanded he can't see God's Kingdom! John 3:16
So do you think it's all religion claiming Christian that's practicing what Jesus laid down? Matthew 7:21-23 undecided
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

There were hypocrites and evil people amongst the Israelites when God said "Israelites are my special possession"
So don't be deceived, if things are to go by the way you're thinking then all religions will be acceptable to God because you'll see both good and evil people in all religions. But what makes a religion acceptable is not the attitude of the person involved rather it's knowing the true religion, and after knowing it, try to live up to the standard. There is no amount of good behaviour a person can have, if he fails to do the things Jesus commanded he can't see God's Kingdom! John 3:16
So do you think it's all religion claiming Christian that's practicing what Jesus laid down? Matthew 7:21-23 undecided
So, It's Only JW Dat Are Practising Jesus Teachings? Don't Just Assume Like Dat, Let God Do D Judgment. It's Only God Dat Knows Dose Who Are Practising D Teaching Of Christ.
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2020
Truvel:
So, It's Only JW Dat Are Practising Jesus Teachings? Don't Just Assume Like Dat, Let God Do D Judgment. It's Only God Dat Knows Dose Who Are Practising D Teaching Of Christ.

@ bolded is 100% correct!

But as for the underlined i disagree with you, if it's only God that will know those practicing the teachings of Christ, Jesus Christ himself will not say "you will KNOW them by their FRUIT" Matthew 7:16-20
Neither will he say "you will KNOW the truth" John 8:32

So i believe it's possible to KNOW (IDENTIFY) those practicing pure worship if we truthfully want to KNOW them!

Jesus' use of the collective pronoun "THEM" indicates that if you are interested in knowing those worshiping God it's not by the behaviour of one person as in thinking an individual on his own but the activities of a group. Of course someone who wants to know the truth must be truthful himself meaning such an individual already has virtuous attributes but is looking for the group where such attributes could be put to use in rendering sacred service to God. Matthew 7:13-14

So don't think Jesus' counsel was for everyone, it's specifically directed at those having pure minds who wants to find the group of worshipers practicing pure worship! Psalms 1:1 smiley
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by joyandfaith: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2020
@digitalman2811 thank you for the info @Maximus69 you are too much kudos
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

@ bolded is 100% correct!

But as for the underlined i disagree with you, if it's only God that will know those practicing the teachings of Christ, Jesus Christ himself will not say "you will KNOW them by their FRUIT" Matthew 7:16-20
Neither will he say "you will KNOW the truth" John 8:32

So i believe it's possible to KNOW (IDENTIFY) those practicing pure worship if we truthfully want to KNOW them!

Jesus' use of the collective pronoun "THEM" indicates that if you are interested in knowing those worshiping God it's not by the behaviour of one person as in thinking an individual on his own but the activities of a group. Of course someone who wants to know the truth must be truthful himself meaning such an individual already has virtuous attributes but is looking for the group where such attributes could be put to use in rendering sacred service to God. Matthew 7:13-14

So don't think Jesus' counsel was for everyone, it's specifically directed at those having pure minds who wants to find the group of worshipers practicing pure worship! Psalms 1:1 smiley
It's Only God Dat Knows D Hearts Of Everyone, Weda Genuine Or Not.
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by achorladey: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Maximus69: But what makes a religion acceptable is not the attitude of the person involved.

Achorladey: Same person will keep shouting by their FRUITS you will know TRUE WORSHIPPERS grin grin grin grin grin grin. How will the people come to your TRUE RELIGION if the ATTITUDE or FRUITS it produce is nothing to write home about? grin grin grin grin Why will Jesus call the scribes and Pharisee HYPOCRITES if there attitudes count for nothing?

Maximus69: rather it's knowing the true religion

Achorladey: What does the scripture say about the religion that is pure from God's standpoint? Let's see if it relates to your ATTITUDES or NOT
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by achorladey: 10:16am On Aug 14, 2020
Truvel:

Maximus69 na Jehovah and Jesus at the same time. He has authority to separate SHEEP from GOATS even without the help of his angels grin grin grin grin

2 Timothy 2: 19But God’s truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and “All who belong to the Lord must turn away from evil.”

It didn't say the Lord Maximus69 knows who are his. Perhaps the evil doers and hypocrite in their midst are true WORSHIPPERS based on the reason that they are in the TRUE RELIGION only grin grin grin grin
Re: Opinion:six Reasons Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The True Christians by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Truvel:
I have the feeling you already understood what i meant so it's left to you! wink

(1) (Reply)

Dr Olukoya: Maureen Badejo, Confess To Your Witchcrafts Of Lies, Deception / The Power Of Forgiveness / The Battle For The Soul Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.