Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It (414 Views)

Wike Pulls Out Of Edo Governorship Project / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Recruitment Of 774,000 Nigerians / CCECC Railway Scholarships: List Of Public Officials Who ‘Hijacked’ It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 13, 2020

Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2020
Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by seanfer(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2020
So they should allow him to nominate 23,000 PDP members from all the 23 LGAs in rivers state?
Let him also come up with an employment scheme in the state, then he can decide how it will be done to his satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by BlowYourMind: 9:34am On Aug 13, 2020
I am not surprised, nothing is transparent in APC
Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by SmartProf(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2020
The general citizens without any political links and connections will have to show uncommon brilliance to have a chance at anything in this country.
Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by SmartProf(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2020
seanfer:
So they should allow him to nominate 23,000 PDP members from all the 23 LGAs in rivers state?
Let him also come up with an employment scheme in the state, then he can decide how it will be done to his satisfaction.
Pls don't see it from political party lines, cos if it is allowed to sail this way, citizens without political links, who are in the majority will suffer without slots.
Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by Lipscomb(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2020
Firstly ask yourself if wike need the job. Honestly I don't know how Nigerian youths reason. Wike that supposed be create job opportunities telling federal government that he is not interested in job again. Did federal government want to give river people work or wike. Wike should have speak on behalf of family.
BlowYourMind:
I am not surprised, nothing is transparent in APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by Kinematics: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2020
In the first place Wike has no moral right to talk. How many persons has he employed since 2015 he became governor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by seanfer(m): 10:16am On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:

Pls don't see it from political party lines, cos if it is allowed to sail this way, citizens without political links, who are in the majority will suffer without slots.

I’m not talking from the political angle. My question to Wike is who are those he will bring if they let him pick from his state. Are they not from his party or those that are connected to him politically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Pulls Out Of 774,000 Fg’s Jobs, Says APC Has Hijacked It by Maxymilliano(m): 10:20am On Aug 13, 2020
The letter reads: “I am a nominee of the Government of Rivers State on the State Selection Committee and I wish to bring to your notice the flagrant departure from states’ guidelines and sad politicisation of the selection process in the state.

From the initial guidelines issued from your office at the commencement of the programme, it was clearly stated how the slots are to be distributed after the deductions for political office holders are done, as copied below.

“After these deductions, in making up the remaining 1,000 numbers from each local government area, every single person in the 20-membet list would be allotted a number of skits because of the interest that person represents.

“That person in the list will then get in touch with his sponsors on that list to begin to complete their names in each local government area to return to the chairman within a specified period.

“The slots going to the secretaries will be reserved for some specific requests to be communicated to them by the minister,” he said.

Wike is pulling out for justifiable reasons.

There were guidelines for the selection process abinitio from the supervising Ministry, which includes involvement of various State Governors or representatives to be included in the selection committees but according to River's state government representative in the committee, what is currently playing out in the committee, headed by a member of the APC is a twist and flagrant departure from the adopted modus operandi, which seems to favour only APC members, and rather than see it as s FG empowerment for the River's State, the state is willing to allow the programme to run fully as an APC empowerment programme for their members and cease to be part of it.

That's the way to go if you ask me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Abia Community Protests Against Proposed "Cattle Market" In Their Land / Nigeria: Four Things Prof Yemi Osinbajo Means To Nigeria / Buhari Can’t Go To Katsina Again Over Insecurity- Sheik Murtala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.