Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,314 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Arigo: Surgeon of The Rusty Knife - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Arigo: Surgeon of The Rusty Knife (1607 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Arigo: Surgeon of The Rusty Knife by Salarys: 7:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
TONYE001:
Resources

Arigo: Surgeon of the Rusty Knife by John G. Fuller

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zé_Arigó

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/arigo#Death

This defies everything science stands for....

Chief, what are your thoughts?

1 Like

Re: Arigo: Surgeon of The Rusty Knife by TONYE001(m): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Salarys:

This defies everything science stands for....

Chief, what are your thoughts?

Indeed, Arigo's story defiles science. When I initially read the book (with my young mind), I actually believed the story especially because a whole lot of names (big names at that) were mentioned as either his patients or witnesses. The pictures and videos too solidified this claim.

However, currently, I'm a bit more careful and analytical. I know of a whole lot of fakes out there claiming to be psychic surgeons. Some have been busted and disgraced.

The thing about Arigó is that an extensive study has been conducted by professionals. I only wish there were a solid German record of Dr. Fritz.

Whether I believe in spiritism or not is a question I'd love to think deeply before answering. Each time I look at that topic, the science in me kicks it right out of my mind. I don't believe in the African juju. As a matter of fact, I think they are all fake.

But then, even in my disbelief, there's an "open-minded" zone in my head that just may sprout to life someday....if I get lucky enough to WITNESS a strong proof.

(1) (2) (Reply)

House 419(18+) (episode 1) / Just A Quick Note To Let You Know I'll Be On Tv Tonight / The Street Teen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.