Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,754 members, 7,862,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee (235 Views)

Adamu, Atiku Abubakar Son Screened As Commissioner Nominee In Adamawa / Seun Fakorede: Oyo PDP Daucus Calls For Nullification Of Commissioner Nominee / Aliyu Jafaru: Kaduna Assembly Rejects Commissioner Nominee Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by Metrix147: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2020
One of the Commissioner nominees screened by Abia State House of Assembly on Tuesday, Mr Tony Nwanmuo has revealed what he wants to make of the wastes in major cities in the state.

During his screening by Abia State House of Assembly members on Tuesday, Mr. Nwanmuo said if confirmed he will convert wastes in Aba, Umuahia and other cities into renewable energy.

According to Mr. Nwanmuo said part of his duty would be to forward a proposal on how Abia can recycle waste in the State.

"I will also look at the area of our markets, given the fact of what we call climate change, you will find out that when you go to a market like Ariaria, traders are using Generators which is not good for their system, as a way of proposal, I will come up with means on how we can achieve renewable energy.

"If we install a solar system in the markets, the shop owners will pay a token for it to the Government.

"It is better we consider this renewable energy as an alternative source of income", he said.

On the discrepancies in his names, the Commissioner Nominee said all the names he swore to in affidavit belong to him.

After a series of explanations, the nominee was ushered out by the Sergeant-At-Arms.

"My humble advice to you is to take a look at the documents you submitted here for future purposes" the Speaker advised the nominee.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/08/ill-recycle-wastes-in-abia-convert-them-to-energy-says-commissioner-nominee/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by Legalcriminal: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2020
Scam
Re: I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by Mynd44: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2020
This one is not totally honest. You don't have a plan for evacuation, you are grabbing about converting them to energy.

Will the governor die if he decides to (as a matter of emergency) tackle waste? I was in Aba one time, Osisioma is just lost. Residents have turned one carriage way of the Aba-Port harcourt road to a waste dump.

The street where Aba North Secretariat is is something else yet this one is talking about waste to energy.

Abia has so much potentials but instead of fixing it, the political class are just unserious. You ban Okadas, then say Tricycles can't operate after 7pm effectively almost killing the night life or night business.

I dey vex abeg
Re: I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by leksite120(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2020
I think it's better that way.
Every state should use their resources for something beneficial.
At least Abia has large amount of dirt's and waste, that alone is a revenue if utilized well
Re: I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by Peacemaker5129(f): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2020
Most dirtiest state in Nigeria
Re: I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by Nadaken: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2020
Would be nice if this isn't one of those beautiful proposals we all see on paper.

Nigeria hasn't utilized the common solar, and wind channels is it waste energy that it can utilize
Re: I'll Recycle Wastes In Abia, Convert Them To Energy, Says Commissioner Nominee by Sendermac3: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2020
Ok. This is a very Good way to go.

(1) (Reply)

150 Shops Demolished In Agege, See Why / Election Tribunal Discontinues Bayelsa Governor, Diri / Lagos May Reopen Primary, Secondary Schools In September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.