Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,683 members, 7,813,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal (10135 Views)

UNILAG Crisis: Babalakin Resigns, Faults President Buhari's Action / UNILAG Crisis: Ogundipe Leads ASUU Protest As Senate Rejects His Removal-Video / Olukemi Odukoya and Bola Oboh Protest UNILAG VC's Removal, Attack Pro-Chancellor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by One4me: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
Crusader1:
So, council has this enormous powers and the demonic Lale of UniPort was allowed to finish his tenure. Lale was a clear example of Lucifer in human form

Governing Council rarely removes a V.C, except in cases of obvious GROSS MISCONDUCT and financial impropriety but most for Poitical reasons.

I recall when some Aboki banded together to remove Mrs Grace Alele Williams, as the VC of UniBen. They just cant fathom th eidea that a woman was the VC of a federal University! undecided
Though, unlike the Wale Babalakin nonsense, she was given the opportunity to defend herself and due process was followed but she eventually survived the plot.

I think Wale Babalakin wants to do something at Unilag, that the V.C refused to aceed to, so he wants to replace him with a pliant person as VC. Likely a Contract issue or he wants an increase in tuition fees or something like that
The fact that only Seven, out of Twelve voted for this removal and it was done in Abuja, as against the Council Chambers in the institution, speaks volumes!
Can that happen at his private University, can they remove him as VC, without due process, if at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Jung(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
aybabz101:
Like I said earlier in a related thread; the fact that the removal of prof. Ogundipe as the VC and the subsequent installation of another prof. took place in Abuja shows that that something is not right.

I believe that the removal of prof. Ogundipe is a witch-hunt maybe from the governing council or a higher political figure. whichever way, it is a disgrace to the members of the council and the Senate of the institution.

I think the university union supports the former VC; if they do, this will be another problem for unilag coz the Union will definitely embark on series of strike. And as usual, the students will be the victim.

shame on these politicians parading themselves as academics and shame of the NUC for aiding and abetting such delirious act.

All this na Okoto meow.

No single point, lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad THIEVES. Pattypatt I Neva forget u.Get back to u today
Ok sir
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Kat2020: 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
Obusssenp:
Good of them

Hectares of Land available in ekiti state for cultivation of annual or biannual crop, but you will interbreed supergene or tenera palm tree for the owner of the land. Send me a DM 08066993608 if you are interested.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Justkatty(f): 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2020
Power tussle
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by emmy43(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
aybabz101:
Like I said earlier in a related thread; the fact that the removal of prof. Ogundipe as the VC and the subsequent installation of another prof. took place in Abuja shows that that something is not right.

I believe that the removal of prof. Ogundipe is a witch-hunt maybe from the governing council or a higher political figure. whichever way, it is a disgrace to the members of the council and the Senate of the institution.

I think the university union supports the former VC; if they do, this will be another problem for unilag coz the Union will definitely embark on series of strike. And as usual, the students will be the victim.

shame on these politicians parading themselves as academics and shame of the NUC for aiding and abetting such delirious act.

My brother no need to for headache. The vc bet on the wrong horse ASUU... Or u thought ASUU would support him if he hasn't been doing their bidding? They are criminals Babalakin is on the mission to bring sanity to the system believe me.
As a staff of the institution, I can tell u it's a case of corruption trying to fight back.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by emmy43(m): 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
One4me:

Governing Council rarely removes a V.C, except in cases of obvious GROSS MISCONDUCT and financial impropriety but most for Poitical reasons.

I recall when some Aboki banded together to remove Mrs Grace Alele Williams, as the VC of UniBen. They just cant fathom th eidea that a woman was the VC of a federal University! undecided
Though, unlike the Wale Babalakin nonsense, she was given the opportunity to defend herself and due process was followed but she eventually survived the plot.

I think Wale Babalakin wants to do something at Unilag, that the V.C refused to aceed to, so he wants to replace him with a pliant person as VC. Likely a Contract issue or he wants an increase in tuition fees or something like that
The fact that only Seven, out of Twelve voted for this removal and it was done in Abuja, as against the Council Chambers in the institution, speaks volumes!
Can that happen at his private University, can they remove him as VC, without due process, if at all?
U thought so wrong brother. The VC is absolutely and obviously corrupt. Only the real staff member can attest. ASUU is bound to take his side because they are accomplices.

PLS save your ignorance!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by okwypascal: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2020
emmy43:

My brother no need to for headache. The vc bet on the wrong horse ASUU... Or u thought ASUU would support him if he hasn't been doing their bidding? They are criminals Babalakin is on the mission to bring sanity to the system believe me.
As a staff of the institution, I can tell u it's a case of corruption trying to fight back.

I'm a student, please can you lecture me on the sanity Babalakin is trying to bring, because so far this is the only VC that has related well with students. If Ogundipe was the VC in 2016, the last protest wouldn't have occurred. Your response would go a long way.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by kayusely70(m): 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
emmy43:

U thought so wrong brother. The VC is absolutely and obviously corrupt. Only the real staff member can attest. ASUU is bound to take his side because they are accomplices.

PLS save your ignorance!
The Coucil Should Make His Offence(s) Public. The Exercise Is Highly Suspicious.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by BomiDesina: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
It is sad, a country where everybody love power like kilo deeeeee! Employ a messenger now in 2 weeks he will refer to himself as the Chief Messenger, clerk will turn to Chief Clerk. Chief has High Chief. Alhaji Agba. People don't know their limit. Governor will think is next to God, President look at it as an insult if you ask him question and the die hard support ready to roll out arrmour tank to defend their master. Now politics in Armed forces now by extension to Academic world. Professor that suppose to engaged in research are been used as a cannon folder by politician. University are turn to religion ground instead of knowledge centre. God, This country is running aground and the centre cannot hold any longer. Indeed there was country
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by BomiDesina: 3:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
emmy43:

PLS save your ignorance!
My Bros, is Dr Babalakin the owner of the school? There are extant rule that govern the institution! Chairman of the council is just ceremonial head, VC of every university is the President and CEO of such institution. Despite he was council chairman does not have power to interfere in day to day running of the institution, he can intervene base on lay down condition well spell out in the extant rules. Mind you he was appointed by President of the nation in consultation to other necessary interest group. Babalakin is above anybody in that community so he should be accountable to everybody!
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Ologbojo2023: 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
post=92771903:

SMH!

Jagaban nightmare has turned some people to something else.
What a way to live life!

Anyways,
Let's take you back to school,
and call your classmates that Jagaban's name is giving them nightmare along.......

Take am.......
wetin this one dey talk.......mumu man
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by earnit3: 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmmm
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Wize1: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
emmy43:

Keep dreaming. Babalakin that built his dubious wealth via contract racketeering and political rent seeking is the one that wants to fight corruption in Unilag? Y’all should better wake up and don’t be fooled.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Crochet: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Interesting
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ologbojo2023:
wetin this one dey talk.......mumu man
Seun, Mynd44, Dominique.
Rule 2.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by emmy43(m): 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
okwypascal:

I'm a student, please can you lecture me on the sanity Babalakin is trying to bring, because so far this is the only VC that has related well with students. If Ogundipe was the VC in 2016, the last protest wouldn't have occurred. Your response would go a long way.

Being a vc is beyond relating well with student my guy... The pro chancellor and registrar are fighting for the interest of the common staff of the institution that are not ASUU members... That has been made obvious with the report from one council meeting held some months back where he was asked to explained how some funds were spent which he could not account .

To worsen the whole thing they tried to bribe the registrar to join them giving him over 25million which he decline and questioned the source. That also brought about series of investigations and and tensions since then. The ASUU members are only pushing him they can't sustain him. The altrocity is obvious.
Forget about how he relates with student or what he did. That becomes inconsequential when it comes to accountability as a leader.
I'm privy to this because I'm a staff of the institution.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by emmy43(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
Wize1:

Keep dreaming. Babalakin that built his dubious wealth via contract racketeering and political rent seeking is the one that wants to fight corruption in Unilag? Y’all should better wake up and don’t be fooled.

I bet you don't know what you're talking about.

PLS save yourself from Ignorance and go read his profile ...then come back and edit this trash u call comment.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by emmy43(m): 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
BomiDesina:

My Bros, is Dr Babalakin the owner of the school? There are extant rule that govern the institution! Chairman of the council is just ceremonial head, VC of every university is the President and CEO of such institution. Despite he was council chairman does not have power to interfere in day to day running of the institution, he can intervene base on lay down condition well spell out in the extant rules. Mind you he was appointed by President of the nation in consultation to other necessary interest group. Babalakin is above anybody in that community so he should be accountable to everybody!

His is only the chairman of the council. The decision of the council is what prevail. And that was in accordance with the law. It's not about Babalakin.

If Babalakin was doing wrong, do u think it would be difficult to expose him? Especially with ASUU members against him. They couldn't find anything against him. They only see him as someone that has come to spoil their show of corruption for them. That's why they are all crying wolf...
Or do u think ASUU takes sides with what doesn't benefit them? Or don't u know ASUU is absolutely corrupt?..
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by emmy43(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
kayusely70:
The Coucil Should Make His Offence(s) Public. The Exercise Is Highly Suspicious.
They can't do that. What they can do is what they have done. Efcc and others would take over the rest.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Brunicekid(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:
Whenever a power struggle is involved, Nigerians forget about the so called Covid 19 guidelines and mobilize there, but if it's to get schools reopen, you'll hear all manner of excuses, including that Corona virus has taken over all seats in various lecture halls and hostel beds.
So sad... Politicking given priority over

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by PropertyBuying(f): 4:29am On Aug 14, 2020
thesicilian:
They still won't tell us why he was removed.
They should come out straight to reveal an that's caused his removal.
Re: UNILAG Crisis: Academic, Non-Academic Workers Meet Over VC’s Removal by Mac2016(m): 4:36am On Aug 14, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://punchng.com/breaking-unilag-crisis-academic-non-academic-workers-meet-over-vcs-removal/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Lagos is so important to Nigeria. A varsity that is meant to be looking for solutions to the current problem that besiege our nation (Covid 19) at least to find a vaccine or drug. They are only fighting.. Why would government ever take them serious?

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN Test Of English Proficiency Past Questions(drop Ur Mail Ad) / Searching For Off-campus Hostels In Nigeria? 10 Factors To Consider / Buhari Government Worst In Education Funding – ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.