Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,763 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

Who Was The First Muslim? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Was The First Muslim? (690 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 2:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
As a Muslim what will your answer be if you're asked this question?

Why is Allah confusing us with the answer?

Is Allah an author of confusion?

Who was the first Muslim?
Muhammad:
"No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 163)

Moses:
"And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You. [Allah] said, You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me. But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 143)

Abraham:
"Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim. And he was not of the polytheists."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 67)

The Egyptians:
"Indeed, we aspire that our Lord will forgive us our sins because we were the first of the believers."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 51)

1 Like

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2020
AbooUthaymeen, Empiree, Antichristian, Thatfairguy1, Rashduct4luv

I need your answer please
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by AntiChristian: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2020
advocatejare:

As a Muslim what will your answer be if you're asked this question?

Why is Allah confusing us with the answer?

Is Allah an author of confusion?

Allah is not an author of confusion. It's just that your brain couldn't multitask and reconcile the text of the Qur'an!

advocatejare:

Who was the first Muslim?
Muhammad:
"No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims."
(QS. Al-An'aam 6: Verse 163)

Muhammad was the first Muslim in his time.

advocatejare:

Moses:
"And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You. [Allah] said, You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me. But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."
(QS. Al-A'raaf 7: Verse 143)

Moses was the first believer in his time.

advocatejare:

Abraham:
"Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim. And he was not of the polytheists."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 67)

Abraham was the first Muslim in his time. He does not worship three in one Gods like you guys.

advocatejare:

The Egyptians:
"Indeed, we aspire that our Lord will forgive us our sins because we were the first of the believers."
(QS. Ash-Shu'araa 26: Verse 51)
The context of this came after the snakes of the magicians were swallowed by the stick of Musa which turned to a snake.
They were the first among the group to believe in Musa and Islamic monotheism!

3 Likes

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
advocatejare:
AbooUthaymeen, Empiree, Antichristian, Thatfairguy1, Rashduct4luv

I need your answer please

All Prophets/Messengers were the first Muslim/Believer in their respective times.
Jesus was the first Muslim/believer of his time.
Mary was Chosen.....above all the women of her time.

It has been explained clearly.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
AntiChristian:

Allah is not an author of confusion. It's just that your brain couldn't multitask and reconcile the text of the Qur'an!

The Quran says it's clear enough but at the same time it's giving us conflicting stories. Blame Allah not me, if he says something is clear, then that thing should be clear.

"And We did not give Prophet Muhammad, knowledge of poetry, nor is it befitting for him. It is not but a message and a clear Qur'an"
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 69)

Muhammad was the first Muslim in his time.
Can you show me where the Quran make that assertion of "in his time" are you adding to the word of your God?
Now let's assume that the Quran even mentioned in "his time"

If Islam means submission to Allah, Abdulmuttalib (Muhammad's grandfather) had submitted to Allah and become a Muslim before Muhammad was born. If not Abdulmuttalib wouldn't have named his son, Abdullah after Allah.
So muhammad was not even the first in his generation.

Moses was the first believer in his time.
in his time is not included in the Quran by Allah, you're only trying to do damage control for Allah.

Abraham was the first Muslim in his time. He does not worship three in one Gods like you guys.
in his time is not included in the Quran by Allah, you're only trying to do damage control for Allah.

The context of this came after the snakes of the magicians were swallowed by the stick of Musa which turned to a snake.
They were the first among the group to believe in Musa and Islamic monotheism!
Another damage control, so it's no longer Musa that was the first of believers in his time.

It's getting interesting

4 Likes

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

All Prophets/Messengers were the first Muslim/Believer in their respective times.
Jesus was the first Muslim/believer of his time.
Mary was Chosen.....above all the women of her time.

It has been explained clearly.

No it has not.

[b]in their respective time is not included in the Quran by Allah, you're only trying to do damage control for Allah.

Allah simply said that all those are the first Muslms. So who is the first Muslim?

Even the Egyptians and Moses that lived at the same time are both claiming to be the first Muslims.

Abraham who was the ancestor of Moses was reported to be the first Muslim, Moses again is said to be the first Muslim, then the Egyptians, then Jesus, then Muhammad. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by AntiChristian: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
advocatejare:

The Quran says it's clear enough but at the same time it's giving us conflicting stories. Blame Allah not me, if he says something is clear, then that thing should be clear.

"And We did not give Prophet Muhammad, knowledge of poetry, nor is it befitting for him. It is not but a message and a clear Qur'an"
(QS. Yaseen 36: Verse 69)

Sorry the Qur'an is clear to those who Allah makes it clear to but as for you it only increases you in loss.

And We send down from the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) nothing but loss.
(Isra':82)

Can you show me where the Quran make that assertion of "in his time" are you adding to the word of your God?
Now let's assume that the Quran even mentioned in "his time"

If Islam means submission to Allah, Abdulmuttalib (Muhammad's grandfather) had submitted to Allah and become a Muslim before Muhammad was born. If not Abdulmuttalib wouldn't have named his son, Abdullah after Allah.
So muhammad was not even the first in his generation.

Another damage control, so it's no longer Musa that was the first of believers in his time.

It's getting interesting

Since you wish to argue it further, Kindly mention the contexts of each verses you quoted!

3 Likes

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
AntiChristian:

Sorry the Qur'an is clear to those who Allah makes it clear to but as for you it only increases you in loss.

And We send down from the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) nothing but loss.
(Isra':82)
Those words in the bracket are not in the Arabic Quran, they are the opinions of the translators who feel they are smarter than Allah.

The Quran says it's clear, simple as that but we've seen that Allah is a liar. If he's not tell us the meaning of this words that don't have even any meaning in Arabic.

Kaf Ha Yan 'Ayn Sad (Quran 19:1)

Ta Ha (Quran 20:1)

Ta Seen Meem (Quran 26:1)

Ta Seen (Quran 27:1)

Since you wish to argue it further, Kindly mention the contexts of each verses you quoted!
I've highlighted the contexts above, scroll up, this time around open your eyes widely and you will see them

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by AntiChristian: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2020
advocatejare:
Those words in the bracket are not in the Arabic Quran, they are the opinions of the translators who feel they are smarter than Allah.

The Quran says it's clear, simple as that but we've seen that Allah is a liar. If he's not tell us the meaning of this words that don't have even any meaning in Arabic.

Kaf Ha Yan 'Ayn Sad (Quran 19:1)

Ta Ha (Quran 20:1)

Ta Seen Meem (Quran 26:1)

Ta Seen (Quran 27:1)

I've highlighted the contexts above, scroll up, this time around open your eyes widely and you will see them

I said Contextual meaning. Learn its meaning and apply judiciously. I thought you are able to father me. Brace up!

context
/ˈkɒntɛkst/

the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.

the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

1 Like

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

I said Contextual meaning. Learn its meaning and apply judiciously. I thought you are able to father me. Brace up!

context
/ˈkɒntɛkst/

the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.

the parts of something written or spoken that immediately precede and follow a word or passage and clarify its meaning.

You claim the Quran is the word of Allah, go and ask Allah the context of his words when he has already told you that the Quran is clear

1 Like

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
advocatejare:

No it has not.

[b]in their respective time is not included in the Quran by Allah, you're only trying to do damage control for Allah.

Allah simply said that all those are the first Muslms. So who is the first Muslim?

Even the Egyptians and Moses that lived at the same time are both claiming to be the first Muslims.

Abraham who was the ancestor of Moses was reported to be the first Muslim, Moses again is said to be the first Muslim, then the Egyptians, then Jesus, then Muhammad. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Laugh at yourself. You don't even know the meaning of context!

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by AntiChristian: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
advocatejare:

You claim the Quran is the word of Allah, go and ask Allah the context of his words when he has already told you that the Quran is clear

Explain the context of the verses you quoted! You did many comprehension passages in school so just tell us the context!

1 Like

Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
AntiChristian:

Explain the context of the verses you quoted! You did many comprehension passages in school so just tell us the context!

I should tell you the context of what your Allah said?

Go and ask your Allah the author of confusion na. Ask him how Abraham, Moses, the Egyptian, Jesus and Muhammad are all referred to as the first Muslims by Allah and tell him how you tried to help him add "in his time " because you feel you're smarter than him
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Laugh at yourself. You don't even know the meaning of context!

Go and ask your Allah the author of confusion na. Ask him how Abraham, Moses, the Egyptian, Jesus and Muhammad are all referred to as the first Muslims by Allah and tell him how you tried to help him add "in his time " because you feel you're smarter than him
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by AntiChristian: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2020
advocatejare:

You Sabi Quote verse but simple context you don't even know!

Odabo o
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 11:09am On Aug 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

Odabo o
Always running away.
Come back here and tell us who the first Muslim was/were: Abraham, Moses, Egyptians, Jesus or Muhammad?

Come and help Allah
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by AntiChristian: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
advocatejare:

Always running away.
Come back here and tell us who the first Muslim was/were: Abraham, Moses, Egyptians, Jesus or Muhammad?

Come and help Allah

I'll answer you when you know the meaning of context. Till then Sai anjima!
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by SheikhMuniru(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Who is asking this kind question
Re: Who Was The First Muslim? by advocatejare(m): 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
AntiChristian:

I'll answer you when you know the meaning of context. Till then Sai anjima!
Runaway grin

(1) (Reply)

Easiest Ways To Identify Fake Ahlusunnah / The Rate At Which My Igbo People Are Converting To ISLAM Is Alarming. / How Many Muslims Are On Nairaland ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.