Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid (21153 Views)

Laliga: Chukwueze Bags Assist In Villarreal 2-0 Home Win Against Valladolid / Ronaldo Buys Real Valladolid, Becomes Primary Owner After £27m Takeover / Cristiano Ronaldo Agrees To Join Juventus From Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by gasparpisciotta: 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
Southampton have confirmed the £10.9million capture of defender Mohammed Salisu.

'Southampton is a club with a very rich history in developing young players, so it is a very good club to develop my skills and to learn a lot as a young player’ he said.

'I know that the team expects a lot from me and I'm going to try to give all I can to help the team.'

Club manger Ralph Hasenhuttl said: Mohammed is a player who fits our profile well. He is young and has a great amount of potential, he is also someone who has the qualities to come in and help the team.

Centre back Salisu has joined from Spanish club Real Valladolid and has become the south coast club's second summer signing following the £12m capture of right back Kyle Walker-Peters on Monday.

The Ghanaian defender, 22 on Sunday, completed his move last week and has been seeing out his 14-day quarantine period since arriving in England from Spain, in line with coronavirus guidelines. He has joined on a four-year contract.

We have some good centre-backs here and this will be another strong option for us.'

He made 31 league appearances and was a key part of a rear guard that had the seventh best defensive record in Spain's top division despite Valladolid finishing 13th.

Salisu was linked with a string of clubs following an impressive first full season in La Liga, before Southampton activated his release clause.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8620553/Southampton-confirm-10-9m-signing-Mohammed-Salisu-second-summer-recruit.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

4 Likes

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by freshkpomo(m): 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Verdict: Seun I have a problem, my problem are those fools chanting Afonja and Igbos all over the forum. Please start banning them...

Messi wan tear that guy yansh sha lol

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Dalil8: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Is he a Nigerian?

So what exactly are we supposed to do with this News?

23 Likes

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Amspecial: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
cool
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by AaronDavid(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Great
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by VillageHead: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
I hope the Ghanaian dude shines in the EPL like his other African brothers Salah, Mane, Ndidi etc

12 Likes

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by vickydevoka(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Na so
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Doyenro23(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
Join daily 10% earnings on any deposit you make no be scam na trusted and guarantee check my signature for the link
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Highshow05(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Congratulations to him. Make us proud as African.

2 Likes

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by DipoAy(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
22 year old

1 Like

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by princeogbeide1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority. The money in return is always block

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by chatinent: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Good move.
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Esosafun(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
.........e be things!
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by KingOfTheSouthS: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by crestedaguiyi: 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dalil8:
Is he a Nigerian?

chai, i pity you
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by fourboys: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
football age I guess... cos dis nigga dey at least 30
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by NKacen: 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
Good news
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by engrjacuzzi: 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
good he went to an average club where he may have more games and playing
time.
unlike one defender that was bought by José Mourinho and didn't even feature for the blues.
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by foreshore(m): 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dalil8:
Is he a Nigerian?

I wonder o!
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by decency12(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
They will soon fall into trouble
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by TheGooodMan: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Good signing.
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by VillageHead: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Na wa o!

See heavy moni wey dem dey pay dis boys just to enter field and exercise!

Me wey dey exercise every morning by running on the road nothing nothing for me. Instead, na Keke and Okada go dey pursue me to kill. If dem no succeed, dem go send dos LAWMA woman make dem dey pour me sand sand for leg. Dem go fit pour Mikel Obi sand sand for leg?

Dis life no just balance at all!

1 Like

Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by jericco1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Who the guy be abeg?
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by abuhlawal(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Best of luck to him, although I'm more concerned about Willian to Arsenal
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by jericco1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Who is he please?
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dalil8:
Is he a Nigerian?

I bow o...
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by BHUHARiE: 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]This one na small news oo Kudus to me
Re: Southampton Confirm £10.9m Signing Of Mohammed Salisu From Real Valladolid by gasparpisciotta: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dalil8:
Is he a Nigerian?

He is an African brother

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serie A: We’ll Not Welcome You – Inter Milan Supporters Tell Lukaku / Nigeria To Renew Gernot Rohr’s Contract With Conditions / Nairaland Fantasy World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.