Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... (342 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Tinubu Should Remember His Stand In 2012 - Ajaero / Anyone Telling You About PVC Is Your Enemy ~pictures / PDP: Buhari, APC Jittery Over Atiku’s Acceptance In S/east, Other Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... by kingzizzy: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
I have nothing against my fellow Igbo emerging president in 2023 but I do not believe it is possible, they hate us too much to trust us with power, they will never vote for us. What annoys me however is when I see other Nigerians telling Igbos to "build bridges" with other zones. Some foolish ones even go as far as saying that Biafra, IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu have burnt all the bridges for Igbos. Let me remind the foolish people who talk this way with two examples

1)In the 90's and early 2000's, Oodua Peoples Congres(OPC) was an armed group that wrecked havoc all over the Western Region, particularly Lagos. Many Igbos had to flee for their lives back to the East due to the violence OPC brought on Nigeria. I personally witnessed OPC kill people. Despite this, Nigerians elected a Yoruba man called Obasanjo in 1999 and re-elected him 2003.

2) Since at least 2014, armed Fulani herdsmen have been killing thousands of Nigerians each year, destroying farm lands, raping women. This did not prevent a Fulani man like Buhari being elected President in 2015 and re-elected in 2019.

So when OPC Yoruba youths and Fulani Herdsmen were killing people, you all forgot the bridge and elected people affiliated to their ethnic stock? But when it comes to 2023 and Igbos, you all will remember Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu and the bridge?

IPOB is an unarmed group that has not even done 1% of what OPC and killer herdsmen have done in the past, and has no proven record of having killed anyone.

So my fellow Igbos, when they ask you to "build bridges", please ask them which bridge was existing when OPC Yoruba youths and Fulani killer herdsmen were killing people, but it did not prevent a Yoruba or Fulani man from getting elected into office.

They only remember the "bridge" when it is Igbos!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... by Commentor: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Come and carry na.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... by potent5(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
That's what unity beggers always do.
Re: Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... by bintalabi(f): 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
Lol, you need to calm down my guy, Nigeria Biafra oduduwa is not worth dying for, do you have anyone from your family contesting for presidency? If not save yourself the stress na dem Dem.
Re: Anyone Telling Igbos To "Build Bridges" With Other Zones Should Remember This... by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2020
Opc never fought with Igbo I stand to be corrected the time opc had fight was against Hausa's at marine beach at Lagos.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'your Remarks Could Demoralise The Troops,' Military Tells Gov Zulum / See Mad Savage Tweets From #thankyoubuhari Trend On Twitter / FAAC Shares N676.40bn July Allocation To FG, States, Lgs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.