Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Does Meat Condemn A Man? Let's Examine The Scriptures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Meat Condemn A Man? Let's Examine The Scriptures (152 Views)

Yes, No One Should Condemn A Homosexual — Nigerian Catholic Priest Advises / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Has Kanye West Truly Become Christian? Let's Examine His Past And Present Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Meat Condemn A Man? Let's Examine The Scriptures by Csonice1: 5:33pm On Aug 13, 2020
THIS IS WHAT THE WORD SAYS CONCERNING MEAT AND DRINKS
What goes into the belly of a man does not condemn him, it's what proceeds out of his mouth (coming from his heart: usually expressed through his actions) that defiles him. For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. Meat (or no meat ) neither draw us closer nor farther from The Lord: The state of your heart does.
However, it can be a personal decision not to eat a certain meat ( just like a fast); and for the sake of your brother's conscience.
{Scriptures are attached below}

1CORINTHIANS8:8
"8:But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse."

MARK7:18-23
"18: (Jesus was speaking to the disciples ) :And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19:Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20:And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man

21:For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22:Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23:All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

1CORINTHIANS8:13
"13:Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend"

ROMANS14:17-20
"17:For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost
18:For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19:Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
20:For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence."

COLOSSIANS 2:16
"16:Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:"
Re: Does Meat Condemn A Man? Let's Examine The Scriptures by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
In order words, people can eat food served to idols but not to the offence of the brethren?

I get the message though.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Does Meat Condemn A Man? Let's Examine The Scriptures by Csonice1: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
Brachaa:
In order words, people can eat food served to idols but not to the offence of the brethren?

I get the message though.

Thanks
Yes, according to the scriptures: the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. So, if a man goes to buy meat @ the butchers( shambles) let him ask no questions, the same applies to a feast.
But let him never eat it as a worship to the idol ( the state of one's heart is very important)

1 Like

Re: Does Meat Condemn A Man? Let's Examine The Scriptures by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
Csonice1:

Yes, according to the scriptures: the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof. So, if a man goes to buy meat @ the butchers( shambles) let him ask no questions, the same applies to a feast.
But let him never eat it as a worship to the idol ( the state of ones heart is very important)

Ok.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does God Say About Racism? / : Kenneth Copeland – Faith Says It Before It Sees It / Divine UNIQUENESS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.