Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Powerlifting Champ Fractures Both Kness In Horrifying 800-lb Squat Attempt - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Powerlifting Champ Fractures Both Kness In Horrifying 800-lb Squat Attempt (393 Views)

Tiktok Doctor Posts Before And After Pics With Horrifying Results(pictures) / In An Attempt To Squat 900 Pounds, Power Lifter Fractures Both Knees / How Can Someone Correct Knock Kness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Powerlifting Champ Fractures Both Kness In Horrifying 800-lb Squat Attempt by uzoma213(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
A Russian powerlifting champ fractured both his knees and snapped both his quads in an 800-plus-pound squat attempt gone horrifically wrong ... and the video is TERRIFYING.

The awful scene all went down when decorated weightlifter Alexander Sedykh stepped up to the bar at a World Raw Powerlifting Federation event near Moscow this past weekend.

Sedykh -- the event's champ just a year ago -- loaded up 800 KG (roughly 880 pounds) on the bar ... and when he went to squat it, things took an awful turn.

In the video, you can see Sedykh's legs wobble ... before they eventually give out with a loud cracking sound.

Immediately, Sedykh is in serious pain ... and after he was rushed to the hospital, he reportedly required hours of surgery to fix his broken legs and quadriceps muscles.

"The main thing is that I must lie motionless in bed for two months,” Sedykh reportedly said of the injuries. “Then I'll be taught how to walk again."

He added, "It’ll take time to recuperate" and "I've had my quadriceps re-sewn and my knees put back together.”

Click the link below to watch the video.

Source; https://amp.tmz.com/2020/08/13/russian-powerlifter-fractures-both-knees-squat-attempt/?__twitter_impression=true

(1) (Reply)

Dark Underarm Solved! / Enugu State Healthcare Worker Are On Strike / 8 Ways To Grow A Beard Fast And Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.