Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George (1813 Views)

Idahosa: Oshiomhole Refused To Believe Obaseki Has Finished Him Politically / Watch List: Fayose Replies EFCC / Fayose Replies Yahaya Bello On Monopoly Of Stupidity Comment (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by HenryQuest(m): 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
Former Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose has responded to Bode George who blasted him over comments he made stating that he does not support the candidacy of Godwin Obaseki as the People’s Democratic Party’s (PDP) flagbearer in Edo state election.

Fayose, had earlier in an interview on Plustv Africa, said that despite being a PDP member, he will not support Governor Obaseki’s re-election bid.

The comment did not go down well with former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olabode George, who blasted Fayose, saying, “I find it completely unacceptable. How can a committed member who has benefited immensely from the party pitch his tenth against our own candidate in Edo State? “I am countering such remarks by telling the people of Edo State that we, members of the PDP in the South-West, that we are in support of Obaseki. We pray for him and we will work and support him to win the election. “PDP in the South-West and I dissociate ourselves from Fayose’s statement. He is on his own because we do not know where that is coming from.”

Fayose, on Thursday night in a series of tweet expressed his displeasure over the comments made by Bode George. He stated that Bode George misunderstood his stand on the Edo election, and advised him to take a rest.

“I just read the response of Chief Bode George to his understanding of what I said concerning the Edo State election. Even though I won’t like to dignify him with a response, it is important that I set the records straight because it appears that he may have deliberately read different meanings to what Political gains he wants to make out of it and I careless. My position is that, for obvious reasons, I am not a fan of both Gov Obaseki and Oshiomhole” he said.

Fayose however clarified his stand by stating that although he believes Obaseki will win the election, he (Obaseki) should stick to his agreement of not returning to the APC afterwards.

He said, “That notwithstanding, I believe that Obaseki will win, but he should honour his agreement with the PDP by not returning to APC after assuming office for the second term for flimsy excuses.”

Fayose made it clear that his comments are his personal opinion and does not reflect the views of PDP as a party.

“It is equally important for Chief Bode George to know that I am not the mouthpiece of South West PDP. I speak for myself and I take responsibility for whatever I say.

“Above all, we still remember his negative statement concerning PDP on Ekiti, Osun and Rivers States elections. We still have the audio and it is a reference point that we will never forget. Pa Bode George should take a rest now.” he concluded.

https://vantagenews.ng/2020/08/13/i-believe-obaseki-will-win-fayose-replies-bode-george/

1 Like

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by chukwuibuipob: 9:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
grin Baba Elewon Aka Ex Convict that can't delivered Lagos to PDP still dey talk grin grin Useless TAX COLLECTORS party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Simplyleo: 9:52pm On Aug 13, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by ojun50(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
Pa Bode George should take a rest now.” he concluded.
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by frankyychiji(f): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
Fayose my role model...
Temitemi my guy..

Dat year.. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by frankyychiji(f): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
Simplyleo:
Trash loading...

2 Likes

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by chukwuibuipob: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
wink cheesy grin grin grin Baba onijibiti too wan scam/collect his own from Edo Father Xmas grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by frankyychiji(f): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
ojun50:
Pa Bode George should take a rest now.” he concluded.
A well deserved rest! The man has no electoral value whatsoever. That's why APC has not poached him in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
Oshoko 1

1 Like

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by softeeg: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2020
Lets see
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Miracle1991: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2020
When two fools fight over an election that they already lost.
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Kwamecron(m): 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
Pdp...
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by slivertongue: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2020
even Heaven knows obaseki will win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Tkester: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2020
Who doesn't know obagod will win? Except the cursed afonjazees from brown roof Republic.

1 Like

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by freshkpomo(m): 2:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Verdict:
Why did Oshiomole build a school in Iyamoh when AAU was in ruins... Do we still need new schools in this country when the old ones are in a pitiable state? Obaseki has shown that there is a big difference between a literate and and a
labourer (agebro) . Those spreading lies about the governor not performing better be careful cos what to sow you will reap.

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

Nigerians are suffering and smiling

3 Likes

Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Ategberoson(m): 5:49am On Aug 14, 2020
Tkester:
Who doesn't know obagod will win? Except the cursed afonjazees from brown roof Republic.

not doing your naming ceremony might be the reason behind your stupidity
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by helinues: 5:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Where is Mr Kpomo cutters talking from?
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by FrankBass281(m): 6:31am On Aug 14, 2020
okay
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by Dansuqi: 6:56am On Aug 14, 2020
slivertongue:
even Heaven knows obaseki will win

Like eleka won
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by HenryQuest(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2020
Bros fear God nah!

Ategberoson:

not doing your naming ceremony might be the reason behind your stupidity
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by backnbeta(f): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2020
One idiot is one idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party undecided

Franz Kafka
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by slivertongue: 12:30am On Aug 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

Like eleka won
yes he won
Re: I Believe Obaseki Will Win, Fayose Replies Bode George by slivertongue: 12:30am On Aug 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

Like eleka won
yes he won

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Most Reasonable Nlander I've Seen,, What Happened To Him? (pics) / James Duddridge: Nigeria's Insecurity Massively Complex Beyond Military Approach / Nigerian: They Hate Igbo But They Don't Want To See Them Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.