Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million (2887 Views)

How Accurate Are Peter Obi’s Claims At NESG Economic Dialogue? (Fact Check) / AriseTV Town Hall: Fact Checks On Peter Obi's Claims Published / Obi Questioned On Why He Invested $30m State Funds In Company Where His Family.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 14, 2020
Peter Obi Questioned On Why He Invested $30m State Funds In Company Where His Family Owns Shares.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer.

Peter Obi, vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has explained why he invested $30million of Anambra State funds in a company owned by his family.

He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja on Wednesday.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer.

His words: “I brought International Breweries into Nigeria and as a Governor of a state, they built a greenfield facility in the state and they came to me and said ‘as our partner, we want you to own 15 per cent of this company’, and I said to them ‘No, right now, I am the Governor of a state. I know the future of this brewery, and I want the state to own 10 per cent and since I’m no longer involved in the company, they can own five per cent’. I put in $30million of state money there, it’s now worth $100million and it’s still there. No other state in this country has such investment.

“Personally, I have no investment; not even one Naira. Go to Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) today, if you will see Peter Obi as owner of one share; it doesn’t exist. Next is a family company started by my own parents and as their child, I ran it at a time, and when I became Governor, I had nothing to do with it till today.

“I also invested $50million of Anambra State money in the power sector. I invested several billions in banks, including banks where I have shares. I was investing for the future of the state; it doesn’t matter whether I have shares or not. If I have the opportunity of building the future of the state, wouldn’t I have done that?

“I left office in this country, leaving Anambra State with investment in cash of N75billion. The day I left office, we had $56million, N12billion in Fidelity Bank.; in Diamond Bank, $50million, N12billion; in Access Bank, $50million, N12billion for Anambra State. Show me in the history of this country where anybody has left 10 per cent of that.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/30/peter-obi-questioned-why-he-invested-30m-state-funds-company-where-his-family-owns-shares

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 14, 2020
helinues,NGpatriot,,TonyeBarcanista,hollah123

1 Like

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by kurupt1: 1:33am On Aug 14, 2020
post=92794167:

Why do you keep mentioning our moniker on your threads.
We don't Comment on every thread please.
Na by force to force us by your market?

Kindly make this the last time you will do this daily rubbish.
An advice!

Stick to your daily wailing job and daily abuse pls.
We hate rubbish.
Tueeeh!
shocked shocked I can't believe it!!
Mannagrills don get sense......is it the bad Buhari economy that is reshaping his sense??

3 Likes

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 14, 2020
kurupt1:
shocked shocked I can't believe it!!
Mannagrills don get sense......is it the bad Buhari economy that is reshaping his sense??
grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by leofab(f): 2:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Talks
Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 3:06am On Aug 14, 2020
His words: “I brought International Breweries into Nigeria and as a Governor of a state, they built a greenfield facility in the state and they came to me and said ‘as our partner, we want you to own 15 per cent of this company’, and I said to them ‘No, right now, I am the Governor of a state. I know the future of this brewery, and I want the state to own 10 per cent and since I’m no longer involved in the company, they can own five per cent’. I put in $30million of state money there, it’s now worth $100million and it’s still there. No other state in this country has such investment.

Where did he say the brewery he invested the states $30m is owned by his parents?

5 Likes

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Esseite:

Where did he say the brewery he invested the states $30m is owned by his parents?

"He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja on Wednesday.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer."

2 Likes

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:32am On Aug 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You asslick your darling daddy that is why.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by judgementyard(m): 4:42am On Aug 14, 2020
;DMy future president grin
argue with your keyboard

2 Likes

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:52am On Aug 14, 2020
^^^^^^

Hehehe grin cheesy wink
For more jokes text PDP Obituary to 419!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

"He stated this in response to a question by Kadaria Ahmed, host of ‘The Candidates’, a presidential town hall co-production between Daria Media and the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), with support from the MacArthur Foundation, held in Abuja on Wednesday.

He claimed that the company belonged to his parents, and he had no dealings in it after he became a public officer."

International breweries is different from Next holdings...

He invested $30m into International breweries of which the state owns 15% and worth about $100m now, and not into Next holdings which is a family business.. it's there in the article..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by clarocuzioo(m): 5:01am On Aug 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 14, 2020
post=92795903:
You mean you licking the cum of your god Atiku!?

Gbas-Gbos!! tongue embarassed
You are sick and twisted like your darling daddy. Who has turned the country to the poverty and corruption capital of the world.
The only President that ran to London, England for over 100 days to claim asylum from his disastrous reign, under the guise of medical treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w

3 Likes

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:42am On Aug 14, 2020
helinues:

Who knows if na curse working on the guy cos his case is becoming abnormal.

He is too dull to make any comments without seeking out authentication...

That's what idleness and joblessness can cause.
GBAM!
Nothing to be added to your true words again!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:42am On Aug 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You are sick and twisted like your darling daddy. Who has turned the country to the poverty and corruption capital of the world.
The only President than ran to London, England for over 100 days to claim asylum from his disastrous reign, under the guise of medical treatment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 14, 2020
helinues:

Who knows if na curse working on the guy cos his case is becoming abnormal.

He is too dull to make any comments without seeking out authentication...

That's what idleness and joblessness can cause.
What is more idle than defending a Chicago drug lord who looted his state dry and gave himself a multi-million dollar life pension.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:45am On Aug 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

What is more idle than defending a Chicago drug lord who looted his state dry and gave himself a multi-million dollar life pension.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by helinues: 5:47am On Aug 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

So what should I do about it?

Am I Tinubu? His son? Supporters?

Why do you always tag me on every nonsense of yours even after warning you to desist.. Would you kpeme if you stop mentioning me?

You are no longer going on one month educational leave? Acute liars

Oshi and Iranu have taken over your life..

It's a pity..

Idleness guy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:48am On Aug 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You are sick and twisted like your darling daddy.
When true words pain dem like aboniki balm on the eyes, they result to what they are good in doing, INSULTS and curses, cos they have nothing to counter the truth!
Daily Life of a wailer! tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 14, 2020
post=92796301:

Buhari the number one promoter of corruption. Transparency International can attest to this, Nigeria dropped 12 rankings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 14, 2020
post=92796348:
Have you seen the life pension the Chicago drug lord gave himself. It is a crime against humanity.

https://www.nairaland.com/6048197/lagos-pension-each-ex-governor-collected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by IgbalodeRaymond: 5:52am On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author= post=92796301][/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by IgbalodeRaymond: 5:53am On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author= post=92796301][/quote]
trash

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:54am On Aug 14, 2020
As e dey hot, take am supporter of criminals.
See your 2 gods embarrassing themselves and spreading their dirty boxers in the public.
Shame on y'all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback :Peter Obi Claims Parents Own Company He Invested $30 Million by helinues: 5:54am On Aug 14, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
myn.d44 lalasti.clala seu.n oa.m4j
rule 2

Your carpenter wan use teeth remove nails? undecided

Canceller!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osisioma Flyover In Aba Nears Completion / Fulani Attacks In The East / 15 APC Chieftains Dump Party In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.