Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 (1340 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Advice / Should I Buy A 2007/2008 Acura tl Type S / Pros & Cons Of Infiniti FX45 (2007-2008) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 3:04am On Aug 14, 2020
Hello everyone,
I intend to buy rav4 2007/2008 within this month but I need your advice.
I have 2.5m which I think it's can buy me foreign used based on prices I saw online but the problem I have is that, that is the exact only cash I have which i can't afford to use all at this time, so I'm contemplating buying Nigeria use so I can have some change to use in few months for maintenance of the same and other things. Do you think it's a nice idea to buy Nigeria used? Assuming I go for Nigeria use what are those things I need to take note of? Please I need ur advice, don't want to regret it.
Thanks for your consideration
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by badoh(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2020
I'll not encourage you to buy Nigerian used cos of hidden problems sellers might not reveal to you. However, if you intends to have extra cash, why not look for a car in n the range of 2m to 2.2m or it's a must you should buy SUV. You can still get 04 sienna or camry 2008/2009 around 2m.
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 7:33am On Aug 14, 2020
badoh:
I'll not encourage you to buy Nigerian used cos of hidden problems sellers might not reveal to you. However, if you intends to have extra cash, why not look for a car in n the range of 2m to 2.2m or it's a must you should buy SUV. You can still get 04 sienna or camry 2008/2009 around 2m.
thanks alot, I don't like Siena maybe Camry 2008/2009
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by blissbliss: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2020
If you must do a Nigerian used; do get a reliable hand (mechanic) to do the heavy lifting for you while you go to rest. But I’d advise patience till you’re able to get a good one.
You may actually consider a Gazzuzz or a Kingrein.

Would advise you have a spare change on you to sort some other needs as this might not be best of times for the Nigerian economy.

Congratulations in advance Sir.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by 9icetoo(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Saao:
Hello everyone,
I have 2.5m which I think it's can buy me foreign used based on prices I saw online but the problem I have is that, that is the exact only cash I have which i can't afford to use all at this time, so I'm contemplating buying Nigeria use so I can have some change to use in few months for maintenance of the same and other things. Do you think it's a nice idea to buy Nigeria used? Assuming I go for Nigeria use what are those things I need to take note of? Please I need ur advice, don't want to regret it.
2.5 million won't get you a decent 07/08 RAV4.
Sellers have upped prices because of the crazy exchange rate and bid prices.
You can get a sound Nigerian used for 1.8m-2.2m.
Ensure a competent and trusted fellow inspects for you.
Pay them if you have to. Obtain as much information from the seller ahead of inspection to reduce wasted efforts.
Keep at least 150k as spare change for repairs and documentation costs. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by adollyboy(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Personally,I can't advise you to spend all your money on car.I know you can still get a good Nigerian used of the same car at half price or just a little above half price.
Then you have little change to fix some problems that car has or the ones the vehicle will develop after buying.
If you eventually settle for Naija used, please don't have the mindset that your car should be problem free, even if the seller says so.
You can go with trusted mechanic or trusted and experienced car user or drivers.I say trusted mechanic oo.Alot of those mechanic betray their customers.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by thonyman: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Having a Nigerian used car put up for sale doesn't necessarily mean it was faulty prompting seller to put it up for sales, if going for Nigerian used car, get Gazzuzz service.
With him & God by ur side, you are covered from Lemon purchase.
He saved me from buying an overhyped Nigerian used highlander 2007 in Ibadan few weeks ago.
Seller claimed no hidden faults/pristine state, my friend who went earlier to check fell in love with it only for Gazzuzz to inspect & root out all hidden faults and advise on what the ride actually worth.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Highorbit7O16: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
Just buy a corolla and enjoy life.
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by dicksonadams(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Highorbit7O16:
Just buy a corolla and enjoy life.

Did you took the car to his shop or he want with you
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
thonyman:
Having a Nigerian used car put up for sale doesn't necessarily mean it was faulty prompting seller to put it up for sales, if going for Nigerian used car, get Gazzuzz service.
He saved me from buying an overhyped Nigerian used highlander 2007 in Ibadan few weeks ago.
Seller claimed no hidden faults/pristine state, my friend who went earlier to check fell in love with it only for Gazzuzz to inspect & root out all hidden faults and advise on what the ride actually worth.
great, I will contact him
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
adollyboy:
Personally,I can't advise you to spend all your money on car.I know you can still get a good Nigerian used of the same car at half price or just a little above half price.
Then you have little change to fix some problems that car has or the ones the vehicle will develop after buying.
If you eventually settle for Naija used, please don't have the mindset that your car should be problem free, even if the seller says so.
You can go with trusted mechanic or trusted and experienced car user or drivers.I say trusted mechanic oo.Alot of those mechanic betray their customers.
OK thanks alot
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
9icetoo:

2.5 million won't get you a decent 07/08 RAV4.
Sellers have upped prices because of the crazy exchange rate and bid prices.
You can get a sound Nigerian used for 1.8m-2.2m.
Ensure a competent and trusted fellow inspects for you.
Pay them if you have to. Obtain as much information from the seller ahead of inspection to reduce wasted efforts.
Keep at least 150k as spare change for repairs and documentation costs. Cheers.
OK thank you but what kind of information that one can ask before going for physical inspection?
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by thonyman: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Get d VIN to know the vehicle history.

Saao:
OK thank you but what kind of information that one can ask before going for physical inspection?
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
thonyman:

OK then thanks alot
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by promotervickky(m): 1:07am On Aug 15, 2020
Saao:
Hello everyone,

Buy Few Months Use

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by DGD1(m): 7:49am On Aug 15, 2020
2.5m can't get you a rav4 of that year, even if you get, you have nothing left.
As some advised, go for registered one. I've seen some registered cars better than most toks. Owner might want to sell for upgrade after spending alot to make the car take shape or distress sales.
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Artelle: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2020
thonyman:

Thanks Gazzuzz! Saving Auto buyers since 1628

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by 9icetoo(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2020
Saao:
Ask for the vin. Ask for custom papers.
Ask for copies of the vehicle registration.
Ask for pictures of engine bay, interior and all sides of the car.
If you see wires snaking around the engine bay, don't bother.
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by Saao(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2020
9icetoo:

Ask for the vin. Ask for custom papers.
Ask for copies of the vehicle registration.
Ask for pictures of engine bay, interior and all sides of the car.
If you see wires snaking around the engine bay, don't bother.
thanks alot
Re: I Need Ur Advice Regards Rav4 2007/2008 by computerglobal(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2020
Saao:
OK then thanks alot

thony man:

Contact us for Comprehensive Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty Papers Verification

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///+2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

(1) (Reply)

My 2004 Lexus RX 330 Enters Anti Theft Mode / My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears / Whats Your Worst Experience With Your Mechanic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.