Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train (465 Views)

Labour Party Chieftain Stabbed By Thugs For Pasting Posters In Osun (Photo) / Zulum Gives ₦100Million To 152 Ex-Thugs For Renouncing Thuggery In Borno / Obaseki's Campaign Strategy (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by Praxtech: 4:08am On Aug 14, 2020
The Edo State Government has condemned the attack on Governor Obaseki and his supporters during his campaign at Etsako West, ward 10, in Edo North Local Government Area.

Obaseki had embarked on a ward-to-ward campaign to seek for votes ahead of the September 19 governorship election, but his campaign train came under attack by suspected hoodlums.

The governor’s Special Adviser, Media and Strategy, Crusoe Osagie, said, “The Governor’s campaign team was attacked today (Thursday) by men believed to be sponsored by Adams Oshiomhole and Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

“The reason why we are so sure is because the governor is embarking on a ward to ward campaign, not local government like the APC is doing.

“The governor was just actually arriving at the ward that Oshiomhole belongs to which is Etsako West ward 10; so some people were planted close to the location and started shooting at the governor’s campaign team. The plan was to scare the governor from coming and scare away the governor’s supporters who were already there.

“And interestingly the people didn’t even run away. I heard that a child was hit by a stray bullet from a locally-made gun and fortunately the child survived. But the governor still went ahead to hold the rally after the irresponsible behaviour of the hoodlums.”

However, the Head of Media, APC campaign committee, John Mayaki, described the allegation as baseless.

He said, “We should all go out to campaign. I am busy in my village campaigning. All they do is accusing. I really don’t want to respond. We should be campaigning now and trying to win votes for our parties.

“The campaign should be issue-based. I am not interested in accusation against Oshiomohle because he is not event contesting in the election. They have been spreading falsehood about him. They should go and campaign.”

https://punchng.com/edo-blames-apc-thugs-for-attack-on-obasekis-campaign-train/

1 Like

Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by Praxtech: 4:09am On Aug 14, 2020
sad Oshiomole should be seriously cautioned.

odigbosky:

First of all is the money even there.
This guy came and cleared so many debts that Oshiomole owed. Especially workers, He is the most worker friendly Governor we have ever had. I know pension arrears that he cleared, backlogs. He spent time working on the finances of the state and blocking loopholes. Contracts were not over inflated anymore. People had to do things the right way. He spent so much in training teachers. I witnessed two of those trainings myself. His Tax reforms are superb, that's why drivers welfare are supporting him. Have you send Workers against him, the few ones who came out from Ekiadolor ask them how much they say he is owing. Business people love him, market people love him because he dealt with multiple taxation and Agberos can't wake and issue their own tickets. He is constructing major roads in Benin but he has done so many streets and and lanes. Not just in Benin but elsewhere. We were lucky in Edo that we never went into full lockdown. During the corona peak, he gave commercial bus drivers tax free months.

The people against him are just politicians. Obaseki doesn't even know how it works. It his deputy who knows it. When Obaseki went on a month break, he made his deputy to be acting. Do you know that when the security vote for that month came, the deputy gave it to Obaseki, but the man told his deputy that the money was his because he was acting then. This is a man who doesn't really seek power. He is fighting because he has been pushed to the wall and taken for granted too much. Almost everybody who worked with him were nominated by Oshiomole. Tell me what else do they want from him. It is this people who could not see a way of stealing that complained to Oshiomole for him to go against Obaseki.

The governor has made lots of stride and you don't see him as a loud person. The people you see everywhere with Ize iyamu are politicians. For the first time Edo masses are against the political elite. Yes he has his fault no doubt. People here don't really hate Ize iyamu, but 60-70% of Edo people don't like Oshiomole forget the media hype you see.

I tell people that, the election will not be easy for anybody. You guys will see, if the election is free and fair, I bet you Obaseki will win. The sympathy he is drawing is too much. Go to the street people are angry with him that Oshiomole is still walking, that Kabaka is still a free man. People want him to use his powers. This election is all about Egos.

Oshiomole wants to prove a point
Obaseki wants to prove his

Torgba 4+4
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by galaxy2020(m): 4:20am On Aug 14, 2020
Hmmmmm.. He took his campaign to oshomhole's house, him get mindooo! grin grin
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by Praxtech: 4:27am On Aug 14, 2020
galaxy2020:
Hmmmmm.. He took his campaign to oshomhole's house, him get mindooo! grin grin
He means serious business....ward 2 ward campaign...house 2 house canvassing

1 Like

Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by pyyxxaro: 4:32am On Aug 14, 2020
See the man on red shirt’s stomach

You go know say e like Akpu and Ogbono die sad
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by Mynd44: 5:20am On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by yinkus6750(m): 5:49am On Aug 14, 2020
September 19, come quick and judge each party according to the works of their hands.
Edo people, choose wisely, ONE MAN , ONE VOTE.
The ball is in your court.
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by ican2020: 5:49am On Aug 14, 2020
Lazy youths will never learn.

Leave these politicians alone and focus on your life
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by Vyzz: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Let them just kill theirselves there

They all the same

1 Like

Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by guyman13(m): 7:53am On Aug 14, 2020
na wow nothing no go happen for Niger again
Re: Edo Blames APC Thugs For Attack On Obaseki’s Campaign Train by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2020
APC = Violence

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EDO 2020: Deputy Governor's Wife Alleges Threat To Life / Buhari Says Farming Is The Answer For 'able-bodied' Young Nigerians / Rig Edo, Ondo Elections And Face Wrath Of God, Secondus Warns APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.