Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] (6231 Views)

Watch This SINGLE Elephant Deal With a Pride of Lions (Pix + Video) / Drone Images Of Osun State University, Osogbo. / Teacher Wears Bodysuit Showing Images Of Internal Organs To Teach Anatomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Zimri(m): 8:05am On Aug 14, 2020
Jacktheripper:
They will soon turn this thread to Lion vs Tiger.

Lol
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by nathdim: 8:17am On Aug 14, 2020
Let the battle begin team lion vs team tiger

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2020
Benwallt:
In historical accounts where lions and tigers have fought in captivity, the tiger often came out the victor. The most recent account happened on March 2011, where a tiger at the Ankara Zoo attacked a lion through its enclosure and killed the lion with a single paw swipe. “The tiger severed the lion’s jugular vein in a single stroke with its paw, leaving the animal dying in a pool of blood”
Oga pls don't derail this thread. No one is stopping you from opening a Tiger thread

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by potbelly(m): 8:59am On Aug 14, 2020
A beauty this is although I dont think this is a snapshot...

This was also shared by you op on another thread cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Desgidi99(m): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2020
Benwallt:
In 1857, a tiger at the Bromwich Zoo broke into the cage of a lion and a fearful scene ensued: the lion’s mane saved his head and neck from being injured, but the tiger succeeded in ripping up his stomach, and within a few minutes he was dead. At the Coney Island Zoo in 1909, a male tiger killed a male lion.

In 1925 in instabul turkey ...A male tiger attacked a male lion...They both fought fearlessly for about 10minute ...but the male lion soon conquered

5 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Benwallt(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2020
Desgidi99:

In 1925 in instabul turkey ...A male tiger attacked a male lion...They both fought fearlessly for about 10minute ...but the male lion soon conquered
Good to hear.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Benwallt(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2020
DonDemu:
Oga pls don't derail this thread. No one is stopping you from opening a Tiger thread
Y are you begging, are you a begger? I am not a partypooper. I just don't people referencing the lion as the king of the jungle. Please o, in case you wanna send a lion after me I am already on my knees.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2020
The fable of the Leo's

In 1387, during the climax of the battle of the Leo's.

200 aphla lions, sailed through the artic ocean to dominate the balitic states, there were meet by 112 Bangalore Tigers.

The battle ranged for 1 weeks..

The alpha lions sustained heavy casualties.

Since then till now.

No lion has ever strayed to mid land Asia.

2 Likes

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by jericco1(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2020
Beautiful
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by PrincessB1(f): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2020
Great.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by ednut1(m): 12:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Desgidi99:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlnxiu6yfc lion won here

1 Like

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:
Waoooh beautiful
I want one hanging on my wall

Safariboy if you see this mesaage, please call me
Okay ma i will.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by TGMISKY(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
The images are so beautiful that they look like they are artistic drawings or images taken at the studio
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by 247dataservices(f): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
This pictures are so lovely.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Jerryolumide(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
wamiikechukwu:
The fable of the Leo's

In 1387, during the climax of the battle of the Leo's.

200 aphla lions, sailed through the artic ocean to dominate the balitic states, there were meet by 112 Bangalore Tigers.

The battle ranged for 1 weeks..

The alpha lions sustained heavy casualties.

Since then till now.

No lion has ever strayed to mid land Asia.

Can you please help me explain how they sailed the ocean?
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Jerryolumide:

That is a fiction I wrote up there

Lol
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by ravensckar(m): 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Jerryolumide:

Bros you wicked o! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shey you wan kill the guy ni?
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by engrchykae(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
EVILFOREST:

That can't KILL an ordinary Porcupine.. cheesy grin cheesy grin
there is no real king of the jungle.
The tiger will be laughing when you say the lion is the king of the jungle.
Then the ultimate predators,the soldier ants of the Amazon jungle will give every animal general market
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by engrchykae(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
Benwallt:
Lion ain't king where you have a tiger. They are both on top in there different habitat. If nature should bring a clash between the two, many lions will fall and a few tigers too. Tigers packed the muscles.
the lion will hardly survive in tiger's habitat but the tiger will easily live in the Lion's habitat.
The tiger is the undisputed king of the jungle

1 Like

Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Benwallt(m): 9:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
engrchykae:
the lion will hardly survive in tiger's habitat but the tiger will easily live in the Lion's habitat.
The tiger is the undisputed king of the jungle
the undertaker of the world wide jungle. The lions will die off naturally in tigers habitat.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by VickyRotex(f): 1:48am On Aug 15, 2020
Nice! Great thread, Zimri!!! cool cool
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by VickyRotex(f): 1:49am On Aug 15, 2020
Una don start.

If it's not CR7 vs LM10, it will be Lion vs Tiger.

GOAT, Lion, Tiger. Dem take am do una ni undecided undecided
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by pacespot(m): 4:06am On Aug 15, 2020
ednut1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlnxiu6yfc lion won here

I've watched this clip on YouTube before, despite the tiger visibly smaller in size than the lion, it still beats the lion in most of the one-on-one exchanges. Imagine putting a tiger and a lion of the same size and age in a ditch like that, there can be only one winner. Tiger is more skillful in a fight than the lion. I did not believe the tiger was fainting in the fight, I think it was feigning weakness waiting for the lion to come to it so it can strike back, given the strength of a much larger lion it is fighting.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by DaddyMorenike: 4:14am On Aug 15, 2020
FrankBass281:
tiger vs lion loading
*sips hot beer
your fridge don spoil?
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by DaddyMorenike: 4:15am On Aug 15, 2020
FrankBass281:

are you in any way speaking of kante?
or batshuayi
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by DaddyMorenike: 4:22am On Aug 15, 2020
I know my own boss of the jungle.
It's SHEENA!!
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:58am On Aug 15, 2020
SafariBoy:

Okay ma i will.

So sorry I couln't call back, yesterday was a busy one for me.
I will call you today
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 15, 2020
RiyadhGoddess:

So sorry I couln't call back, yesterday was a busy one for me.
I will call you today
Okay ma, I will be expecting your call.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by VerifiedStalin: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2020
pacespot:

I've watched this clip on YouTube before, despite the tiger visibly smaller in size than the lion, it still beats the lion in most of the one-on-one exchanges. Imagine putting a tiger and a lion of the same size and age in a ditch like that, there can be only one winner. Tiger is more skillful in a fight than the lion. I did not believe the tiger was fainting in the fight, I think it was feigning weakness waiting for the lion to come to it so it can strike back, given the strength of a much larger lion it is fighting.

Dude!

Tiger was injured, exhausted and couldn't continue the fight, he wasn't pretending. The lion on his part was also injured and exhausted. The tiger was younger and stronger, but the lion had more stamina. The lion was victorious, he was the last one standing.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by pacespot(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

Dude!

Tiger was injured, exhausted and couldn't continue the fight, he wasn't pretending. The lion on his part was also injured and exhausted. The tiger was younger and stronger, but the lion had more stamina. The lion was victorious, he was the last one standing.

I agree with you that the tiger was exhausted. Both cats didn't want to fight each other, it was due to a lack of escape route that they resorted into fighting till death. Tiger started the fight, so it had to be the one to end it, by lying on the ground. But I did not agree with you that being a younger combatant makes the tiger stronger. Do you know how much difference two years can make in the lives of big cats? The average life expectancy of lions in the jungle is around 15 years, while those in the zoos can only Iive up to 20 years and above. A tiger of the same age and size as the lion could have won the fight. Bengal tigers are the most dangerous hunters found in the wild.
Re: Incredible Images Of Lions By Renowned Photographers [photos] by VerifiedStalin: 12:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
pacespot:

I agree with you that the tiger was exhausted. Both cats didn't want to fight each other, it was due to a lack of escape route that they resorted into fighting till death. Tiger started the fight, so it had to be the one to end it, by lying on the ground. But I did not agree with you that being a younger combatant makes the tiger stronger. Do you know how much difference two years can make in the lives of big cats? The average life expectancy of lions in the jungle is around 15 years, while those in the zoos can only Iive up to 20 years and above. A tiger of the same age and size as the lion could have won the fight. Bengal tigers are the most dangerous hunters found in the wild.

Bro, the Lion was taller, but the Tiger was more muscular and larger, which gave it a tremendous advantage in the fight. The Lion was only able to outlast him because Lions are naturally very determine/stubborn animals. In the wild, Lions often fight to the death, but Tigers would willingly submit to other Tigers to avoid getting slaughtered.

As regards size, a fully grown Bengal Tiger is larger than a fully grown African and Asiatic Lion. A Siberian Tiger is larger still. However, on four feet, African Lion is taller than both the Siberian and Bengal tigers. In this video, the lion was taller but leaner.

As regards age, age is an important factor in the wild. An old and battle weary lion is more likely to be defeated by a younger adversary. Ditto Tigers. Consequently, a younger Tiger should in theory be able to outmuscle an older lion in a fight, and it's exactly what happened in the video, he manhandled the lion several times, but the Lion being a stubborn modafuka, refused to capitulate. In the end, the lion lost the battle but won the war.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nicelabel Pro 2019 Serial Key / What Is The Cause Of Unemployment? / DELETE THIS THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.