Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! (314 Views)

Please, I Need An Answer And Explanation.. / 'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo / Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! by Amopeekun(f): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2020
Hello all!

Please, this story is not to deny the existence of the ills in the society or to downplay the seriousness of depression. Rather, I am sharing it to reach out to someone, to encourage, to tell you that whatever you are going through has always been there and will continue to be there.
The order of this world will forever be imbalanced, irrespective of our spiritual inclinations and beliefs, states and countries of residence, social statuses, ethnicities, levels of education and exposures. It is what it is! We should, therefore, brace up and live.

So, here it is:

His mother left him at the age of two for very strong and cogent reasons and his father died when he was in class three. The father was just a court clerk. In my place, it was known as 'cotu koro'. A local court where they settle land disputes and marriage issues. So, the father was a poor court clerk

He had no one until his father's younger brother, who rebelled against the family's instructions to join the force, came down and took him to the barracks. He lived from barrack to barrack and completed his primary and secondary education. He doesn't like to say much about his stay with his uncle. He always had utmost respect for him for liberating him and taking him out of abject poverty.

Well, after the secondary school, the uncle, now father, wanted him to help with his business. Somehow, he knew that the business would not thrive and also got to know that the uncle didn't want him to further his education. That time, in the early sixties, you had to go to school. He left his uncle and found himself a job. Yes, jobs were easy to get, you will say, but he didn't get it easy and he had to prove himself worthy of that opportunity. He laboured, suffered and saved every dime. He said he had only one strong shoe for work, a pair of trousers and a pair of shirts. He had to manage everything he had. From feeding to everything you can think of. He saved enough to proceed to the polytechnic and did his OND. I don't know what it was then.

After then, he went for his IT. He didn't come back. He continued to work to save for his HND. He didn't socialize much, he couldn't. He was one of the oldest students in the class, if not the oldest.

Along the way, realising age was no longer on his side, he got a girlfriend, went to her father, and told him, 'sir, I have no one and no money, but I love your daughter and I want to marry her.'' Tell me about a poor man with attitude and 'agidi' and I will point him out.

He had two children before he eventually served in the early eighties. Check it out, from the sixties to early eighties! He didn't give up! He toiled and laboured. His wife will also tell you how she had to cope. A rich man's daughter that had to marry a poor man. Funny and sound untrue, abi?

That is the story, as real as it can be! They have trained seven children to university level. They Even supported some to earn a second degree. All are married except the last born who is waiting to serve.

We can't have it all but we can make do with what we have. We should not be influenced by the lies of families and friends, and today, the lies from social media. We should be careful with the kinds of friend we make. The final lessons I got to learn from them are, we should not bite more than what we can chew and always have an open heart. Things will always fall in to place.

To whosoever is reading this, it is never too late. Things will always fall into place. Hang on, it is not over yet.

Amopeekun.

3 Likes

Re: Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 14, 2020
Amopeekun:
Hello all!

Please, this story is not to deny the existence of the ills in the society or to downplay the seriousness of depression. Rather, I am sharing it to reach out to someone, to encourage, to tell you that whatever you are going through has always been there and will continue to be there.
The order of this world will forever be imbalanced, irrespective of our spiritual inclinations and beliefs, states and countries of residence, social statuses, ethnicities, levels of education and exposures. It is what it is! We should, therefore, brace up and live.

So, here it is:

His mother left him at the age of two for very strong and cogent reasons and his father died when he was in class three. The father was just a court clerk. In my place, it was known as 'cotu koro'. A local court where they settle land disputes and marriage issues. So, the father was a poor court clerk

He had no one until his father's younger brother, who rebelled against the family's instructions to join the force, came down and took him to the barracks. He lived from barrack to barrack and completed his primary and secondary education. He doesn't like to say much about his stay with his uncle. He always had utmost respect for him for liberating him and taking him out of abject poverty.

Well, after the secondary school, the uncle, now father, wanted him to help with his business. Somehow, he knew that the business would not thrive and also got to know that the uncle didn't want him to further his education. That time, in the early sixties, you had to go to school. He left his uncle and found himself a job. Yes, jobs were easy to get, you will say, but he didn't get it easy and he had to prove himself worthy of that opportunity. He laboured, suffered and saved every dime. He said he had only one strong shoe for work, a pair of trousers and a pair of shirts. He had to manage everything he had. From feeding to everything you can think of. He saved enough to proceed to the polytechnic and did his OND. I don't know what it was then.

After then, he went for his IT. He didn't come back. He continued to work to save for his HND. He didn't socialize much, he couldn't. He was one of the oldest students in the class, if not the oldest.

Along the way, realising age was no longer on his side, he got a girlfriend, went to her father, and told him, 'sir, I have no one and no money, but I love your daughter and I want to marry her.'' Tell me about a poor man with attitude and 'agidi' and I will point him out.

He had two children before he eventually served in the early eighties. Check it out, from the sixties to early eighties! He didn't give up! He toiled and laboured. His wife will also tell you how she had to cope. A rich man's daughter that had to marry a poor man. Funny and sound untrue, abi?

That is the story, as real as it can be! They have trained seven children to university level. They Even supported some to earn a second degree. All are married except the last born who is waiting to serve.

We can't have it all but we can make do with what we have. We should not be influenced by the lies of families and friends, and today, the lies from social media. We should be careful with the kinds of friend we make. The final lessons I got to learn from them are, we should not bite more than what we can chew and always have an open heart. Things will always fall in to place.

To whosoever is reading this, it is never too late. Things will always fall into place. Hang on, it is not over yet.

Amopeekun.
How is suicide not an answer.
It ends the meaningless suffering.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! by Amopeekun(f): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2020
It doesn't sir/ma. It spurs a circle of emotional pain, irreparable and irreplaceable loss. To the those who love you, those who would have benefited if you stayed a little longer and to who will look at you someday and say, 'thank you'
Squillaci:

How is suicide not an answer.
It ends the meaningless suffering.
Re: Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! by SirVamo(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amopeekun:
It doesn't sir/ma. It spurs a circle of emotional pain, irreparable and irreplaceable loss. To the those who love you, those who would have benefited if you stayed a little longer and to who will look at you someday and say, 'thank you'

You see the problem with y'all??

You are all just too selfish ..

Somebody is fighting for their life through depression and unexplainable pains,

But y'all are always concerned about how pained loved ones would be??

How many of the so called loved ones are even checking up on these suicidal peeps??

You have never been depressed in your life so it's easy to come on here and form motivational speaker...

See at that point thinking about a loved one is the last thing on the mind, you even feel you are doing the loved ones a favor by leaving this Earth.

Y'all should for once stop this selfish angle of saying think of your loved ones who will be alive...

Loved ones who would forget you and move on after months

1 Like

Re: Suicide Was, And Never Will Be An Answer! by Amopeekun(f): 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Madam/sirdam,
The problems in the world are enormous, you only know yours and I know mine.
Being selfish is only a human attribute. We should all bear our problems. If we get help, then fine.

Now, there's an argument of independence and entitlement. One school of thought says we don't owe anyone anything, including our parents. We did not ask to be born. The other says we are our parents' investments. We must give back. Which do you belong?

When we eventually die, it's only a matter of time, we would all be forgotten. It is a human attribute.

Back to my post: our problems are not going anywhere. We can only try, fix them and live. Or allow ourselves to be swept away. It's a choice, another human attribute.

Now to the loved and unloved ones, our mothers who bore all the pain, our fathers who eventually became weak, our siblings, also carrying their own crosses, the stingy rich uncles and aunties, the religious leaders with plenty skeletons in their cupboards, our town people who only come when things are rosy, the government executives who are only after what they will get, the stranger who doesn't know where the next meal will come from, the sick who isn't sure he will get well, to the student without admission, the graduate without job prospects...

Our problems are not going anywhere, and I am only suggesting that we try to do our best and be hopeful. If that is selfish, well, what do I know?

SirVamo:

You see the problem with y'all??

You are all just too selfish ..

Somebody is fighting for their life through depression and unexplainable pains,

But y'all are always concerned about how pained loved ones would be??

How many of the so called loved ones are even checking up on these suicidal peeps??

You have never been depressed in your life so it's easy to come on here and form motivational speaker...

See at that point thinking about a loved one is the last thing on the mind, you even feel you are doing the loved ones a favor by leaving this Earth.

Y'all should for once stop this selfish angle of saying think of your loved ones who will be alive...

Loved ones who would forget you and move on after months

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christmas 2020!!!!!!!!!! / Biryani Recipe | Chicken Biryani Recipe - Easy Biryani -biryani Recipe Pakistani / A Big Opportunity To Own A Land At Umueri Close to Anambra State Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.