Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University (32871 Views)

AFCON: Moment Kanu Nwankwo & Kashim Shettima Celebrated With Super Eagles(Video) / Courtney Dike Is Now A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Pics: Courtney Dike & Francisca Ordega On The Way To France 4 Super Falcons Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by naptu2: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
OSU Cowgirl Soccer @CowgirlFC

Today we begin a series we're calling The Person & The Player as we celebrate Cowgirl alumnae who have gone on to successful careers in various industries. Up first is @CourtneyDike, who is doing big things in the Big Apple! #OneMore #GoPokes #okstate

https://mobile.twitter.com/CowgirlFC/status/1293943308230840320

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8hH8M6mbw

Hello, my name is Courtney Dike.

I was a member of Cowgirl Soccer from 2013 to 2017. I graduated with my bachelors and masters degrees in accounting. I'm a C.P.A and currently working for Ernst and Young.

I started off in the Audit practice, but now I'm in the Forensics and Integrity Services Group, where we conduct financial investigations and do compliance work, so it's a lot of fun.

Being a student athlete at OSU definitely instilled a lot of qualities in me that, not only opened doors for me after graduation, but translate well into my professional career now. The dedication, perseverance, prioritisation thay comes along with being a student athlete are a few of those qualities.

There are a ton of people at Stillwater who influenced me off the soccer field, academically and in my personal life who I'll never forget.

My experience at OSU is something that I'm always grateful for and I'll be able to carry it with me where ever I go, so. . .

Thank you OSU.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by naptu2: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
I created this thread in 2018 when she became a CPA.

naptu2:
There is a question that many football fans have been asking in the past one month; ”Where is Courtney Dike?”

Courtney Dike played for Nigeria at the 2014 Under 20 Women’s World Cup. The Falconets came second in the competition.

She made headlines when she declined the cash reward that the Federal Government gave to the players. She was playing for Oklahoma State University (Cowgirls) at the time and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) in America prohibit athletes that are playing in the NCAA leagues from receiving cash rewards for taking part in sports competitions.

Courtney also played for Nigeria at the 2015 Women’s World Cup, then it seemed like she just disappeared. She was not part of the Super Falcons team that won the 2016 AWCON. She resurfaced last year to play for Nigeria in a friendly match against France, then she disappeared again.

She was invited by Coach Dennerby to be a part of the Super Falcons team at the 2018 AWCON, but she never showed up at the camp and no reason was given for her absence.

I was also wondering what’s happening to her because I expected her to play in the National Women’s Soccer League after graduating from Oklahoma State University, but I didn’t hear any news of her signing for any club.

Well, here’s the answer. She is now a Certified Public Accountant. She was probably working to qualify for her CPA license and that’s probably why she couldn’t make it to camp.

Congratulations to her.

https://twitter.com/NnedimMusic/status/1068288438066130944

naptu2:

Video: Courtney Dike thanks Nigerians for congratulating her after she got her masters degree in accounting and CPA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aI-vWNqjTk

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by naptu2: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
naptu2:
Courtney Dike is part of two sets of brother and sister combinations that have played for the Super Eagles and the Super Falcons.

1) Ndubuisi Okosieme played for the Super Eagles in the late 1980s and his sister, Nkiru Okosieme played for the Super Falcons in the 1990s and early 2000s.

2) Bright Dike played for Nigeria in the early 2010s and Courtney Dike has been playing for Nigeria since 2014.

First picture below: Courtney and Bright Dike.

2) Bright Dike

3) Courtney Dike

4) Courtney Dike and Francisca Ordega travelling to Le Mans together to play for the Super Falcons against France last year

1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Dear naptu2,

Lemme be honest with you, when I saw the word "Cowgirl" my thoughts were diverted to the regular "Cowgirl" style we ocassionally receive from our ....

And to make matters worse, I had a wild imagination running through my head....

Just imagine the beautiful and delectable Courtney Dike as an alumni of OSU "Cowgirl" Sucker team.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by naptu2: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
naptu2:
2014 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Canada.

Courtney Dike scored the fastest goal of the competition, Asisat Oshoala scored 4 goals and Uchechi Sunday scored 1 goal.

Korea DPR 2-6 Nigeria.

naptu2:
Goals by Courtney Dike (1), Uchechi Sunday (1) and Asisat Oshoala (4) gave Nigeria a 2-6 victory over North Korea in the semi-final of the 2014 FIFA Under 20 Women's World Cup.

Check out Oshoala's last 2 goals grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrK3P5NdJfg

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Enoch07: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
now this is beautiful!!

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Teeboi56: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by illiteratepmb: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbo Amaka

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by free2ryhme: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by EXLOVER(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
When is University of California going to celebrate me for applying for their school over and over again without them giving me admission but i didn't give up?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by kalu61(m): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Congrats to her but that cowgirl caption ehh, even Pope minds can't stop the temptation to think what it means.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Privatepart00: 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbos are wonderful everywhere

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by illiteratepmb: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbo Amaka!

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
JidennaJason:
Dear naptu2,

Lemme be honest with you, when I saw the word "Cowgirl" my thoughts were diverted to the regular "Cowgirl" style we ocassionally receive from our ....

Just imagine the beautiful and delectable Courtney Dike as an alumni of OSU "Cowgirl" Sucker team.
na wa for you o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by kalu61(m): 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
illiteratepmb:
Igbo Amaka
They are coming for you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria dream killers are coming

9 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by datola: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
Congratulations!
Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by OPECINHO: 2:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbo mara mma nke úkwú.

37 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by potopotoking: 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbo amaka

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by Houseofglam7(f): 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
undecided
Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by mariahAngel(f): 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
She's a quirky beauty.

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
IGBO ASOKA.
IGBO MURU NZE MUO OZO
IGBO BU ODOGWU
IGBO SIRI IKE
ONYE NA ABUGHI ONYE IGBO ONA EBE ARIRI

33 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by DoubleEngine007: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
JidennaJason:
Dear naptu2,

9 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by TheCvBank: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
A family of athletes, very strong genes.

Impressive!

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by wfjimmytobby(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
hope she can do the cowgirl style well on bed though ;Dhope she can do the cowgirl style well on bed though
Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by bankulizer: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Do you mean Olabisi Onabanjo University, OSU? grin

1 Like

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by illiteratepmb: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
Igbo ndi oma.

12 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by naptu2: 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Courtney Dike Celebrated By Oklahoma State University by tit(f): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cowgirl!
We Fulanis are going places

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Super Eagles Final Training At Akwa Ibom International Stadium / Tobias Lawal Wants To Play For Nigeria / Jorginho wins 2020/21 UEFA Player of the Year award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.